Powers & Abilities What character in One Piece is completely underusing their abilities? I think it’s Kidd.

From what he said, that’s the natural ability of a brachiosaurus, meaning anyone with that fruit can do it.

Awakening is a DF’s peak. Luffy even said that in regards to G5.
Do you still not get my point? Oda is comfortable giving characters creative ways to use their DFs. Kid’s in the other hand is so unimaginative

Do you still not get my point? Oda is comfortable giving characters creative ways to use their DFs. Kid’s in the other hand is so unimaginative
I genuinely think people just have a hate boner over the character where they go out of their way to nitpick little things to slander over.

“Kid is uncreative because all he does is throw metal”

But that’s literally what his fruit allows him to do. Idk what magneto does in the comics but when I look at clips from him in the movies, his usage of magnetism legit seems less inventive than with Kid.

he’s just overpowered because he lives in a world where magnetism can’t just be negated or undermined by haki.

He legit just throws scrap where at least Kid creates structures out of scrap he can use in battle.

I get Kid being underwhelming. But he legit uses his powers the same way as every other brawler.

Luffy creating big punch = genius
Kid creating big punch = bum ass n-word

I genuinely think people just have a hate boner over the character where they go out of their way to nitpick little things to slander over.

“Kid is uncreative because all he does is throw metal”

But that’s literally what his fruit allows him to do. Idk what magneto does in the comics but when I look at clips from him in the movies, his usage of magnetism legit seems less inventive than with Kid.

he’s just overpowered because he lives in a world where magnetism can’t just be negated or undermined by haki.

He legit just throws scrap where at least Kid creates structures out of scrap he can use in battle.

I get Kid being underwhelming. But he legit uses his powers the same way as every other brawler.

Luffy creating big punch = genius
Kid creating big punch = bum ass n-word
Do you have a hard time reading? This entire time I put the blame solely on Oda, the creator for being a lame magnetism writer. If you want to fight Kid haters go pick on somebody else. Also Luffy literally was 100x more creative with the gears. He made rubber expand by blowing air into, he made his body faster by expanding and contracting his blood cells. He was able to cast fire thanks to frictions. That is creative af

Man Magneto is 100x better in both movies and comics. You’re on some copium

Do This entire time I put the blame solely on Oda, the creator for being a lame magnetism writer.
He isn’t. Kid being underwhelming has nothing to do with Oda’s decision to have him use magnetism to create mechs.

He’s underwhelming because
  1. The main power system of post skip is haki, not DFs, and Kid’s haki is almost never highlighted.
  2. We only ever see Kid fight alongside stronger supernova or get destroyed by top tiers. We never get to see him have legitimate wins against non fodders
  3. Kid was introduced as Luffy’s rival but never measured up
Pre skip Kid is basically magneto. Had Oda introduced him as a shichibukai, made him an arc villain, I doubt people would have nearly as much problems with the character

He isn’t. Kid being underwhelming has nothing to do with Oda’s decision to have him use magnetism to create mechs.

He’s underwhelming because
  1. The main power system of post skip is haki, not DFs, and Kid’s haki is almost never highlighted.
  2. We only ever see Kid fight alongside stronger supernova or get destroyed by top tiers. We never get to see him have legitimate wins against non fodders
  3. Kid was introduced as Luffy’s rival but never measured up
Pre skip Kid is basically magneto. Had Oda introduced him as a shichibukai, made him an arc villain, I doubt people would have nearly as much problems with the character
Luffy, Katakuri, Doffy etc have shown you can easily be an impressive DF fighter with basic haki. You say Luffy and Katakuri are just “strong punches” but I’ve clearly demonstrated that’s not the case. Luffy enhances his fighting style by stretching the imagination of what rubber can and can’t do

Monkey D. Luffy. He is a GOD that can turn his imagination to reality but has limited himself by subconsciously imprinting that he ate a rubber fruit and hence is JUST a rubber man.

Monkey D. Luffy. He is a GOD that can turn his imagination to reality but has limited himself by subconsciously imprinting that he ate a rubber fruit and hence is JUST a rubber man.
That’s nonsense

Nika is a god with rubber powers
Post automatically merged:

Luffy, Katakuri, Doffy etc have shown you can easily be an impressive DF fighter with basic haki.
Kid would look impressive too if he got a fraction of the focus those characters got.

It has nothing to do with his powers and everything to do with the writing.

Imagine if Doffy barely got any focus and what little screen time he gets showcases him getting crushed by top tiers or overshadowed by stronger shichibukai.

Last edited:
Not possibly Kid.
If you're awakened, it means you've mastered your ability and using it to the peaks of its powers.
Can't state someone is not utilising their abilities if they're Awakened since Awakening means you've mastered the ability.

Could say Oda doesn't use Kid's power in a way you like, but he is the one who defines what the limitations of Kid's abilities are, and given that he has Kid awakened, he's not underutilising it.

The best you can really say is Oda's not creative enough, not that Kid is under-utilising his ability.

The best you can really say is Oda's not creative enough, not that Kid is under-utilising his ability.
I don’t even think you can say that

if Oda wanted Kid to be stronger then he would be

Oda prefers to keep him as a tertiary side character instead.

I think it’s kinda ridiculous to say Oda isn’t being creative because Kid isn’t magneto. If Oda literally ripped magneto into one piece that would be the antithesis of creativity lmao.

kid is oda’s take on a magnet man. Tbh he’s quite original.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
Definitively Big Mom, but then again Oda wasted and held her back in every area, as well as Kaido who should have been awakened. Same for the Calamities.
the difference for Kaido is he was a haki master and didn’t rely on his df abilities. him not using awakening even though he explained it to Luffy is acceptable.