Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1124 Spoilers Discussion

THAT MAN will be/ Cover Page Kidnapper

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't great, no. But Oda successfully expanded on Kizaru's character without ditching his casualness from Pre-Timeskip. And this chapter is where all the cracks from Egghead finally yield some results. I wanted glimpses of this earlier but seeing this isn't bad, it's consistent.
It would’ve been better if Oda actually showed us Kizaru and Vegapunk being good friends in the past. Instead, he just repeatedly had Kizaru call Vegapunk his friend and act like that was enough to make us really care about their relationship. The only positive interactions we saw between the two were that panel of Kizaru playing with his lasers in front of Punk and Sento, and that panel of them doing the Nika dance. We never even saw some friendly dialogue between the two.

Kizaru’s and Sentomaru’s relationship was much better written despite it being much less important for the arc

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It would’ve been better if Oda actually showed us Kizaru and Vegapunk being good friends in the past. Instead, he just repeatedly had Kizaru call Vegapunk his friend and act like that was enough to make us really care about their relationship. The only positive interactions we saw between the two were that panel of Kizaru playing with his lasers in front of Punk and Sento, and that panel of them doing the Nika dance. We never even saw some friendly dialogue between the two.

Kizaru’s and Sentomaru’s relationship was much better written despite it being much less important for the arc
We saw Kizaru multiple times struggle with killing Vegapunk, he had the opportunity after kicking Luffy and doesn't immediately go for the throat. We have him looking remorseful almost the entirety of the arc post Kuma flashback.

Yes, their friendship could be in greater detail, no, that doesn't diminish or somehow destroy it. Nor does that make this reaction forced in any way. "Show don't tell", we see Kizaru as a deeply empathetic person in the Kuma flashback when he lowers his hat at Kuma's decision and we see Kizaru with Vegapunk throughout the years

We knew they had a long standing friendship. None of this is new.

It's actually pretty awesome writing to put Kizaru in a position where he has to choose between his lifes work and his personal feelings. And him finally snapping like this after making a tough decision is good writing.

But you'd rather have him act like a stoic nonchalant badass (but I think you'd have criticized that too. You just hate the character.)

I mean I don’t actually believe Kizaru is turning into Fujitora I’m being dramatic, Kizaru’s clearly grieving, but you just look at all the other instances of characters arguing with Akainu and they often go on a different path then him , Akainu inspires people to leave lmao…..but we’ll see.
Is just Akainu being a hardass, I don't get any vibes of Kizaru doubting the marines.

Jiraya just lost to him
The secret behind his techniques and body weren’t discovered yet
And Naruto was the biggest asset of the village, the future of the village, and Naruto was the main target of the Akatsuki. It was playing their hand totally.

it was far too risky

it paid of because of shonen trope but Naruto indeed lost the fight
Jiraiya lost on enemy terrain and against the element of suprise, and yet he still managed to take down 3 bodies and leave vital clues.

Naruto being such a valuable asset to the village was precisely why he had to go.

Sending Naruto away gave him time to become strong enough to have a fighting chance. The risky thing would've been to keep him in the village, where there was no hiding from Nagato.

Keeping Naruto in the village is what would've played into Akatsuki's hand.

Last edited:
Before giving my verdict on Kizaru's treatment in this arc in waiting for that page of him crying shedding tears and replying to Akainu. It could make or break Kizaru's character depending on how it is drawn.
redon said it was incredible but I hardly trust him, he finds "amazing doublespreads" in every chapter lmao
Oda can both do some of the best expressions and completely exaggerated ridiculous ones that ruin the moment.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Shiroyru is making up all these bs reasons on why Kizaru sucks as a character, when in reality he just simply hates his character.

He's also salty and crying because he was wrong about Kizaru being killed.
He's acting like the worst of the ZKK crowd. For years he said Kizaru would be a hype tool for Blackbeard, now suddenly he thinks Kizaru and Saturn will fight? I wonder to what end.

Kizaru continues his emotional response to killing Vegapunk and wow, suddenly he's an AWFUL CHARACTER? Ruined for having regrets and human feelings.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
What has any antagonist done in the story? Kizaru had iconic moments, he had the role of menace for 2 arcs, accomplished that role to perfection. And in this arc he accomplished one of his major missions, while receiving some character moments.

He's done a lot in limited time. That's called impact.
Crocodile had successful taken over one of the largest and strongest counties one of the WG own kingdoms and was hailed as their King by the people who lived there, rana. successful organization that was all under another Moniker and was able to move as he pleased.

Enel took over a country by sheer force and created his Maximum arc.

Joker took over is homeland not as good as croc but took it over ranthe entire underworld and created a relationship and successful business with Kaido and Cesar which lasted for many years

BM has been a Yonko and controlled her territory and has been one of the 4 strongest pirates since Rogers rookie days... had a bounty at 5 killed Giant Royalty as a child, was so powerful that she couldnt even die so oda had to push her off of a flying island.

Kaido literally captured 5 SN while another was his underling, just shy of half the WG was under his wing in one form or another, ruled Wano for 20y and not even Mihawk, WB or the WG wanted to enter the island. Literally no diffed Luffy 7 different times hurt him so bad that he actually died, only lst after Luffy had 736353453 power ups in one single arc even then t took every single ounce luffy had...

Kizaru got one shot by g5 in 10mins. Stayed down after a while just to get bodied once again and was put for 3/4 of the entire egghead arc. Couldnt handle rayleigh, the same SN that Kaido had defeated and captired Kizaru couldnt even do to a much weaker version of, no SN had haki on Saboady yet even being untouchable the all escaped kizarue, he got stalemated by old man ray and was so slow he couldnt even move at his "light speeds" so uch for being the fastest character in the verse. had to capture 500 fodder cause he couldnt take the L. couldnt get passed Marco to fight WB good thing he didnt cause that wouldve been a sad sight to see, has never landed a clean hit on any mid to top tier character cleanly or landed any damage on them at best he hurt Luffy by the shield. Couldnt even manage to take out vegapunk without the help of saturn was so much of a coward that he was told there was no need to fight Sentomaru instead fought a fooder and still got nowhere cried about hurting his friends yet went directly after one who he considers his nephew and family for what reason again?

yeah lizaru is a trash bum character.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
hes been around just as long as any character has been since Rogers era... i wouldnt call that a limited time if thats the case every single character from then has accomplished much more in limited time

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Crocodile had successful taken over one of the largest and strongest counties one of the WG own kingdoms and was hailed as their King by the people who lived there, rana. successful organization that was all under another Moniker and was able to move as he pleased.

Enel took over a country by sheer force and created his Maximum arc.

Joker took over is homeland not as good as croc but took it over ranthe entire underworld and created a relationship and successful business with Kaido and Cesar which lasted for many years

BM has been a Yonko and controlled her territory and has been one of the 4 strongest pirates since Rogers rookie days... had a bounty at 5 killed Giant Royalty as a child, was so powerful that she couldnt even die so oda had to push her off of a flying island.

Kaido literally captured 5 SN while another was his underling, just shy of half the WG was under his wing in one form or another, ruled Wano for 20y and not even Mihawk, WB or the WG wanted to enter the island. Literally no diffed Luffy 7 different times hurt him so bad that he actually died, only lst after Luffy had 736353453 power ups in one single arc even then t took every single ounce luffy had...

Kizaru got one shot by g5 in 10mins. Stayed down after a while just to get bodied once again and was put for 3/4 of the entire egghead arc. Couldnt handle rayleigh, the same SN that Kaido had defeated and captired Kizaru couldnt even do to a much weaker version of, no SN had haki on Saboady yet even being untouchable the all escaped kizarue, he got stalemated by old man ray and was so slow he couldnt even move at his "light speeds" so uch for being the fastest character in the verse. had to capture 500 fodder cause he couldnt take the L. couldnt get passed Marco to fight WB good thing he didnt cause that wouldve been a sad sight to see, has never landed a clean hit on any mid to top tier character cleanly or landed any damage on them at best he hurt Luffy by the shield. Couldnt even manage to take out vegapunk without the help of saturn was so much of a coward that he was told there was no need to fight Sentomaru instead fought a fooder and still got nowhere cried about hurting his friends yet went directly after one who he considers his nephew and family for what reason again?

yeah lizaru is a trash bum character.
Bm and Kaidou were ass bro, almost felt like filler. Kizaru was not even a central antagonist like that and he left a mark on this series in limited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.