Apollo

The Sol King
β€Ž
I don't get why some used the "It used to happn in the past" as justification here for a low age of consent/marriage.

The main reason people married younger was because they wanted to survive. Disease, war, famine and so many other things were much deadlier before modern technology and medicine helped fight against those things.

A high infant mortality rate meant if a couple wanted to have kids they needed to try multiple times for children, hence why they also married younger. This is especially true in areas that relied on agriculture as more kids meant more hands to work in the farms for example.

You cannot compare those eras with our modern one. The teenagers of a centure or two centuries ago lived in a completely different reality than a modern-day teenager.

@Logiko @NAMELESS @Crocks @Zenos7 My mother was 16 years old when she was seeing my dad that I believe was around 20 too (I don't know his true age and please don't ask why). Those are the kind of story you want to prevent to exist because you are a bunch of ignorants.
ahhh here it is the reason this fool defends such lunacy. Isn't your dad a wife beater, a criminal or something like that?
Post automatically merged:

So are you saying grown ass men should be allowed to groom minors?

I believe it’s against the site rules

from @Bogard
Finally.

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
We didn't create shit, its Herrera that is retard creep. It seems bro is justyfing this stuff because his mom was a victim of it and he himself is a product of such relationship.
The whole thread switched in response to his post. I'm so shook hugging my Perona body pillow and have my therapist on the phone for moral support. Please send Ts and Ps.

Nice. Now Him, Tejas and Bob are having the most badass political discussion in Udon
The autistic trio.

I don’t agree with Herrera but this isn’t saying anything. Historically marrying at around 16 was well within the norm in all cultures (the numerical data points to even younger ages in some cases). Either way the difference between 16 year olds 100 years ago and 16 year olds today is in their mental capacity and responsibility. Putting the legality aspect aside, it wouldn't really register to have these kids who spend all their time on TikTok frying their attention span in a relationship with someone who’s already way ahead in their life, even if that man is only 4 years their senior. But the very concept of a relationship and what it entails is already massively skewed with feminism so if you adopt that it makes even less sense. Otherwise physiological make up is pretty much the same. Hence why in most non-Western cultures today you’ll see women in their late teens already having a family or in the process of starting one. The girls/boys in the west are behind for a number of reasons. This is beyond the scope of a weeb forum tho, you gotta read up on some data and familiarize yourself with cultural norms/historical norms outside of your own locale to understand.
this guy here was no different