Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
Why?!! Isn't getting a quality actor more important than nationality?!
The thing is the nationality is obviously stated by oda. And it's gonna be difficult to translate zoro:s techniques into English cause it doesn't sound as good. Cause zoro has a habit of making his attacks puns, ya know. I'm fine with him not being Japanese as long as the performance is good. But I highly doubt that the live action will live up to it

M

MD Zolo

The thing is the nationality is obviously stated by oda. And it's gonna be difficult to translate zoro:s techniques into English cause it doesn't sound as good. Cause zoro has a habit of making his attacks puns, ya know. I'm fine with him not being Japanese as long as the performance is good. But I highly doubt that the live action will live up to it
I understand some of it. But I don't completely understand the language thing. OP English dub is doing fine, so I don't think translation is a very big issue. Of course, it will be little odd to hear a western Zoro yelling Japanese attack names (I hate yelling attack name and I hope Netflix won't do that).

For me, if a Korean of Chinese can portray Zoro well, that's fine.

Why?!! Isn't getting a quality actor more important than nationality?!
This is a tough issue. Back when she was not tweeting, JK Rowling wanted an all English cast for Harry Potter which is perfectly understandable because you really want to be as close as possible to the roots, and atmosphere of a series. You would bet your ass that American studio executives would try to cast their own kids for these roles for one of the most anticipated adaptation ever.

On the other hand, you can always come across better actors from another country that are also fans and can look the part.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper