Questions & Mysteries Is Oda doing King the background justice?

J

Jo_Ndule

He has less presence and focus than the flyers and Queen.
Now with Yamato getting all the focus beside Kaido, King is feeling more and more left out.

It has been 60+ chapters and yet the future isn't promising.
Is Oda only writing King to have him be beaten like nothing special or will he at least get a momentum?

Act 2 was Queen's spotlight
Act 3 is ending, and it focus is on Yamato and flyers
Act 4 is Kaido and BM themselves

How can Oda fit King into the spotlight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience bro. We are nowhere near the 3nd of Wano. There is plenty of room left for King.

In my opinion Oda saving the best for last.
There are many hints that King is very very interesting that leads us to some questions.

1. From which race is king ?
2. Why was Kings race almost eradicted from the world ?
3. Why can his body produce flames ?
4. Why is his attire almost the same as the wardens of Impel down ?

Storytelling wise it wouldn't make sense reveal those questions before King got his mayor fight.

So I believe you should be patient.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Obviously King will have something unique and will be somewhat relevant during Wano. He is the first mate of Kaido. And we are only at the begining of the war. He will be one of the most relevant BP.

But I really think that King will be the least relevant 1st mate.

Rayleigh - no need explainations
Beckman - we have known him since chapter 1 / was there multiple times during the story
Marco - a lot of important plot points, was there 2 arcs etc
Kata - main enemy of Luffy during WCI / we will see him again etc

While I think the BP will be one time villain except few exceptions like maybe Ulti/PO and Jack.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this just a bit ago. Queen had so much that King can't equal that screen time. His background and inevitable fight time won't be the same unless Queen is somehow humiliated quickly.

Katakuri had sufficient screen time considering his role was obvious since the wedding and he fought Luffy for over a volume, with an epilogue.

don’t you have something better to do with your life than making shit threads?

didn’t katakuri only appear when wci was 50% complete and done nothing until his fight with luffy which he lost?
Don't you have something better to do than hate on the dawg?

J

Jo_Ndule

don’t you have something better to do with your life than making shit threads?

didn’t katakuri only appear when wci was 50% complete and done nothing until his fight with luffy which he lost?
Somebody has been reading 2 piece
It's not about appearing at half or beginning.
Yamato and Kata appeared at half point of the arc yet they got focus straight on.

King didn't, is yet to even gain focus above flyers. This is like Smoothie having less focus than Oven and Pero during WCI

It's shit cause you think it is... It's just sad y'all can't see Oda hasn't written King as someone very important, it takes King 50+ chapters while Ray, Oden, Yamato, Kata get the spotlight and focus easily.

Why is Oda giving flyers and Queen more focus than King?
Post automatically merged:

Obviously King will have something unique and will be somewhat relevant during Wano. He is the first mate of Kaido. And we are only at the begining of the war. He will be one of the most relevant BP.

But I really think that King will be the least relevant 1st mate.

Rayleigh - no need explainations
Beckman - we have known him since chapter 1 / was there multiple times during the story
Marco - a lot of important plot points, was there 2 arcs etc
Kata - main enemy of Luffy during WCI / we will see him again etc

While I think the BP will be one time villain except few exceptions like maybe Ulti/PO and Jack.
I was thinking about this just a bit ago. Queen had so much that King can't equal that screen time. His background and inevitable fight time won't be the same unless Queen is somehow humiliated quickly.

Katakuri had sufficient screen time considering his role was obvious since the wedding and he fought Luffy for over a volume, with an epilogue.

Don't you have something better to do than hate on the dawg?
I really think Oda messed up by making Jack intro have so much hype and gave him his own arc.
Jack defeat is currently the 2nd most important defeat after Yonko, Jack vs Dukes has more depth than Queen or King fight.

With Queen getting all the shine since Act 2,

I wonder if King in 3-5 chapters can top Queen and Jack in term of plot importance

Jack has a beef with Minks
Queen has a beef with Flyers
King lacks any Plot, maybe Oda will make him have a deep beef with Pero or Marco.

Yamato and Kata appeared at half point of the arc yet they got focus straight on.

King didn't, is yet to even gain focus above flyers. This is like Smoothie having less focus than Oven and Pero during WCI

It's shit cause you think it is... It's just sad y'all can't see Oda hasn't written King as someone very important, it takes King 50+ chapters while Ray, Oden, Yamato, Kata get the spotlight and focus easily.

I really think Oda messed up by making Jack intro have so much hype and gave him his own arc.
Jack defeat is currently the 2nd most important defeat after Yonko, Jack vs Dukes has more depth than Queen or King fight.

I wonder if King in 3-5 chapters can top Queen and Jack in term of plot importance

King lacks any Plot, maybe Oda will make him have a deep beef with Pero or Marco.
I have a general question for you?

How does screen time and importance equal power levels?

You didn't understand...it is not about when he appeared, rather it was about how he was a background character even more than Tobi Roppo like how was Kaido more or less in Odens flashback....yes, Katakuri appeared after 50% of WCI but the moment he appeared, he got more focus/spotlight than any other character even his mother, the emperor BigMom....

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You didn't understand...it is not about when he appeared, rather it was about how he was a background character even more than Tobi Roppo like how was Kaido more or less in Odens flashback....yes, Katakuri appeared after 50% of WCI but the moment he appeared, he got more focus/spotlight than any other character even his mother, the emperor BigMom....
Princesses of the arc usually get spot light kata is no different.

Well, every person has its own point of view.
You have your own point of view and your own opinion.

In my opinion you are seeking for a desire to Oda Show more about King.

Still sour desire ain't statisfied and you questioning Oda.

I have to say one thing: Patience

king is the most suitable BP member to move and handle many locations
so i think his shine will be ate the end of this which we are in and in the next one and the next act
queen call king a torture loving freak , but he wasn't the governor of prison (udon )
also the black tengu that can produce fire is torture loving in Japanese folklore
but until now oda didn't bring this yet

i think king will capture one ofSH and torture until death in act 4