Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakashi was done so dirty in Naruto, Kishi could have gotten so much more writing out of him if he tried, could be generational
Wym? Kakashi got the most respect with his redemption of Obito, beating Obito in boxland + genjutsu cancel, fighting alongside his sensei Minato (showed equal reflexes and equal portrayal), Madara called his eye a "good eye" while he called Bijuu his pets, his Perfect Susano'o is the most busted with Kamui Shuriken, saved himself and Sakura from Kaguya's dimension warp with quick thinking, and Hagoromo called his tactics godly.

Kakashi was anything BUT done dirty.

I think featwise he was more than okay.
1.) Beat Obito in a cqc fight.
2.) Managed to hold his own against several Jinchuriki, then Obito, then Madara, then helped fighting off Juubi
3.) His Perfekt Susanoo is the most busted version of all Susanoos.
I don't really care much about the power scaling aspect, I just think there was a lot he could have explored with him, even before the final arc, he arguably went through more heinous shit than 99% of the other characters but came out so much different than your sasuke and naruto archtypes

Kinda big shame
Post automatically merged:

Wym? Kakashi got the most respect with his redemption of Obito, beating Obito in boxland + genjutsu cancel, fighting alongside his sensei Minato (equal reflexes), Madara called his eye a "good eye" while he called Bijuu his pets, his Perfect Susano'o is the most busted with Kamui Shuriken, and Hagoromo called his tactics godly.

Kakashi was anything BUT done dirty.
Like I say its not a powerscaling issue
On that front is fine, altho I wished we would see him more with Zabuzas sword a little bit

I think featwise he was more than okay.
1.) Beat Obito in a cqc fight.
2.) Managed to hold his own against several Jinchuriki, then Obito, then Madara, then helped fighting off Juubi
3.) His Perfekt Susanoo is the most busted version of all Susanoos.
Obito wasnt trying tho :quest:

Kaido didn’t get defeated by having his dragon fruit removed. However, since these guys have immortality or limitless regen, they’ll somehow get that removed when they’re defeated or the weakness to it will be revealed and it’ll be pointless in their final fights.
Ofcourse in their final fight they have to regen away. They would be unbeatable.

It's actually astounding how badly Oda writes himself into a corner each time. He has a perfectly fine setup for an arc. Straw Hats are finally meeting Vegapunk, and Kizaru and Saturn are on their way to create conflict because Vegapunk wanted to continue Clover's work. Let's play it out.

Then he has to throw in CP0, nonsense betrayal plot shit, freeze everyone so Kuma can walk on-screen, fuck it let's teleport all the gorosei in, you know what the Giant's show up too, Bonney can control all pacifista whatever, and there's this giant robot that knew Joy Boy or something, who cares.

He never learns, man.
This is Oda problem posttime skip after all.
He could make every simple and classic, he just need to follow the line, the pace and his story, if he does this, the arc will most likely ending very good:

But since timeskip Oda made it worse.
Fishmen island and Punk hazard story line was okay but it all started with dressrosa, the running, stalling, useless panels and stories to make the arc large, to many characters.

The worst was with wano, it was a disaster.
Everyone can see, Oda can't handle a arc with many characters. He failed with it in wano and he doing the same now with egghead.

As you said he could make it simple, make Zoro vs Lucci more exciting and longer, give Luffy vs Kizaru a proper great fight, build up Kizaru character and hype Saturn only without adding all the Gorosei. The Seraphim and traitor plot, the boardcast, the running, the stalling, the summing of all Gorosei during the most important moment for Kizaru only for hin to became a background character, the strawhats except Luffy,Franky,Sanji and Zoro, barely getting any screentime or action(and if they get it, it is just one-two pages).

Oda make his own work harder by adding useless/pointlesss points. Making it harder for us reader. The breaks, the stall of the boardcast, the awful screentime for the whole strawhats.. Oda can't follow his simple line, he make it worse because he add pointless stuff and the clear line of a good arc end in a disaster like this pics point it out:

Sometimes having it simple, basic and with less characters, is better then stalling with tons of characters and bad panel timing, bad cliffhangers and useless plots...

I don't really care much about the power scaling aspect, I just think there was a lot he could have explored with him, even before the final arc, he arguably went through more heinous shit than 99% of the other characters but came out so much different than your sasuke and naruto archtypes

Kinda big shame
Post automatically merged:

Like I say its not a powerscaling issue
On that front is fine, altho I wished we would see him more with Zabuzas sword a little bit
I think his relationship with Obito was explored a lot. They had the whole two-man cell and talk about Rin where Kakashi brought his genocidal friend back to the good side. Not to mention his relationship with Guy with him acknowledging 8th Gates Guy surpassed him, something he would never claim beforehand.

And the man became Hokage too. Kakashi might be Kishimoto's favorite support character all things considered.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I swear you guys just assume everyone talks about powerscaling this forum rotted your brains :josad:
Tbh I can't see how he was done dirty writing wise either? Kishi played it very safe with him, which is why he was tolerable, majority of the verse were overgrown children or emos who didn't even go through half of what Kakashi did. Kakashi was actually spared, and he got his Kakashi-gaiden too.

As you said he could make it simple, make Zoro vs Lucci more exciting and longer, give Luffy vs Kizaru a proper great fight, build up Kizaru character and hype Saturn only without adding all the Gorosei. The Seraphim and traitor plot, the boardcast, the running, the stalling, the summing of all Gorosei during the most important moment for Kizaru only for hin to became a background character, the strawhats except Luffy,Franky,Sanji and Zoro, barely getting any screentime or action(and if they get it, it is just one-two pages).
Give gege those char an in 10 ch he can write top tier fights :myman:

I think his relationship with Obito was explored a lot. They had the whole two-man cell and talk about Rin where Kakashi brought his genocidal friend back to the good side. Not to mention his relationship with Guy with him acknowledging 8th Gates Guy surpassed him, something he would never claim beforehand.

And the man became Hokage too. Kakashi might be Kishimoto's favorite support character all things considered.
Guy was handled well in that dynamic, I feel like with Kakashi there was also unexplored space with how he handled guy, kishi shoved that a lot towards the end instead spreading out including his dads words about him and so on
I could make some One piece parallels to that but I don't want to get people mad :kobeha:

I do I have the same issue in one piece. Its obvious Kishi like the character but there was clearly left room for a lot of more, you see that also also in the reception of his book or how people were so hyped for that filler arc were it depicted Kakashi and Itachi in their Anbu Time which even scratch the depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.