General & Others Mind body and spirit/soul

Mind body and spirit/soul are the 3 things that define life

At the same time it doesn’t necessarily mean all 3 are necessary. Kuma lost his mind and is just a body but still able to “live”. Vegapunks original body is dead went his mind is still alive. Then theirs brook and the homies which are just souls inside inanimate objects for the most part

Tho as I’m typing this maybe instead of being a Venn diagram with 3 separate circles it’s just 2. With the body and mind being a circle each and the soul/spirit being in the middle being a part of both idk

All that just to say I think devil fruits and haki follow the same pattern

Haki being an extension of each
  1. Observation being of the mind
  2. Armament being of the body
  3. Conquerors being of the spirit/soul
With it being possible to train your body/armament and mind/observation haki but not your spirit/conquerors because it’s a non physical embodiment of both in a way

Devil fruits in a way also fit the whole mind body and spirit/soul trifecta
  1. Paramecia being powers that enhance the mind. Them being all about dreams and creativity
  2. Zoans being powers that enhances the body. That being pretty self explanatory
  3. Logia potentially being powers that enhances the spirit/soul. Maybe changing your spirit to reflect that natural force

It also applies to the awakenings of those fruits. While yes you need your body and mind to catch up to the powers the powers you get still reflect each
  1. Paramecia awakenings allow you to in a way expand your mind to affect things in your surroundings. Including inanimate objects
  2. Zoan awakenings just gives you access to an overall stronger better transformation enhancing your body further
  3. Logia awakenings although we don’t have any confirmation what it is yet it probably relates to the spirit. If the theory of them being able to make separate living things based on their logia powers similar to big moms homies it’d make sense tho. It basically giving life/soul/spirit or whatever you want to call it to their powers

Maybe that’s why vegapunk struggles with making logia. Because it isn’t something you can physically effect really

I have plenty to say on this subject. I will add to this. Much of this is my own spin on things, but they make sense to me, so I'm sharing it.

These are what I consider Soul abilities rather than Haki abilities.

1. Armament Haki relates to Omnipresence.
2. Observation Haki relates to Omniscience.
3. Conqueror's Haki relates to Omnipotence.

1. Armament Haki relates to Endless Body
2. Observation Haki relates to Endless Mind
3. Conqueror's Haki relates to Endless Spirit.

Endless is a term used in Eastern philosophies.

In general, what you're describing is known as the trichotomy of the soul. Though, that subject is unclear to many people. We may have to get into distinctions between the spirit and the soul if we use traditional reasoning.

On the subject of Devil Fruits, I think it gets more complicated because it involves All Things. The Voice of All Things is what I would call an obvious and necessary ingredient in that recipe.

It's difficult to properly classify each of the Devil Fruits. No single answer has really satisfied anybody about it. The consensus is that the Logia class involves "elements." However, I have had separate thoughts about it in the past.

So you think the classifications are based on the mind, body and spirit? That's interesting 🤔

I would really turn my brain into a pretzel trying to reason out that rubber is a mind ability.

My previous ideas about Devil Fruit classifications included that they were based on properties of three broad categories of matter and energy - physical properties, biological properties, and chemical properties.

The vessel, or body, is just a form of matter that contains a new type of energy and the energy transforms it to give it new properties.

Though... I would argue with Vegapunk saying what happens is an evolution. I would rather say it's a mutation. I think the energy is like a form of radiation lol...

Something interesting to note about what happens to a person when they consume a Devil Fruit is that they gain INNATE knowledge about their abilities. Personally, I consider that innate knowledge to be spiritual knowledge. It came from the energy in the fruit. That is to say, each Devil Fruit user has their mind altered when they eat one.

Last edited:

Mind body and spirit/soul are the 3 things that define life

At the same time it doesn’t necessarily mean all 3 are necessary. Kuma lost his mind and is just a body but still able to “live”. Vegapunks original body is dead went his mind is still alive. Then theirs brook and the homies which are just souls inside inanimate objects for the most part

Tho as I’m typing this maybe instead of being a Venn diagram with 3 separate circles it’s just 2. With the body and mind being a circle each and the soul/spirit being in the middle being a part of both idk

All that just to say I think devil fruits and haki follow the same pattern

Haki being an extension of each
  1. Observation being of the mind
  2. Armament being of the body
  3. Conquerors being of the spirit/soul
With it being possible to train your body/armament and mind/observation haki but not your spirit/conquerors because it’s a non physical embodiment of both in a way

Devil fruits in a way also fit the whole mind body and spirit/soul trifecta
  1. Paramecia being powers that enhance the mind. Them being all about dreams and creativity
  2. Zoans being powers that enhances the body. That being pretty self explanatory
  3. Logia potentially being powers that enhances the spirit/soul. Maybe changing your spirit to reflect that natural force

It also applies to the awakenings of those fruits. While yes you need your body and mind to catch up to the powers the powers you get still reflect each
  1. Paramecia awakenings allow you to in a way expand your mind to affect things in your surroundings. Including inanimate objects
  2. Zoan awakenings just gives you access to an overall stronger better transformation enhancing your body further
  3. Logia awakenings although we don’t have any confirmation what it is yet it probably relates to the spirit. If the theory of them being able to make separate living things based on their logia powers similar to big moms homies it’d make sense tho. It basically giving life/soul/spirit or whatever you want to call it to their powers

Maybe that’s why vegapunk struggles with making logia. Because it isn’t something you can physically effect really
You are so right, no conqueror=no soul.
Talk to them albino