General & Others Zoro s confirmed to be the deuteragonist.

honestly don't even know what you guys' problem with this even is.
Butthurt mofos who dont have anything going on in their lives
Post automatically merged:

Wrong, because the author said he is. So every sentence after this was a complete waste of time.
Just erkan things

You know there is seriously something wrong with few people when they started questioning author statements and refuse to believe it.
Agenda > canon i guess.

Cant even imagine having this level of irrational hatred for a fictional character

Dude is lost

Last edited:
You can have Oda in a video saying Zoro is the deuteragonist, and people will still find a way to say Oda is wrong or even try to twist his words.
That would not change anything.

Once again :

The reality of a story ALWAYS prevails on the words of the authors on said story

You guys REALLY need to understand this golden rule, because if you don't, reading the story to analyse it will be rendered valueless. If Oda adds things that are NOT in the story, listen to him. But if Oda rewrite thing that are already in the story OUTSIDE of the story (which never happened in my memory), do NOT listen to him.

Always trust the story first.

For the wannabee haters of worstgen maybe. But Luffy is the hearth of the story. Its through him that the big moments are shining.

The testosterone niche of Worstgen is not representative of the overall fanbase.

One Piece would lose in quality without the presence of Zoro, but One Piece would not be possible and be popular without Luffy.
Thats just you

27 years too late. He's been confirmed as the deuteragonist since Chapter 2 :kaidowhat:
Nope
Oda and shueisha didn't even place him wsj cover about MC and deuterogonist

You can have Oda in a video saying Zoro is the deuteragonist, and people will still find a way to say Oda is wrong or even try to twist his words.
Except Oda didn't say this
There's no statement of Oda saying Zoro is deuterogonist

Welp, you don't have to believe mate.
I don't believe you; your takes have been nothing but tears and shit so far lol.

In this case, yes.
Also don't forget one thing: Theorizing is NOT the same thing as analysing the story.
I have theorized a few thing a few times (Carrot's future for example). But when I'm analysing the story, this is not a matter of hypothesis but narrative datas.
Usually, when I'm saying something about the narration of One Piece, I'm correct (if not all the time).
You don't have to listen, but I suggest you consider what I have to say. Especially in this matter here since this is not even about One Piece but about a VERY BASIC RULE of contemporary storytelling.
LMAO, listen, I would get if Paperchampion started to get arrogant by all his W takes but you? When have you been completely right about One Piece related topics? You yap about some complete nonsense - I still remember when you vehemently tried to defend how G5 was implemented into the story - and your most popular debates about a bunny girl only ended in a huge L.
Theorists essentially have to analyse the story as well, especially when it comes to predicting future story elements. So yes, they also have to analyse the narrative as well.
You lot throw words like "narrative telling", "narrative purpose" but tell me one thing why the narrative doesn't portray Zoro to be the deuteragonist. Your idea of a deuteragonist is definitely different to Oda's, so it's irrelevant how much you wanna cope about it.
Guess what, this time, it's another L because it's clear you've been misinterpreting the story the entire time if you believe Zoro isn't a deuteragonist, even after Oda's statement.
Yeah, basic rule of storytelling... The difficulty is that each story follows their own kind of storytelling and it has its own narrative. You have both Genos and Sasuke as deuteragonists.

Never said that. You are inventing stuff honey.
Sure:

No need. This is just narrative logic. No matter what I or Oda thinks :)
Also, correction: No matter what YOU think.
What Oda thinks, however, truly matters as his words are the prime source when it comes to Zoro being a deuteragonist. Cry.

That's not wrong. But you also have to take into consideration the fact that the opposition I face (you for example) is also the ignorant clichee of biased fan who think they can analyse a story without understanding basic principle suich as the fact that the word used to describe Zoro is literally taken from a specific type of greek drama that has absolutely no contemporary equivalence..
You're just spouting some fancy words again.
Nothing makes me ignorant nor a biased fan when citing Oda who wrote Zoro as the deuteragonist. I don't even understand why you're triggered this much. But let me explain Zoro's position in the story.
1.) Zoro was the first member who joined Luffy.
2.) Both Zoro and Luffy received comparable portrayal throughout the story and the bond between him and Luffy is very special, maybe even more than the other strawhats.
3.) Zoro is the inofficial Vice Captain of this crew and he strengthened his position when he sacrificed himself to rescue his Captain. The "Nothing happened" moment was crucial because it was that point when Zoro truly put Luffy's dream/his goal above his own.
4.) Rayleigh is essentially the Zoro to Roger which solidifies Zoro's stance in the crew even further.
5.) Zoro is the only strawhat member who is also a supernova in comparison to Luffy.
6.) He always takes out the Nr. 2.

F

Foul Legacy

That would not change anything.

Once again :

The reality of a story ALWAYS prevails on the words of the authors on said story

You guys REALLY need to understand this golden rule, because if you don't, reading the story to analyse it will be rendered valueless. If Oda adds things that are NOT in the story, listen to him. But if Oda rewrite thing that are already in the story OUTSIDE of the story (which never happened in my memory), do NOT listen to him.

Always trust the story first.
Bro is asking us to put Headcanon over Canon words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro is asking us to put Headcanon over Canon words.
"L"ogiko brings up the argument that Zoro can't be the deuteragonist since he isn't acting as a pivot who progresses and influences the entire story.

So what does this self-proclaimed "expert" do? Bringing up Blackbeard who is an ANTAGONIST... Ofc BB influences the story of which Zoro was never intented to, lol. He is the one who is supposed to wreck the protagonist's world.

Last edited:
F

Foul Legacy

"L"ogiko brings up the argument that Zoro can't be the deuteragonist since he isn't acting as a pivot who progresses and influences the entire story.

So what does this self-proclaimed "expert" do? Bringing up Blackbeard who is an ANTAGONIST... Ofc BB influences the story of which Zoro was never intented to, lol.
It's obvious enough Oda is Restricting zori unlike other Deuteragonist.
Like look at what happened to Gojo , Levi , Killua.
Oda cannot let zori pass Luffy in one piece.
He changed things accordingly.

So what does this self-proclaimed "expert" do? Bringing up Blackbeard who is an ANTAGONIST... Ofc BB influences the story of which Zoro was never intented to, lol.
How does zoro influence the story more than Law ?
Has he even made the story progress as much as Law did?

Last edited:
How does zoro influence the story more than Law ?
Has he even made the story progress as Law did?
A deuteragonist needs to influence the story significantly? Did I miss something? Law is one of the more important side characters but he isn't replacing a strawhat, let alone Zoro.

Does Genos influence the story in anyway?
Does Sherlock's sidekick have huge influence over it as well?
Isn't Thorfinn's best buddy the deuteragonist, too? Does he heavily influence the story?

Last edited: