Status
Not open for further replies.
But it works well if the gorosei truly are just weaker than top tiers with regen because it lets them be a continued “threat” throughout the arc but the straw hats surviving and continuously holding them back makes sense too.

The argument that this is just plot holding back 5 PK level characters just doesn’t make sense since Oda had to construct an entire plot line to eliminate the actual bonafide top tier of the arc from chasing down and killing the straw hats.
The problem for me has been Oda hyping their haki to the moon, while simultaneously not displaying that they are actually expert combatants. I guess it adds to the mystery, but I still think it would’ve been better if Oda just stuck with ONLY Saturn

The problem for me has been Oda hyping their haki to the moon, while simultaneously not displaying that they are actually expert combatants. I guess it adds to the mystery, but I still think it would’ve been better if Oda just stuck with ONLY Saturn
Yasheen is being willfully blind to the bolded lol, its kinda funny lol.

He didnt display their combat prowess yet because they arent really fighting except for Venusjuro who showed some combat prowess lol.

The rest is Pumba in Zoan form charging people, Ju Peter doing next to nothing in his Zoan form, Saturn basically trolling and I mean when hes had enough of the weak hats he blew them all away and Robin caught them,etc.

This arc isnt their fighting arc, they didnt even use a single named attack lol.

The Gorosei are very competent, they accomplished most of the things they set out to do narratively, its just that they cant hurt the straw hats in any meaningful way. Thats the only blemish for them lol.
Again I disagree, or rather I don't know what you mean by most. Afaik the gorosei (saturn at first) had 3 goals. Kill vegapunk/stella, (Kizaru did that) secure punk records (pending), secure york (pending, got punched out)
Then they added those goals:
Get the paficista (accomplished)
Kill bonney (failed)
Destroy the sunny (failed)
Stop the Vegapunk transmission (I would said failed, even if they stop it now 90% is gone through)
So Horse had an encounter with Franky Sanji bonney and giants.
We see the aftermath of it.
So no one in this encounter, either Nusjuro, nor Franky Sanji or Bonney, are hurt (I think oimo got clobbered in the head? not sure). So the gorosei regen, and the other "Problem" is that you mention the gorosei cant hurt any SH either.
The problem in this situation was however that Nusjuro wanted to kill bonney and couldn't accomplish that.
Same situation with Saturn earlier/later with killing robin.
So they deal 0 (zero) damage.
They cant set out what they do.

So what do those interactions give me from a story perspective other than seeing the Gorosei less threatening? I guess it makes for good shitpost material here but that ain't a good thing :josad:

I whole heartedly agree but well we have this now so we got to deal with the hand we are dealt, I truly dislike what Oda has been doing lol. Honestly I only check One Piece weekly out of habit and to know if any interesting lore has been dropped. Its been really had for me to be hyped about the series lol.
To me this look more like it get done to kill the VPs while showing off the elders .
You can't name one arc where SH fail to keep there allies alive like this arc .
VPs had no plot armour what so ever lol

Idk lol, hes been treated like a side character and not the huge threat he was in Sabaody, also he kept getting pingponged by Luffy everytime he tried to do something. Failed to hurt anyone except Vegapunk who was already dying from Saturn too lol.
This is 100% true , Kizaru got to point where franky and everyone was taking hit and it was not even doing any last damage to them .
This not even talking about how luffy was not even bother by him at all.
Compare to SB he look like he was just some side villain that they did bother waste time on .

Last edited:
Because their haki can be unnaturally powerful and them just be shitty fighters. They haven’t even shown the power to use CoC coating after all.

Plot armor can’t be such a convenient excuse that it can justify anything. I just don’t enjoy Oda writing himself into this situation, because we knew from the start that the Straw Hats were going to be coming out of Egghead with a “victory” based on the narrator’s implications.

It has just removed all tension from the situation.
The thing is, is that the Straw Hats are a Yonko crew now. Oda can't have them looking like the underdogs anymore.

Forcing them to retreat should be telling enough that they know they are in a battle they can't currently win, which in turn hypes the Gorosei.

If they made the Beast Pirates, Red Hair, Big Mom pirates etc.. retreat, nobody would doubt their validity.

The thing is, is that the Straw Hats are a Yonko crew now. Oda can't have them looking like the underdogs anymore.

Forcing them to retreat should be telling enough that they know they are in a battle they can't currently win, which in turn hypes the Gorosei.

If they made the Beast Pirates, Red Hair, Big Mom pirates etc.. retreat, nobody would doubt their validity.
But they’re only retreating because the goroseis regeneration and immortality. Take that away and theyd just fight them off and win.

Again I disagree, or rather I don't know what you mean by most. Afaik the gorosei (saturn at first) had 3 goals. Kill vegapunk/stella, (Kizaru did that) secure punk records (pending), secure york (pending, got punched out)
Then they added those goals:
Get the paficista (accomplished)
Kill bonney (failed)
Stop the Vegapunk transmission (I would said failed, even if they stop it now 90% is gone through)
So no one in this encounter, either Nusjuro, nor Franky Sanji or Bonney, are hurt (I think oimo got clobbered in the head? not sure). So the gorosei regen, and the other "Problem" is that you mention the gorosei cant hurt any SH either.
The problem in this situation was however that Nusjuro wanted to kill bonney and couldn't accomplish that.
So they deal 0 (zero) damage.

So what do those interactions give me from a story perspective other than seeing the Gorosei less threatening? I guess it makes for good shitpost material here but that ain't a good thing :josad:
The elders had 3 goal when arc started kill VP , keep Punk records and the mother flame with york.
There going to be able to do all those goals, it message that pop up that they fail at taking care off and the SH.
But both of those things there were bound to fail because of narrative purpose .
Still they stop part of the message , get back the PX and will mess up the robo but they were never going get everything there way .

Idk lol, hes been treated like a side character and not the huge threat he was in Sabaody, also he kept getting pingponged by Luffy everytime he tried to do something. Failed to hurt anyone except Vegapunk who was already dying from Saturn too lol.
I feared more for Usopps life than Robins, only thing I can say
:kayneshrug: He also got the way better deal in characterization too this arc. The gorosei seems to be rather flat

Headcanon of the highest order lol.
Without their Regen baseball Luffy would’ve killed 3 of them. You’re the one using headcanon about them suddenly becoming competent fighters without the regen
Post automatically merged:

Luffy has yet to damage Topman, even with high end attacks. That has nothing to do with regen/immortality.
He blew him up? And high end attack? He used an upgraded red roc but that’s def not a high end attack

Again I disagree, or rather I don't know what you mean by most. Afaik the gorosei (saturn at first) had 3 goals. Kill vegapunk/stella, (Kizaru did that)
No Kizaru and Saturn did it, Vegapunk was mortally wounded by Saturn and Kizaru finished him off.

secure punk records (pending), secure york (pending, got punched out)
Its secured because nobody else is there, everyone is escaping from them.

Kill bonney (failed)
This is normal.

They stopped the most important part, Vegapunk was about to tell everyone what the D means and it was stopped, and now Vegapunk is talking something else. So that part was stopped lol.

Yeah we see plot armor in action.

Any attack from them on Bonney or Robin would be fatal so idk what you were expecting lol.

They did accomplish their primary goals of the arc.

Your issue revolved around them not hurting or killing the straw hats and their allies, and thats just never going to happen bro. We gotta deal with it lol.

Even Kizaru didnt do shit to Franky, Atlas or basically anyone and he actually landed hits on them as opposed to the Gorosei lol.

Without their Regen baseball Luffy would’ve killed 3 of them. You’re the one using headcanon about them suddenly becoming competent fighters without the regen
Post automatically merged:

He blew him up? And high end attack? He used an upgraded red roc but that’s def not a high end attack
You mean saturn attack that he hit back blew him up .
Luffy G5 could not even hurt him , the same G5 that was hitting kaido all about the place and topman not even in his strongest form .

Status
Not open for further replies.