One Piece Chapter 1118 - Be Free

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
This is literally Nothing Happens - the chapter. If it wasn't for this chapter, we could have already set sail from the island. What even is the point of a Nika-like transformation for Bonney, it genuinely feels like an idea Oda came up with on the spot that he wanted to include in the manga. The only thing it does is cause the pacing of the manga to come to a grinding halt. Why do the latter halves of New World arcs always have worse pacing? Is it because the anime catches up to the ongoing arc, which makes Oda come up with new ideas on the spot? I don't know. It doesn't help the art looks terrible as well.

I hope they don't fight the Gorosei for the next couple of chapters because if they do, you already know the battle will be inconclusive. Just get me the fuck off this island.

Oda has lost his damn mind.

Even some of his faces are starting to look like they were done by free AI art generators.

Decades of waiting for the revelation of the One Piece and it might really turn out to be the friends we made along the way because now lOda feels like subverting expectations. Like FML.
:nikalaugh:
SHIHAHAHAHA
He knows he's writing mid, he predicted that people would turn on him but Goofy fans have to deflect to someone else and pretend that they aren't butthurt over Bonney being Nika's equal.
The same goofs that couldn't stomach Zoro being a conqueror because it would make Luffy less special! :kobeha:

After this chapter, i am 100% convinced that Boney will not join the crew - because she is simply too strong - her basically unlimited potential is one thing, but the fact that from now on we would have Nika times two is just too much.

:goyea::shocked::milaugh::josad:

Clownika Piece is real. :lawsigh:

:gokulaugh:
Two Clownpiece is more like it. Now its double the drums, double the laughter, and double the awful old man/woman transformation gags.

I know I already posted this but...

If the author's aim is to make a story that's only entertaining for himself and no one else with the intent to piss off your readers, then that just sounds like an admission that he knows his writing is getting worse but is too scared to admit it so he's going to try and pass it off as "I'm only pretending to be terrible to make people mad". Like hyping up so much of Vegapunk's banter and the "Mo-" in the last chapter despite that it has no meaning to anyone that doesn't live inside your head.

Also Bonney's power is so damn broken now. What's to stop her from simply saying "Give me a Mihawk-ish/Shanks-ish future!" or even an omnipotent future?
:whitepress:

Two Clownpiece is more like it. Now its double the drums, double the laughter, and double the awful old man/woman transformation gags.

I know I already posted this but...

If the author's aim is to make a story that's only entertaining for himself and no one else with the intent to piss off your readers, then that just sounds like an admission that he knows his writing is getting worse but is too scared to admit it so he's going to try and pass it off as "I'm only pretending to be terrible to make people mad". Like hyping up so much of Vegapunk's banter and the "Mo-" in the last chapter despite that it has no meaning to anyone that doesn't live inside your head.
Lolda is becoming the Elon Musk of manga. :whitepress:

Oda has lost his damn mind.

Even some of his faces are starting to look like they were done by free AI art generators.

Decades of waiting for the revelation of the One Piece and it might really turn out to be the friends we made along the way because now lOda feels like subverting expectations. Like FML.
:nikalaugh:
SHIHAHAHAHA
And then people say, "yeah he had all of this planned from the start, bla bla," yeah, no way lol. He's just freestyling this shit at this point.