Who will win the most medals at the Olympics?

• Total voters
It's not about a right or not
You are using tax payer money to showcase your culture on one of the biggest stages in the world but then you use it for this
They should have wore local clothes, play some old music, do a show about some important event/character from their history
They did show the beheaded queen :kayneshrug:

Anyway, you seem to have wanted a "roman national" which is a phantasm of national history.

Disagree since I was sarcastic

Making fun of religions during opening ceremonies of sports competitions makes zero sense except as a provocation.
In other words, including them to make fun of them is only done out of spite which doesnlt add anything to promote your competition or the organisers in a good light
I know you were being sarcastic but i still used it to make my point

provocation in what sense? Most well adjusted Christians dgaf. It could be part of French culture to make fun of religion as part of satire and then what? Are they not allowed to express their culture?
Post automatically merged:

You won't be finding anything funny when Trump will become President :suresure:
Add whatever he prays to as well^

I know you were being sarcastic but i still used it to make my point

provocation in what sense? Most well adjusted Christians dgaf. It could be part of French culture to make fun of religion as part of satire and then what? Are they not allowed to express their culture?

Add whatever he prays to as well^
Was there a poll or smt? From the reactions I saw, most of them were bashing it and calling it out as tasteless

And as to your point about French culture - that's pointlessly obtuse from you just to make a point. No culture makes it a point to ridicule other cultures and religious beliefs, and it especially isn't a vital part of their culture.

My point still stands - making fun of religions and cultures is in no way connected to sports or sports competitions. It only plays to a small and vocal crowd of edgelords that love to bash religions on a regular basis

Disagree since I was sarcastic

Making fun of religions during opening ceremonies of sports competitions makes zero sense except as a provocation.
In other words, including them to make fun of them is only done out of spite which doesnlt add anything to promote your competition or the organisers in a good light
The "we want everyone to be included because diversity" tripe from the French was pretty disingenuously inconsistent to begin with anyway.

"No Belarusians or Russians because national war crimes. Israelis that all served in the IDF are fine though. Even the one that wrote personalised messages onto bombs being dropped in residential areas. Also no hijabs, we're definitely not that inclusive."

It's all so tiresome. :pepecafe:

Was there a poll or smt? From the reactions I saw, most of them were bashing it and calling it out as tasteless

And as to your point about French culture - that's pointlessly obtuse from you just to make a point. No culture makes it a point to ridicule other cultures and religious beliefs, and it especially isn't a vital part of their culture.

My point still stands - making fun of religions and cultures is in no way connected to sports or sports competitions. It only plays to a small and vocal crowd of edgelords that love to bash religions on a regular basis
Most U.S households are Christian and they’re still watching the Olympics. Don’t let the outrage machine on Twitter fool you. Most Christians do not give a fuck. Our entire media makes fun of Christianity for the most part to begin with

Roman culture did make it a point to poke fun at gods and all of that. They kinda invented satire. Stuff like has easily bled into our western culture

Btw, I saw it on news that raw meat was served to athletes and now some countries are flying their own chefs to France. Is it true?
I didn't hear about raw meat. I heard that French chefs partook in the classic French pastime of "being on strike" so the teams are having to bring in their own catering staff.

Also the beds for at least some of the athletes are apparently mattresses on cardboard frames. My mum said she saw an athlete on Facebook posting about being pretty unimpressed with that sleeping arrangement.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I didn't hear about raw meat. I heard that French chefs partook in the classic French pastime of "being on strike" so the teams are having to bring in their own catering staff.

Also the beds for at least some of the athletes are apparently mattresses on cardboard frames. My mum said she saw an athlete on Facebook posting about being pretty unimpressed with that sleeping arrangement.
Here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebri...illage-food-shortages-raw-meat-athletes-48574

And, bed as well? Lol

I thoight the cardboard beds thing was for all athletes?:watchout:

I thoight the cardboard beds thing was for all athletes?:watchout:
Oh it's that bad? I said "at least some" on the assumption that the French might have just cocked up for a few accommodations. More fool me for giving Froggies the benefit of the doubt. :peperain:

Seeing the world leaders getting drenched in the rain with only cheap, plastic macs to protect them should have made me know better. :peperain:

Oh it's that bad? I said "at least some" on the assumption that the French might have just cocked up for a few accommodations. More fool me for giving Froggies the benefit of the doubt. :peperain:

Seeing the world leaders getting drenched in the rain with only cheap, plastic macs to protect them should have made me know better. :peperain:
Apparently, and don't quote me on this, it was done to curb the cardio sessions athletes have in their free time. Allegedly the beds are designed to only withstand one person's bodyweight (how they did that when the weight is anywhere between 55 and a 100 kgs is beyond me).

However they also gave them condoms in their welcome bags so who knows

A couple of pills:

I found absurd the whole ceremony, coming from the "tolerant", what better occasion than to make the Muslim of their country welcome than put Mohammed half naked during the last dinner, among transgender and drag queens?

Is team USA for basket tested for doping?

Apparently, and don't quote me on this, it was done to curb the cardio sessions athletes have in their free time. Allegedly the beds are designed to only withstand one person's bodyweight (how they did that when the weight is anywhere between 55 and a 100 kgs is beyond me).

However they also gave them condoms in their welcome bags so who knows
😆 🤣 casual bed breaking

Most U.S households are Christian and they’re still watching the Olympics. Don’t let the outrage machine on Twitter fool you. Most Christians do not give a fuck. Our entire media makes fun of Christianity for the most part to begin with

Roman culture did make it a point to poke fun at gods and all of that. They kinda invented satire. Stuff like has easily bled into our western culture
That's not nice