Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
an orthodontist i went to the other day thought i was a high school freshman i’ll be ok
In all seriousness it's true. In the past few weeks I had the same reaction to 2 Taiwanese singers , thinking "there's no way they are that old". And male singers so no makeup that could conceal age. In my next life I want Asian aging DNA.

Who said that? Twitter? Well, is that news that minority is creating feeling that they are majority at twitter?
I saw few rankings of characters in OPLA, and Nami is alwats ranked as good.
Yes, she wasn't great like Coby, like Hellmeppo and Buggy with Kuro, but she was good enough.
Coby and Hellmepo killed this roles. They was just better then original, but in same time they was still same characters.
Mihawk, Buggy and Kuro - they was perfect.
Emily was good, but she wasn't same good as best actors in OP LA.

The dude they got for Dalton looks like a beast already. Great choice!

And I hope Vivi is as dark skinned as possible just so morons can cry about it online
I just honestly can't figure out what's wrong with a potential Vivi actress. She has noble but innocent features. A truly royal appearance.
Post automatically merged:

Who said that? Twitter? Well, is that news that minority is creating feeling that they are majority at twitter?
I saw few rankings of characters in OPLA, and Nami is alwats ranked as good.
Yes, she wasn't great like Coby, like Hellmeppo and Buggy with Kuro, but she was good enough.
Coby and Hellmepo killed this roles. They was just better then original, but in same time they was still same characters.
Mihawk, Buggy and Kuro - they was perfect.
Emily was good, but she wasn't same good as best actors in OP LA.
Emily was good. The problem is that the writers changed her character. There was NOTHING she could do. But I'm not talking about acting or even a role right now. It's just about discussing appearance at the handsome/ugly level

I just honestly can't figure out what's wrong with a potential Vivi actress. She has noble but innocent features. A truly royal appearance.
Vivi was Miss Wendesday at the begining. She wasn't planned as Arabasta princess. King Cobra was dark skinned man, so Vivi should be egyptian, especially from her name Nefertari. Nefertiti was famous woman in Egypt and she was really beautiful, litteraly one of the most beautiful woman in history.

If racist believe that Vivi should be white, I can only feel sorry for them.

The Japanese fandom is unhappy with the choice of Tashigi's actress...
Well, even when she resemble a bit young Kuina, I don't think that she look like japanese actress

Vivi was Miss Wendesday at the begining. She wasn't planned as Arabasta princess. King Cobra was dark skinned man, so Vivi should be egyptian, especially from her name Nefertari. Nefertiti was famous woman in Egypt and she was really beautiful, litteraly one of the most beautiful woman in history.

If racist believe that Vivi should be white, I can only feel sorry for them.

Well, even when she resemble a bit young Kuina, I don't think that she look like japanese actress
The funny thing is that many Japanese write "she's not Asian!" They don't even recognize her as Asian 🥲

Emily was good. The problem is that the writers changed her character. There was NOTHING she could do. But I'm not talking about acting or even a role right now. It's just about discussing appearance at the handsome/ugly level
To be honest I'm not really big Nami fan, but for me LA Nami makes more sence then original. Let me explane:
1. Original Nami was always showing her emotions, was smiling and reacting with anger;
2. When flashback in Arlongpark happened Oda,by Nojiko said that Nami never laughed, she didn't have any friends and etc. This statement made zero sence in manga, but case it was just begining of the story, I said OK.
Now LA Nami:
1. Actually play emotionless person, and that's why when she laughed at the end of 4 episode, this moment was really special;
2. Unlike original Nami she didn't betray Luffy, she even decided to watch how Zoro fight against Mihawk, when original didn't care at all.
3. LA Nami started to show more emotions step by step, which suit her due story.

Soooo in the end, I feel that only people who hate LA Nami are same people who hate Garp line, Kuro line and etc.

To be honest I'm not really big Nami fan, but for me LA Nami makes more sence then original. Let me explane:
1. Original Nami was always showing her emotions, was smiling and reacting with anger;
2. When flashback in Arlongpark happened Oda,by Nojiko said that Nami never laughed, she didn't have any friends and etc. This statement made zero sence in manga, but case it was just begining of the story, I said OK.
Now LA Nami:
1. Actually play emotionless person, and that's why when she laughed at the end of 4 episode, this moment was really special;
2. Unlike original Nami she didn't betray Luffy, she even decided to watch how Zoro fight against Mihawk, when original didn't care at all.
3. LA Nami started to show more emotions step by step, which suit her due story.

Soooo in the end, I feel that only people who hate LA Nami are same people who hate Garp line, Kuro line and etc.
We all have different preferences, but the fact is that this is kinda a different character.

I have a situation with one dorama where I liked a character that I hate in the original manga (I hate him more than anyone in the world lol). But I am aware that in the dorama he is literally a different character. Nami is smart, but she often so silly. Like it or not, this is her.

The funny thing is that many Japanese write "she's not Asian!" They don't even recognize her as Asian 🥲
Because she is not Asian. I mean how Zoro could recognize in her Kuina, when she is not even asian? If Netflix wants to make us dumb, that will be a bad move. If this actress is half asian then maybe she coild work, but...

Ok I googled info about her, Julia is half asian. Which is fine.

We all have different preferences, but the fact is that this is kinda a different character.

I have a situation with one dorama where I liked a character that I hate in the original manga (I hate him more than anyone in the world lol). But I am aware that in the dorama he is literally a different character. Nami is smart, but she often so silly. Like it or not, this is her.
Overall, even haters agree that LA Nami is fine. Not best one, but decent. And if next season Nami will be manga Nami I think fans will accept her.