[FNZ] Super Role Madness Pokemon Chose your own starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Simple question - do you find Psychic obvious town, and if not why?

Because I'd prolly bet my left but she's town, and I don't think my read on her is particularly better than yours is. So yeah that's a legitimate grievance of mine, reading or no reading
If you had read my posts, you wouldn't need to ask me this question, because both the first one and the additional one have been thoroughly answered.

I don't find her obvious town, currently. I did, earlier in the game. I had her in my top town reads, this in spite of her arbitrarily scum reading me from the off, which I obviously have concerns around. That is one element that I have to overcome, that you do not. Do you suppose, perhaps, that might lead to some disconnect?

Now what pulled me off that read? Primarily, it was her position on Gad today. She earlier in the day tried to say that Gad was one of her main town grads. I questioned her on that at the time, and the reasoning she gave was passable enough that I was okay with leaving it there. Then later in the day, Flower quoted the vote count and I saw that Psychic had been voting Gad. How odd, I think. That doesn't line up with her previous position at all. Her only defence to this is "I didn't get back in time to change my vote". Is it possible that she votes Gad, and then between then and the end of day, sees enough in him to flip her read around completely? Sure it is. But it's a bit difficult for me to fully buy into, because there is no evidence of this in the thread, and it's fairly typical behaviour from scum to distance themselves from mislynches they were a part of and to point the finger elsewhere over them. You can argue this is level 1 scum behaviour, to which I would say, "sure, but she has been caught as scum for level 1 scum behaviour in the past several times".

So then I start to think a bit more about it. The thought has entered my mind and thus I begin to explore it. I know I have Luka as scum, and I think back to her having him as one of her top town reads too. I posit to myself, can there be something to this? If Luka is scum, could she be scum with him? My answer is "yes it's possible".

That is the extent of my answer. Outside of this, I think she has shown enough to be town. Weighing the two sides up, I come to a slight town read, albeit one that, should I be right on Luka, I would need to rethink again. Because then her behaviour changes from "has a weak read on someone I think is scum" to "has a weak read on scum".

On any given day, do I have a decent bead on Psychic? Maybe. I don't think she's someone I tend to struggle with finding as town. But in this game, with these specific contexts at play? It's enough to pull me back from "she is obvious town". What it ultimately means for her alignment I do not know, but if I'm trending in the wrong direction on her, I will not have it be said it's a lack of thought.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I don't think hindsight hero'ing is really something you can hold against her as scum without demonstrating this is consistent by the way, she's brazenly confident and obnoxious about her own reads which are both town tells for her
It's not hindsight hero'ing. If that's your premise that you're not arguing with the correct information at hand. It's not her saying "I had Gad as town all along and just forgot to say it". It's her being 1 of 6 voters for Gad, and then trying to pass him off as one of her top 3 town reads. The other two being Yoho and Luka. There is nuance to this, and your need to remove it all to characterise it in the most basic terms possible is causing a level of miscommunication.

"But Ratchet, if she's scum, what's her scum motive"

Easy, she would be aware that she was on the wrong side if that wagon and thus wants to distance herself from it. And the best way to do that is to say that you had a change of heart and just couldn't act upon it in time. She is very conscious of herself as scum, so her need to do this without it actually being asked of her could indicate that too. Keyword being "could".

Then I didn’t like his choice to cop Flower with his one shot and him targeting Polar with his negative destructive just feels a bit like tmi and getting ahead of something to me. Besides the fact he back tracked on having a destructive action after I claimed the RC on him
wdym Ultra read Polar
also uhm, to be perfectly clear, you can basically treat me not knowing my roleblock was destructive as a trust tell

wdym Ultra read Polar
also uhm, to be perfectly clear, you can basically treat me not knowing my roleblock was destructive as a trust tell
You said you use the roleblock on Polar right?

I don’t remember him being something you were really pushing. Again, would sooner expect you to block like, Juliet

I'm not reading the game why would I pursue my hero read and roleblock Juliet as opposed to Ultra's top SR whom I TR thats stupid ngl
Most players usually use their actions based on their own read of the game yes

I don’t remember you as vig in the game I spectator being that deferential. I remember you vigging your own scum reads I’m pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.