General & Others How many people think it’s fine that Oda fumbled Zoro in Wano?

What do you think?

• It’s a knock on Oda to have fumbled this badly

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • It’s completely fine that Oda didn’t do well. He couldn’t even think of anything since it’s Zoro

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Oda did absolutely Nothing wrong, how dare you criticize Goda?

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Outside of expectations for the arc and Zoro, how is it possible that Zoro was so short-changed in the Samurai and Swordsman arc?

It’s like why isn’t Oda criticized more for this? I mean however much you like Oda and think his shit is the ambrosia of the gods, you have to admit that Zoro’s Wano story is severely lacking in many ways. So why is this acceptable?

Seriously it doesn’t even matter how high or low your expectations were for Zoro to begin with, how did the Samurai and Swordsman arc have Zoro doing a bunch of meaningless side-quests and a bad fight at the end and that’s it.

Please I’m really asking, even the Zoro haters, is this acceptable even to you? 4 years and 150 chapters of the closest thing to Zoro having any significance and it’s just a nonsensical fight with nonsense “cool guys feats” and that’s acceptable to you from Oda and Oda did nothing wrong with this abysmal story?

Seriously imagine if you transposed this situation to Usopp in elbaf. 4 years and 150 chapters and the best you got out of Usopp in Elbaf was meaningless side-quests and a bad fight. (Okay Usopp doesn’t even get fights usually so you might think it’s fine but seriously, why does it have to be a bad fight tho? Why shouldn’t Usopp get the best fight of his life in Elbaf? Why settle for a bad one?)

Some people read the above and say “well Usopp is a better written than Zoro so Usopp is more deserving or good development in Elbaf than Zoro had in Wano” and I want you to think about this statement and ask yourself “Isn’t it Oda that’s responsible for the disparity in the writing quality between these characters? Isn’t it Oda who’s to blame for a lack of writing for any character? Why is it simply acceptable for Oda to be a bad writer in some regards for no reason?”

I actually have Wano as the worst arc in one piece for the main purpose of Zoros Usopps and Frankys treatment that arc and the character writing of them, or rather the non-existence of it.

Now I will say, I read this forum during Wano (shoutouts to my hero Finalbeta). The 99% of "real" zorofans here didn't criticize any of zoros writing or how oda treated him until a certain event happened, or rather didn't happen, lmao.

In fact Wano was the height of Oda glazing here ironically enough.

So I don't know how much I buy this seems like cope to me

He needed the panels for the scabbards
Wano is one of the 2 arcs where Zoro has the most paneltime of any strawhat post-ts beside Luffy. The panel time was not the issue.

I actually have Wano as the worst arc in one piece for the main purpose of Zoros Usopps and Frankys treatment that arc and the character writing of them, or rather the non-existence of it.

Now I will say, I read this forum during Wano (shoutouts to my hero Finalbeta). The 99% of "real" zorofans here didn't criticize any of zoros writing or how oda treated him until a certain event happened, or rather didn't happen, lmao.

In fact Wano was the height of Oda glazing here ironically enough.

So I don't know how much I buy this seems like cope to me

Wano is one of the 2 arcs where Zoro has the most paneltime of any strawhat post-ts beside Luffy. The panel time was not the issue.
Is that certain event him not visiting the grave

Yes because until that certain event was confirmed to not happen we still were keeping our hopes alive. But all the build up Zoro had in Wano (because he had and authentic Hero's Journey despite some people trying to deny it and blame everything on his "delusional fans") was resolved into the absolute nothingness.
And anyway lot of zorofans (like me) started to critizice the writing from Hakai moment, because It was clear it was a gimmick to downgrade Zoro into fighting a character he had no relation no build up with, King.

Yes because until that certain event was confirmed to not happen we still were keeping our hopes alive. But all the build up Zoro had in Wano (because he had and authentic Hero's Journey despite some people trying to deny it and blame it on his delusional fans) was resolved into the absolute nothingness.
And anyway lot of zorofans (like me) started to critizice the writing from Hakai moment, because It was clear it was a gimmick to downgrade Zoro into fighting a character he had no relation no build up with, King.
You trying to disprove what I said about character writing by claiming "ehm actually a lot of zoro fans critize oda for nerfing zoro for fighting after hakai" is so insanely funny I have no words. As if act 1 and 2 was great for that or any moment prior