Controversial What the hell happened to the art in the manga? (Chapter 1118 and beyond)

The current art feels like it could be from a completely different manga. The art has been at its absolute lowest ever since the latter half of the Wano arc. The linework is awful, it's hard to make out characters and their actions. The lightning-fast pacing of the current manga made full-double spreads become a rarity. There's less emphasis on important moments. Instead, they are tucked away in tiny panels for a single page. Don't give me the "but Oda has health issues" crap. Oda should stop using manga as a means to convey his story if drawing takes too much of an effort for him. Although that's pretty much what he's doing already - he puts more emphasis on written speech than the art.

Yeah the second image looks way better, but the first image isn't even that bad.

I swear some people here, really want everything to be super perfect.

Oda's age and health problems caught up with him.

As big and ambitious as OP is, Oda shot himself in the foot by prolonging it to 20+ years and never letting his assistants help him with drawing anything more than backgrounds, never outsourcing his coloring (which does take time), never stop from taking on more OP projects than his health can handle.

The art and paneling is only going to get worse from here on out. Fights will be shorter and lazier but peanut gallery reactions will be more plentiful cuz apparently that's what matters more than SH portrayal.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
The unfinished art unironically looks better than some of his finished chapters. Idk why you tagged me together with Logiko, a user that I have nothing in common with.
Hara’s art looks so much cleaner, more intricately detailed, infinitely more nuanced than Oda’s low effort scribbles. Hara also releases 16+ page chapters and takes half the breaks that Oda does.

Comparing Oda’s art to Hara’s is like comparing McDonald’s to world class gourmet lol

Hara’s art looks so much cleaner, more intricately detailed, infinitely more nuanced than Oda’s low effort scribbles. Hara also releases 16+ page chapters and takes half the breaks that Oda does.

Comparing Oda’s art to Hara’s is like comparing McDonald’s to world class gourmet lol
Then why would you compare McDonald’s to world class gourmet?:kaidowhat: Nobody was even talking about Kingdom🙃

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
All I said is go back to the kingdom section where you belong. You alone interpreted this as an underhanded dig. Classic powerscaler.
I didn’t interpret anything as a dig lmfao. I knew you weren’t digging me or Kingdom. It was when Logiko stated that even a single One Piss panel was better than even a single Berserk panel that I lost it lol.

So of course I had to show yall what a real 49 year old mangaka is capable of artistically, as opposed to Oda

I didn’t interpret anything as a dig lmfao. I knew you weren’t digging me or Kingdom. It was when Logiko stated that even a single One Piss panel was better than even a single Berserk panel that I lost it lol.

So of course I had to show yall what a real 49 year old mangaka is capable of artistically, as opposed to Oda
I know better than anyone what Kingdom's art looks like, there is nothing to prove. The fact that you felt the need to insert your kingdomtard supremacy into the conversation is kinda telling tho.