Character Discussion Performance of the SHC (Egghead)

Who had the best performance?

• Total voters
Performance of the SHC in Egghead:

Luffy - great as always

Zoro - did his job as the first mate, great performance

Sanji - had some great moments, good job (his only L is Vegapunk's death but it was against Kizaru so come on)

Jinbe - didn’t have a fight but I loved his interactions with Zoro. Did everything right

Franky: has some great moments alongside Sanji. He’s underrated and deserves more recognition

Robin: great character arc for her.

Nami: had some good moments and led the Robin Protection Squad

Brook: nothing special. Had his little moment with the Sunny but was a background character. He fell down since WCI which is sad
He’s more like a support character now :(

Chopper: I don’t remember anything special. He was nonexistent in this arc. He had fun in the beginning of the arc though

Usopp: is like a dead character since Dressrosa. More tears than action

Share your opinion and who was the best?
I excluded Luffy from the poll because it would be unfair.

Franky and it's not close i think thats obvious
You need to judge appropriately to the characters, Luffy and Zoro after Wano was actually way worse than expected to me
Rest were where I expected them to be

Special shout out goes to jimbo from hyped as a big deal Warlord joining the SHs in Wano to on the exclusive duty of delivering packages, and tard wrangling Zoro or saving Luffy from drowning

Edit: I want to add as people (as often in this place) didn't read the Op @Cross_Marian post, he is not talking just about combat performance as a whole but also how this character was written, for example with robin

Matter of the fact is no matter of Luffy/nika wank negates the fact he acted poorly as a captain this arc or how oda didn't write character stuff for zoro since like 8 years or so

Last edited:
Luffy had the best performance, still can't believe how he humiliated a C3 Admiral without ACoC or any high end moves.

Excluding Luffy though, it'd probably be Franky.

Luffy's was the best of all, he spent the entire arc laughing and having fun while being casual and not even fully using the range of skills he has, it got to such a crazy point that I remember on reddit some people wondering if Luffy still needed his crew.

Franky fought an extreme battle against Sasaki, and arrived in EG shooting a vice admiral.

Luffy failed, all the vegapunks died, making the last 30 chapters pointless.
The crew could've just taken Bonney and abandoned Vegapunk in chapter 1090 and we would have the same result but better as we would be in Elbaf by now.

Franky performed the best. He didn't do poor in a single situation and feels far closer to Jimbe than most people would like to admit.

I voted Franky as well, although I kinda expected more plot for him on Vega-fucking-punk's island!!!
But still, good arc for him.
Then I noticed how Franky dominates the poll and I understood not all hope is lost for this forum :blush:
I also hoped for more character stuff like him discussing with vegapunk about the whole scientist dilemma about weapons but at minimum he got much needed screen time
Also Lilith is still on board so maybe there can be some good opportunities there too

Imo Sanji met expectations on most aspects, he showed the expected leadership skills, the most known of his character traits and was constantly involved in important events against the strongest villains of the arc, often saving people and giving the audience a glimpse of what he can do and how far he can go strengthwise in the future.

By far the letdown involving Sanji was post 1107, Oda made everyone think Luffy and Sanji would fight Kizaru onscreen, then what we get in 1108 feels completely different, almost like some stuff got offscreened, Kizaru just vanished for whatever reason, Saturn moved from his previous spot. A huge letdown from Oda here.

Franky exceeded the most expectations by far because most believed he would be sidelined but he one shotted a Vice Admiral and apparently used CoA for the first time, was constantly involved in battles against strong foes. Things looking promissing for Franky.
(although some people pointed out he would get more focus this arc cuz of science stuff and he did, which is good)

Luffy was ok but i don't think he exceeded expectations, he obviously has the best perfomance strengthwise, as he should, but i would say he showed his limitations quite considerably in this arc, as a Younko, like when he was completely worned out like never before against Kizaru and at being constantly overwhelmed by some of the Gorosei and realizing he needs quite a lot of outside help against them (Hello Mars). Gear 5 is still annoying as hell, unreasonably goofy, tension killer who makes Luffy go from a cool looking idiot who sometimes looks super goofy into a complete clown.

Zoro didn't met all the expectations i guess, mainly due to the waste of time with Lucci, which was nonsense because so far we didn't got an explanation for that, and despite showing he can definitely beat up Lucci for good, not having him laying down on the ground at the end like Zoro always does feels odd for Zoro's standards. At least he got a cool clash with Nusjuro, as most people would expect since duh they are swordsmen.

Jinbe's role was getting bossed around by Nami then by Sanji while working as Zoro's taxi so idk. Definitely didn't met the expectations i guess, but i don't see that much of a problem here.

The rest didn't do nothing that much impressive to be mentioned, although Nami is always involved to help the M3 at leading and she also showed an impressive feat with Zeus, based on her own standards for overall strength, of course.
:shocked:

Last edited:
Franky - Really the best, very impressive stuff from him this arc.

Zoro - Protected the ship when Kaku tried to destroy it, stopped and defeated Lucci, stopped Nusjuro. Pretty good.

Luffy - Joked around too much, did well against Kizaru, but in the end failed to protect the Vegaforce, failed to protect Vegapunk, his AP looked worse compared to Wano. My expectations for him are always very high considering how powerful he is now, but his performance this arc is beyond terrible.

Sanji
Saved by kuma
Saved by bonney and 2 giants
Saved by luffy vs kizaru
Saved by the giants against mars fire(he thanked them for saving his life)
Saved by zoro when lucci ramapaged( lucci hurt a woman in his face btw remember who s sanji)

Etc

Zoro, Luffy and Franky had a good arc, Franky got some great moments. Sanjis was shit, hypetooled to hell. The other SHPs felt more like side characters, they did things but most of it was background stuff imo or I dont remember the significant shit they did.

Franky is the only one that didn’t disappoint in any major way.

Wasn’t begging for food like Luffy, moving boxes like Jimbe, needed “rival badmouthing him” boost like Zoro, leave Vegapunk in front of his killers after promising to protect him like Sanji, etc.

Anyone trying to say anything else is just kidding themselves or doing tired agenda crap.