Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
All battles have been complete ass, the only ones decent were Garp vs. BB Pirates and Law vs. BB. Everything else is not worth talking about.

Kuma's backstory was great until he became a complete mental cuck who for some reason didn't think to try to save the love of his life with his in-and-out DF powers and instead letting Dragon sit at his desk doing nothing whatsoever. "You won't regret this!" - Lonkey D. Drag On

Egghead ever since Gorosei appeared has been nothing but a complete mess.

Nah the pacing is compensated by the full-fledged battles that the MCs got, including significantly narrative power-ups and full utility of DF + Haki before this "did he use ACoC or not" disaster we have.

You have to be an absolute pea for brains if you think Goofy being an absolute fucking moron for 100+ chapters makes Eggshit better than Wano, where we at least Goofy acted like a real MC 90% of the time instead of this insufferable laughing retard.
I personally don't care to much about fights but the lore and characters introduced in Egghead are great

I enjoy that it's not just ah the strawhats need to defeat these guys, win and then have a party

Oda is changing up the formula at least a bit

Gorosei didn't just get summoned and immediately start throwing hands with the strawhats

They came and immediately started doing what they needed to do

Actually playing the objective

Now I admit it isn't perfect by any stretch of the word I wish the whole arc was a who done it murder mystery with York killing the other punks one by one

But what we got isn't completely terrible

dragon will move soon
He will move when Teach has already gotten 3 DFs and Imu is about to blow up the next 35 Kingdoms. Then Joyboy and Zou reunite, Marines vs. Pirates all-out war, SHs find the One Piece, Luffy gets married to Hancock, meanwhile Dragon will finally begin to set sail for his next quest of liberating Dressrosa that was on his list 600 chapters ago.

What are you talking about? Katakuri is literally noting the time and says he is getting frustrated with Luffy dodging so much.

Merienda was flawless.
Katakuri should have won and killed Luffy a hundred times during this fight, with Luffy being able to survive and remain in the fight being utter plot armor bs.

Just goes to show you how insane of a feat that was, Erkan thought that was a safe limit for Mihawk, given he's just a loner who doesn't have underlings. 3 Bill wasn't even risky to say, Erkan was setting a very difficult bounty in theory.

Teach became a Yonkou at around 2 Billion, after taking over territories, freeing impel down lvl 6 prisoners and having them as underlings, attaining the gura, beating WBP remnants. There was no way in hell Mihawk by himself would have 3 bill for simply existing. Or so he thought, Mihawk just happened to be an anomaly for Oda...beyond anyone's imagination.
Man Mihawk got a bounty that high having been the entire time a loner who didn't seek the One Piece, he never had a crew and territories, and boom he got a higher bounty than his recognized Yonko captain. Man literally tells Shanks that he doesn't fight one armed has beens (the same Shanks who lol diffed post Wano Kidd and Killer combined), has the strongest blade in the world and the only blade who is at the same time a supreme one and black. Probably a God tier CoO etc. No idea how a lizard like Kaido is supposed to defeat someone like that.

When he goes all out, his power will be shocking😂

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Katakuri should have won and killed Luffy a hundred times during this fight, with Luffy being able to survive and remain in the fight being utter plot armor bs.
That was bs for sure. But looking back. Katakuri ended up being the only major fight in Luffy's career that he didn't win. The final clash was a stalemate then Katakuri got up first and essentially let Luffy go.

That is really something for Oda, not even Kaidou received that.

What you posted "at the end of the day" doesn't load on my phone

But anyway
Kizaru:
- no awakening
- didn't 1 shot Sentomaru
- crying in ship like little girl
- danced to Nika dance like a retard

Lucci:
- awakened
- 1 shot Sentomaru and Atlas and Stussy
- fell in battle like real warrior
- never sucked Luffy/Nika's dick
It is the panel where Lucci shat his pants at the sight of a Gorosei’s zoan form
Meanwhile Saturn here looks like an underling of Kizaru, marines even only willing to take orders from him

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Which better characters? All 7 Vegapunks are equally trash, new VAs are irrelevant. Wano had Yasuie and grandpa Hyou
Which backstory? Aside from Oden being a total dumb in end part of his flashback, actually his flashback overall was better than Vegapunk's whatever flashback
Which better antagonist beside good old Lucci? Gorosei are treated like harmless clowns
Epic moment outside of Egghead like Garp's downfall sure it is better than what is happening in Egghead because what is happening in Egghead is really shit
Epic moment like Nusjuro chickened out against Zoro compared to Zoro asura Kaido

.... wait I am not sure anymore
Are you saying Egghead is better or sarcastically saying Egghead is worse?
York, Lilith, Shaka, The Gorosei, Lucci, Kizaru, >>>>> everyone on wano (except Kaido and Ulti)

Garp rescuing Koby, Law vs BB, Shanks one tapping Kid, Cobra confronting the Gorosei.

Egghead is a great arc

Other than Cool Fights, what did Wano really have going for it?

@ZenZu actually yeah the more Oda offpanels Luffy's fight, the better it is
Number of chapters dedicated for Luffy's fights vs number of chapters for other Straw Hats / characters' fight is unfair

The readers want more characters' fight like serious Chopper fight, or Usopp or Robin
Yet what we all got is just Luffy, Luffy, Luffy, Luffy
Or now is Luffy, Nika, Luffy, Nika, Nika

York, Lilith, Shaka, The Gorosei, Lucci, Kizaru, >>>>> everyone on wano (except Kaido and Ulti)

Garp rescuing Koby, Law vs BB, Shanks one tapping Kid, Cobra confronting the Gorosei.

Egghead is a great arc

Why you taking him serious :josad:

How did you read this manga past baratie blud?
My patience reached its limits with WCI, the writing was of this arc during the second half was so bad that it pushed me to make a pause with One Piece for several months.

I came back for Wano, hoping that Oda would have learned from his mistakes and given a better story at least than that, but it turned out to be even worse than WCI.

Egghead is a great arc

York trash
Lilith trash
Shaka trash
Gorosei harmless clowns
Kizaru did nothing much
Only Lucci

Garp vs BB
Shanks vs Kidd
Law vs BB
Cobra died etc
When you resort to events outside Egghead instead of pointing what actually happened in Egghead (it is nothing btw) then yeah you know the arc is shit

On Wano we have that Smile scene, where whole village laughing at Yasuie's death
That scene > whatever happened with Vegatrash

Egghead’s climax is dragged out and shitty and this can lower its rating for people. The ending parts of an experience tends to have a large impact in its entirety. You’ll notice this with vacations, dates and whatnot. If I judge EH as a whole then it is still easily one of the better post-ts arcs if not the best.

My patience reached its limits with WCI, the writing was of this arc during the second half was so bad that it pushed me to make a pause with One Piece for several months.

I came back for Wano, hoping that Oda would have learned from his mistakes and given a better story at least than that, but it turned out to be even worse than WCI.
I feel like if you get upset at "plot armor" and luck you should maybe not torture yourself I can't think off barely any fight pre TS of Luffy that this didn't play a role

Are you hate reading ? :josad:

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
He survived because he ran away to regroup and figured out how Katakuri was using future sight and Luffy is skilled enough to pick up on things like that, hell he figured out how to do conquerors coating just be getting hit with it a couple times

That's not plot armor, that's strategy

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
@ZenZu actually yeah the more Oda offpanels Luffy's fight, the better it is
Number of chapters dedicated for Luffy's fights vs number of chapters for other Straw Hats / characters' fight is unfair

The readers want more characters' fight like serious Chopper fight, or Usopp or Robin
Yet what we all got is just Luffy, Luffy, Luffy, Luffy
Or now is Luffy, Nika, Luffy, Nika, Nika
I don't know for the life of me why people want a Robin fight, who gives a rats ass about those. They were never a thing. The last Robin fight before Wano was on Skypeia before you were even born, against some random fatass 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.