Spoiler General One Punch Man Spoilers

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
i'm getting a bit bored
Me too.
+ I think Murata should chill down a little because I can't actually imagine that one day he will draw Saitama vs God or Blast.
Giving feats like this to no Saitama/Blast level of hype characters is a bad move IMO.

How Saitama vs Blast will look like in that case?

They will split the planets around the Earth with their consecutive clashes?

I ain't going to lie I like that kind of stuff but when the time passes and I chill a little a can see that it might've been a bad idea.

S

Shuyaku

Me too.
+ I think Murata should chill down a little because I can't actually imagine that one day he will draw Saitama vs God or Blast.
Giving feats like this to no Saitama/Blast level of hype characters is a bad move IMO.

What would Saitama vs Blast look like in that case?

They will split the planets around the Earth with their consecutive clashes?

I ain't going to lie I like that kind of stuff but when the time passes and I chill a little a can see that it might've been a bad idea.
No, it's not about the scale of the feats, OPM is just a powerful verse. There's just not much progress to the arc, it feels insanely slow paced compared to the webtoon, too much time spent on less relevant stuff.

I've been into OPM for over 4 years, my enjoyment is wearing out bit by bit no doubt. Guess i'm getting old :risitasad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
No, it's not about the scale of the feats, OPM is just a powerful verse. There's just not much progress to the arc, it feels insanely slow paced compared to the webtoon, too much time spent on less relevant stuff.

I've been into OPM for over 4 years, my enjoyment is wearing out bit by bit no doubt.
I wonder what's the truth behind the chapters. Some people say that ONE is not involved in this and gives Murata a free hand and others say that Murata consults the chapters with him.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Now that the hype has worn down, i gotta ask, what do you guys think of the story right now ? I'm not gonna lie, i'm getting a bit bored, it's just feats after feats with little substance.

OPM is just surface level enjoyment for me at this point, that's it.

@Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Light D Lamperouge @Patryipe @SethTrollins etc.
Eh, I don’t really look at OPM that way lol. It’s just a parody/fun manga, I don’t really care where the story goes personally.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
S

Shuyaku

Dropping it might be a bad idea to be honest. Especially how good the manga is right now so a long break might be good for now.
Eh, i have no interest, the pacing is god awful, a chapter takes 6 months to come out and all we get is a naked monster chick slicing a chunk of the earth, awesome.

Nah but jokes aside i'm getting bored of the formula. Don't mind me tho. :sanmoji:

Last edited by a moderator:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Now that the hype has worn down, i gotta ask, what do you guys think of the story right now ? I'm not gonna lie, i'm getting a bit bored, it's just feats after feats with little substance.

OPM is just surface level enjoyment for me at this point, that's it.

@Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Light D Lamperouge @Patryipe @SethTrollins etc.
I can understand what you say here. From the begining till the fight with Boros i watched the anime which is wonderful, full of energy, awesome fights, comedy and even if this is a parody manga the history of an OP being was fun and I liked it. Even if the story was not ultra interesting and deep it had some flesh.

Then for garou parts I began to read Murata's manga. And it slowly began to be different. Less Saitama, more other characters etc. I like Garou and it is nice for a "bad guy" to have that kind of focus and once again it is the opposite way of every other manga.
But slowly the manga became more and more hollow to me. Just epic showdown after epic showdown the whole point what kinda lost.

Saitama and King are the great part of this second part. The Fubuki group is fun and Suiryu too. But except that it was just wonderfully drawn brawl fest. Maybe this is because I didn't knew the story at first, and now with the webcomic I couldn't stop to spoil myself so I know everything before it happens so I just wait the big fights to happen and the arc to end.

I think that after this arc if I decide to keep reading OPM I won't spoil myself anymore with the webcomic and ony stick to the Murata's one.

All in all we will see where this will go, but I think One should go back from his initial formula and put Saitama in the middle of the action a lot more.

S

Shuyaku

I can understand what you say here. From the begining till the fight with Boros i watched the anime which is wonderful, full of energy, awesome fights, comedy and even if this is a parody manga the history of an OP being was fun and I liked it. Even if the story was not ultra interesting and deep it had some flesh.

Then for garou parts I began to read Murata's manga. And it slowly began to be different. Less Saitama, more other characters etc. I like Garou and it is nice for a "bad guy" to have that kind of focus and once again it is the opposite way of every other manga.
But slowly the manga became more and more hollow to me. Just epic showdown after epic showdown the whole point what kinda lost.

Saitama and King are the great part of this second part. The Fubuki group is fun and Suiryu too. But except that is was just wonderfully drawn brawl fest. Maybe this is because I didn't knew the story at first, and now with the webcomic I couldn't stop to spoil myself so I know everything before it happens so I just wait the big fight to happen and the arc to end.

I think that after this arc if I decide to keep reading OPM I won't spoil myself anymore with the webcomic and ony stick to the Murata's one.

All in all we will see where this will go, but I think One should go back from his initial formula and put Saitama in the middle of the action a lot more.
I think this has to be the best anime fight in history

I like Garou also, but i feel like he doesn't fit in OPM, the quality is dipping since Saitama is taking a step back, seriously who cares about Tatsumaki and Psykos ?

The tournament arc was pointless, Saitama learned nothing, and although suiryu's development and the a class heroes shining were solid moments, it was an anti climatic arc. There's a reason why we refer to it as filler, even though it's not, but it feels like it.

Current arc is very good in terms of fighting in what not, but it's too much even for opm.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The tournament arc was pointless, Saitama learned nothing, and although suiryu's development and the a class heroes shining were solid moments, it was an anti climatic arc. There's a reason why we refer to it as filler, even though it's not, but it feels like it.
For me the tournament was very much OPMesque and I like it : a lot of Saitama, some comedy, cool fights, Parody of tournament in manga and some questions about the hero and what it is about.
Post automatically merged:

I think this has to be the best anime fight in history
I like this fight a lot and the anime is a piece of art about that but it lacks some good emotional impact to be the best fight ever. But I have rarely seen a fight this well animated (maybe never)