Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece - Chapter 985
Title: New Onigashima

CHAPTER IS OUT

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community
Need higher quality, can't even read what Kanjuro's saying in the double page spread since the text is blurry.

Did Franky act like a Crewmate when we saw him? Did chopper? Did Usopp? What about the rest? Get out of here with that fucked of "reasoning".
Post automatically merged:

Get your fucking eyes checked.

The only thing similar is the face structure but most other females do so wtf is the issue.
yes chopper and ussop did act like crew mates except franky who we didn’t know who he was now we know who yamato is she’s kaidos daughter

don’t cry like a baby because the character you like is a clone and crappy rip off

Remember that the SSG are just the group of scientists that Vegapunk seems be in control of. Its whatever they created that are the shichibukai replacements (improved Pacifista, etc). It could actually be the scientists though (maybe in modification with the weapons), there was no indication really yet.
Yep, i know. SSG is just the name of Vegapunks squad.

SSG - Scientific Swordsman Gintoki.

Solved. EZ.
I know you are joking but you guys know the acronym was already named in 957 right? Special Science Group. Its definitely the group Vegapunk commands.

As much as I don’t care for Carrot, she’s be a far better Straw Hat than Yamato
I get what you mean but I feel like its unfair to make the comparison yet. We have only seen Yamato for literally 2 chapters, compared to 150 Carrot has.

still an apology about the translation folks. it was the best i could find (and legit the only one lmao)
Do we know why readjump is delayed?

I don't read this at all, but what if Vegapunk is the leader of Sword?

And now Smoker + Tashigi are with them too since they brought the children too him, and he's now convinced that they're good trustworthy people.

That's why i totally believe that Sentomaru, Smoker and Tashigi are coming to Wano.

It's far better than this obvious theory of Vegapunk being a member of the RVA. He went out of his way to grant Kuma his final wish, seems like a decent person.

Drake also knew more about the Pacifista than your common Navy soldier.

What a chapter! First "mind-blowing" one in quite a while (despite some issues, I'll get to that later).

God, did I love to finally see some real brutality and death in this series! Way to go, Oda! I swear he was watching the movie "300", when he drew that whole Kaido-Orochi sequence.

This time I'm actually quite confident a character really stays dead. There's no way Oda can backtrack on that (he literally beheaded Orochi, with nobody there to help Orochi, and we also saw the blood + head).

edit: Well, completely forgot about Orochi's mythical hydra DF ... sigh.

Two things though:

1) Luffy promises Yamato to take off her handcuffs, which are revealed to be the same that Luffy & Co. wore in Udon. Why on earth doesn't he do it on the spot? He has learned advanced CoA now and he could already take off the exact same collars in Udon (from himself and grampy Hyogoro). That is some PIS right there ...

2) Speaking of Yamato, I really like her personality ... but why oh why did you have to give her a carbon-copy of Nami's face, Oda? Come on man, it's not that hard to draw unique female characters.

3) This English translation was a travesty. Who on earth translated that chapter, a potato?
1. I think (just based on the spoiler text, I havent read the chapter because I'm waiting) he was about to but then Kaido's announcement started. Then they fell through the ceiling. Typical Oda shenanigans, gotta wait for the right time for him to break the cuffs. Probably at a badass moment where he tells Kaido Yamato will be her own person and he can fuck off.

2. I agree here, but let's wait for moments where she fights, is sad, serious etc because she only really has like 8 face panels and 3 of them are generic angry panels Oda gives pretty girls.

3. Still waiting for the readjump scans myself....

1. I think (just based on the spoiler text, I havent read the chapter because I'm waiting) he was about to but then Kaido's announcement started. Then they fell through the ceiling. Typical Oda shenanigans, gotta wait for the right time for him to break the cuffs. Probably at a badass moment where he tells Kaido Yamato will be her own person and he can fuck off.

2. I agree here, but let's wait for moments where she fights, is sad, serious etc because she only really has like 8 face panels and 3 of them are generic angry panels Oda gives pretty girls.

3. Still waiting for the readjump scans myself....
yup scantard just dont give a shit anymore.
I feel like this is one of those "in the moment" chapter like yasu execution aka the best chapter in act 2

where the fuck was sanji when nami got captured? there isn’t many places left he’s with x drake and hawkins he could be at the stage using his invisibility
Tobi Roppo that havent been seen in awhile are Who's Who and X Drake potentially Sanji could run into one of those guys, but given that Kaido speech was broadcast all over Onigashima so everyone could hear. Its likely setting up all the characters to meet up at Momo's location in stylish fashion.

was Nami and Carrot Captured or what ? :kriwhat:
is it really gonna keep continuing like this ? First Creeponosuke Captured, then Nami and carrot and Zeus... then Whole alliance ?:kriwhat:
It didn't look like they were captured. It just looks like BM caught Zeus and it caused an explosion. After this BM didn't really care about Nami/Carrot. Plus, Shinobu is entirely just MIA from the scene. They are still wearing Beasts Pirate clothing so I'm sure they can easily blend in the chaos.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Really really great chapter from my point of view. Easy a 5/5!

this chapter got me interested and catched me by my feels. Not tragic or stuff, but I feel really pumped to go forward! Kaidos speech pumped me up, his clear acting, he showed what he means with a lawless country. The stronger decides, the weaker listen or die. It really catched me.

also kiku. Honestly, god damn what an epic page! Looked epic and her speech, alone that gave me goosebumbs. Really really great!

So for next chapter, I really think (maybe in 2 chapter) kaido is going to count in direction 0, so all people there have to decide. While much people are pretty sure what to do, some will have doubts and will be scared, specially cause they still love wano. And when kaido goes to 1, or even 0, at the other side of the room, at the same height then kaido (big mum a bit deeper like now), will be Luffy. He will shout to kaido:
„I am going to be the pirate king. And I will take the one piece by myself. If you are going to be in my way, then I will take you down both!“

the whole room will shatter and luffy, without actively announcing it, gives these Samurai etc a real option to choose. Maybe from
Their view or even our view a stupid option, but at least an option.

Disagree. When Whitebeard and his crew entered the plaza, he told them " Let's rescue Ace AND destroy the Navy"

I don't really know if there's any other way to take that statement. It may have started with a rescue mission, but the goal of Whitebeard was to sink MF into the ocean.

Just look at the casualties of both sides and you'll get an idea of how one-sided that war really was
Whitebeard at MF:

Had no CoO
Had no CoC
Had weaker CoA
Had stamina issues due to his illness
Got impaled by a large sword before
And had occasional heart attacks

And yet he was still doing better than Akainu until the heart attack

ALMOST NOONE KNOWS ABOUT IMU
SO TRUE POWER OF WG IS STILL UNKNOWN
Ah yes imu the featless, truly a force to be reckoned with. Until further notice let’s not jump to conclusions about his/her powerlevel. I have him/her at political ruler and not fighter for now. Until I actually see something. They might have a weird power tho.
And come now, I’m like 80% sure yonko know about im.
I think rocks knew about Im and kaido and bm were in his crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.