Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Egghead is not a good arc by any stretch of the imagination, it just has redeeming qualities and is shorter than Wano. Plus no Oden, but Vegapunk gives stiff competition in the insufferable characters category.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
โ€Ž
Kuri was dumb too
First he got good CoO and portrayed like a competent perfectionist yet never checked on Luffy while he was buried and ate donut instead

Then he got portrayed as family's protector, strong dependable big brother
Yet his whole family is in chaos, probably it was biggest chaos their family faced ever since Kuri was born and what did this idiot do? Stabbed his own abdomen because of fair fight bs
He prioritized in fair fight than family's safety
Kuri burying and leaving Luffy was actually really well written.

He got impatient because he couldn't land mogura on Luffy, so he quickly buried him instead and because he was late for his donut session, his mind was already preoccupied with gluttonous thoughts.

It's a super realistic oversight. Katakuri is a man of routine and his routine was interrupted, impatience can lead to hasty decision making.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Katakuri killing those chefs was such an ass moment characterwise @ZenZu

that's why i only stan moral characters like Doflamingo and Blackbeard

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Wano > Egghead
What is good moment of Egghead? None
Only saved by Lucci's competence rest are trash

Wano at least had memorable panels like Kaido's DF reveal
Better Characters
Better back stories
Better antagonist
More interesting story lines
Epic moments outside of Egghead
Epic Moments like Ethan and Zoro Clash,
Lucci vs Luffy r2
Seraphim rampaging
York shooting Shaka in the face
Ethan easily dispatching the Pacifista's
Luffy 2 v1 Saturn and Kizaru
Finding out the Gorosei are summoned from demonic circles like demon's from the book of Solomon

I personally have it Egghead>>WCI>>>Wano
All battles have been complete ass, the only ones decent were Garp vs. BB Pirates and Law vs. BB, latter wasn't even fleshed out. Cross Guild introduced but haven't done jack to show off why they have the might of a Yonko crew. Everything else is not worth talking about.

Kuma's backstory was great until he became a complete mental cuck who for some reason didn't think to try to save the love of his life with his in-and-out DF powers and instead letting Dragon sit at his desk doing nothing whatsoever. "You won't regret this!" - Lonkey D. Drag On

Egghead ever since Gorosei appeared has been nothing but a complete mess.

Nah wano is in the competion literal worse arc in all of shounen
:josad:
Nah the pacing is compensated by the full-fledged battles that the MCs got, including significantly narrative power-ups and full utility of DF + Haki before this "did he use ACoC or not" disaster we have.

You legit have to be an absolute fucking moron if you think Wano is better than Egghead.
You have to be an absolute pea for brains if you think Goofy being an absolute fucking moron for 100+ chapters makes Eggshit better than Wano, where we at least Goofy acted like a real MC 90% of the time instead of this insufferable laughing retard.

He got impatient because he couldn't land mogura on Luffy, so he quickly buried him instead and because he was late for his donut session, his mind was already preoccupied with gluttonous thoughts.

It's a super realistic oversight. Katakuri is a man of routine and his routine was interrupted, impatience can lead to hasty decision making.
Panel where Kuri says "oh it is donut time I should finish this fight asap" or are you just making shit up?

Egghead still best arc post-time skip
:hihihi:
It is, it's not perfect and it definitely has it's flaws especially during the climax, but compared to other post timeskip arcs, it is by far one of the better ones.

Some people here legit forgot about reading WCI and Wano weekly.

Remember in WCI we had to deal with Big Mom constantly saying "Wedding Cake!" nonstop, Sanji and Pudding baking a cake which got boring, and of course Oda dragging out them escaping.

And then there is Wano, from Big Mom getting an amnesia, being used as a plot device, being made to look like a joke, Kaido's being a boring villain and having a garbage backstory, the chapters focused on Tama and the SMILE users, the annoying Yamato.

The whole thing with the Kazenbo, Oda dragging out Orochi's death, Kin'emon and Kiku's fake out deaths, Oda ruining Green Bull's hype in order to hype up Shanks for the promotion of Film Red, Jack being a huge disappointment, and so on.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
โ€Ž
Panel where Kuri says "oh it is donut time I should finish this fight asap" or are you just making shit up?
Are you retarded? Read the fight he says it.

Btw I also forgot to mention Katakuri didn't know Luffy would eat through the mochi...so that along with his impatience led to that moment. His FS lets him see a few seconds ahead of time, but Luffy wouldn't have suffocated maybe minutes later. A dude thirsty for food wasn't waiting that long.

One of the better written plot armour moments in Oda's entire career, I have to give him props for that.

It is, it's not perfect and it definitely has it's flaws especially during the climax, but compared to other post timeskip arcs, it is by far one of the better ones.

Some people here legit forgot about reading WCI and Wano weekly.

Remember in WCI we had to deal with Big Mom constantly saying "Wedding Cake!" nonstop, Sanji and Pudding baking a cake which got boring, and of course Oda dragging out them escaping.

And then there is Wano, from Big Mom getting an amnesia, being used as a plot device, being made to look like a joke, Kaido's being a boring villain and having a garbage backstory, the chapters focused on Tama and the SMILE users, the annoying Yamato.

The whole thing with the Kazenbo, Oda dragging out Orochi's death, Kin'emon and Kiku's fake out deaths, Oda ruining Green Bull's hype in order to hype up Shanks for the promotion of Film Red, Jack being a huge disappointment, and so on.
I think most people remember like 30 chapter from onigashima and think that was the arc
Not even speaking of making the power system of one piece more retarded than it already was which is like so funny :josad:

Kuma's backstory was great until he became a complete mental cuck who for some reason didn't think to try to save the love of his life with his in-and-out DF powers and instead letting Dragon sit at his desk doing nothing whatsoever. "You won't regret this!" - Lonkey D. Drag On
dragon will move soon

Better Characters
Better back stories
Better antagonist
More interesting story lines
Epic moments outside of Egghead
Epic Moments like Ethan and Zoro Clash,
Lucci vs Luffy r2
Seraphim rampaging
York shooting Shaka in the face
Ethan easily dispatching the Pacifista's
Luffy 2 v1 Saturn and Kizaru
Finding out the Gorosei are summoned from demonic circles like demon's from the book of Solomon
Which better characters? All 7 Vegapunks are equally trash, new VAs are irrelevant. Wano had Yasuie and grandpa Hyou
Which backstory? Aside from Oden being a total dumb in end part of his flashback, actually his flashback overall was better than Vegapunk's whatever flashback
Which better antagonist beside good old Lucci? Gorosei are treated like harmless clowns
Epic moment outside of Egghead like Garp's downfall sure it is better than what is happening in Egghead because what is happening in Egghead is really shit
Epic moment like Nusjuro chickened out against Zoro compared to Zoro asura Kaido

.... wait I am not sure anymore
Are you saying Egghead is better or sarcastically saying Egghead is worse?

Youre a Katakuri enjoyer? I knew I liked you for a reason bb.

Status
Not open for further replies.