• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Votes: 18 16.8%

• Total voters
Solid chapter if you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy the randomness unfold.

Elbaf has so much riding on it, and watching the inevitable fallout is going to be magnificent.

I hope we get some chapters focussing on the navy and Cross Guild, because their morals and purpose really need to be properly established - it's way overdue at this point.

Most of the chapter is complete emptiness, a blank horizon or wallpaper. That’s how these non-stop, completely basic face panels and standard phrases, which have been going on for months, appear. It’s the shallowest filler in the universe.
The Iron Giant/Emeth part in my opinion fell completely flat, and was drawn out about 3 times too much, until the tension had already disappeared. This Haki explosion pic is itself completely basic, aside from being kind of boring anyway (I guess Oda was stuck with drawing his own boring idea).

To some extent it’s clear, that the neverending mid-ness of Oda’s chapters is dependent on his plan and therefore can’t be completely avoided by randomly having amazing stuff happen. However this makes the stretching and teasing and internal hyping of them all the worse.

It’s clear Oda is trying to create some key moment that re-establishes the story and introduces the finale. And he does so by disrespecting the readers (or expecting them to be way too mindless), and way overdoing it anyway, and partly in the blandest way possible, with only the usual phrases. And it seems that, instead of finding a Boruto-type sequel beneath him, he is trying to make his Boruto-style sequel (with Bonney) part of the last stretch of the main story, and use this as the introduction of it (not that he is literally going to make a sequel of it, but he is apparently trying to appeal to the same sort of new audience with this).

Together with the regularly frequent, and irregularly even more frequent, breaks, the story is as thin and tasteless as a sip of water.

One little interesting bit from the deflation of the Gorosei is that there might be a more dangerous villain after all than the WG. (It seems that, once Luffy finds a Haki Boost drink, or whatever, he can casually pack up Imu and Co.) And I guess the developments from the defeat of the Marines and WG here, as one could see it, could be way more interesting than what we got now.

That aside, I’m a little disappointed that Joyboy was completely normal-sized (and it seems he was just another fruit-user).

Last edited:
Most of the chapter is complete emptiness, a blank horizon or wallpaper. That’s how these non-stop, completely basic face panels and standard phrases, which have been going on for months, appear. It’s the shallowest filler in the universe.
The Iron Giant/Emeth part in my opinion fell completely flat, and was drawn out about 3 times too much, until the tension had already disappeared. This Haki explosion pic is itself completely basic, aside from being kind of boring anyway (I guess Oda was stuck with drawing his own boring idea).

To some extent it’s clear, that the neverending mid-ness of Oda’s chapters is dependent on his plan and therefore can’t be completely avoided by randomly having amazing stuff happen. However this makes the stretching and teasing and internal hyping of them all the worse.

It’s clear Oda is trying to create some key moment that re-establishes the story and introduces the finale. And he does so by disrespecting the readers (or expecting them to be way too mindless), and way overdoing it anyway, and partly in the blandest way possible, with only the usual phrases. And it seems that, instead of finding a Boruto-type sequel beneath him, he is trying to make his Boruto-style sequel (with Bonney) part of the last stretch of the main story, and use this as the introduction of it (not that he is literally going to make a sequel of it, but he is apparently trying to appeal to the same sort of new audience with this).

And together with the regularly frequent, and irregularly more frequent, breaks, the story is as thin and tasteless as a sip of water.

One little interesting bit from the deflation of the Gorosei is that there might be a more dangerous villain after all than the WG. (It seems that, once Luffy finds a Haki Boost drink, or whatever, he can casually pack up Imu and Co.) And I guess the developments from the defeat of the Marines and WG here, as one could see it, could be way more interesting than what we got now.

That aside, I’m a little disappointed that Joyboy was completely normal-sized (and it seems he was just another fruit-user).
Why are you surprised
Most of the main characters are normal sized