Powers & Abilities What character in One Piece is completely underusing their abilities? I think it’s Kidd.

Also Shu's rust devil fruit who destroyed Zoro's sword at Enies Lobby and nearly defeated him, only to be snipped by Usopp and not appear again.

With his devil fruit he could be allowed to neutralize whole armies of Oda used him and his power to their full potential.

Mochi fruit is only strong because Oda initially created it as a logia and then retconned it as a paramecia

In terms of how it’s used, Oda does the same thing he does with Luffy.

Kata: make big mochi fist
Kid: make big metal fist
Luffy: make big rubber fist
Katakuri using it as an acceletator for his attacks

Katakuri using it as a projectile

Katakuri using it as a weapon

Using it to increase his speed

The versatility he has with it makes Kid's look like a joke.

Imo bringing real world science into it could turn almost every ability into a world ender.
We have to look at it within the confines of the OP world and how creative/strong DF powers can get

Expecting nuclear explosions from Buggy for example is a bit of a stretch, but saying, for example, he can split up other people with his awakening would be more in line with the OP world
I always had in my mind that Buggy will face off Blackbeard and will be able to split his hands off and cause serious damage to him.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
Mochi fruit is only strong because Oda initially created it as a logia and then retconned it as a paramecia

In terms of how it’s used, Oda does the same thing he does with Luffy.

Kata: make big mochi fist
Kid: make big metal fist
Luffy: make big rubber fist
but also Katakuri is/was probably the most versatile with his DF outside of Luffy and how easy he was to adapt and replicate Luffys own attacks "kats big mochi fist" was simply showing superiority to Luffy in DF attributes.

kata used mochi on a level that was unheard of, speed, strength, weaponized and using alongside weapons as well.

whatever Luffy couldve done at the time katakuri was able to replicate with ease plus his own arsenal which we saw was already a lot to begin with.

plus you add in his proficiency with FS and that further enhances the utilization and speed of his ability to react and dodge attacks.

but also Katakuri is/was probably the most versatile with his DF outside of Luffy and how easy he was to adapt and replicate Luffys own attacks "kats big mochi fist" was simply showing superiority to Luffy in DF attributes.

kata used mochi on a level that was unheard of, speed, strength, weaponized and using alongside weapons as well.

whatever Luffy couldve done at the time katakuri was able to replicate with ease plus his own arsenal which we saw was already a lot to begin with.

plus you add in his proficiency with FS and that further enhances the utilization and speed of his ability to react and dodge attacks.
Though Oda could have given the same versatility to other characters with their devil fruits. Kidd is one example of this, amongst many others, given the many powers and potential applications of magnetism but Oda clearly underdelivered with it. It's far from the level of power and versatility Magneto has gone through with his magnetic powers.

Which sums up how much Kidd's potential got wasted. We could have seen so many cool things. I remember how I speculated with Shuyaku (a former user in WG) about Kidd's potential feats... only to be disappointed af later on lol.
I don't get it really. It's not like this is Kid in his early blues days, this is supposed to be Kid nearing the peak of his DF powers.

I never though I would be disappointed with the power of magnetism. One Piece taught me I was wrong

I don't get it really. It's not like this is Kid in his early blues days, this is supposed to be Kid nearing the peak of his DF powers.

I never though I would be disappointed with the power of magnetism. One Piece taught me I was wrong
One Piece also made us disappointed with the powers of gravity and soul. Let's take a moment to think about it and the other amazing powers that were wasted in it.

I never thought I would be disappointed with the power of magnetism. One Piece taught me I was wrong
in all fairness kid as a character also lacked the imagination to use his fruit differently. Devil fruits just seem limited by the users imaginations, and kid could only think about making bigger mechs and robots. He didn’t have what law and Luffy did to really make his fruit power beyond simply attracting and shaping scrap and assigning magnetic fields.

in all fairness kid as a character also lacked the imagination to use his fruit differently. Devil fruits just seem limited by the users imaginations, and kid could only think about making bigger mechs and robots. He didn’t have what law and Luffy did to really make his fruit power beyond simply attracting and shaping scrap and assigning magnetic fields.
We’ve never given the indication that Kid is lacking imagination and it’s kinda ridiculous a guy this deep into the new world isn’t using his DF to its full potential.

in fact we’re shown the opposite when he said the Yonko aren’t unbeatable. He clearly is a guy with an open mind

We’ve never given the indication that Kid is lacking imagination and it’s kinda ridiculous a guy this deep into the new world isn’t using his DF to its full potential.

in fact we’re shown the opposite when he said the Yonko aren’t unbeatable. He clearly is a guy with an open mind
That’s simple minded bash your head against a whale enough and the wall will break thinking. Kids entire character was that hr would look before leaping shoot first ask questions later. And his df use matched that. There wasn’t any strategy just get bigger and stronger. It’s not like Law who’s understanding of the human body, and medical process allowed him to create unique and insane abilities with his fruit. Even allowing it to mimic another fruit in Corazons.

The use of Fujitora's gravity df, the Zushi Zushi no mi has been disappointing as well with Fujitora clearly being far from using the power of gravity to its full potential and versatility, with his use being often limited to increase of gravity or use of meteors and projectiles in rather straightforward trajectories.
And that's not counting the comical ease with which his meteors are countered or avoided by his foes.

The use of Fujitora's gravity df, the Zushi Zushi no mi has been disappointing as well with Fujitora clearly being far from using the power of gravity to its full potential and versatility, with his use being often limited to increase of gravity or use of meteors and projectiles in rather straightforward trajectories.
And that's not counting the comical ease with which his meteors are countered or avoided by his foes.
Tbh that’s probably because Oda can’t let it use any of the yamis abilities

That’s simple minded bash your head against a whale enough and the wall will break thinking. Kids entire character was that hr would look before leaping shoot first ask questions later. And his df use matched that. There wasn’t any strategy just get bigger and stronger. It’s not like Law who’s understanding of the human body, and medical process allowed him to create unique and insane abilities with his fruit. Even allowing it to mimic another fruit in Corazons.
That’s literally Luffy’s character and he’s very imaginative with his DF.