Who did More to capture Garp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Let me try to sum up my feelings:

You can argue Kidd had it coming: From the prior clash with Beckmann, from now being worth 3 billion, whatever.

But Bartolomeo was *way* out of Shanks' league, and he passed the loyalty test by instantly swallowing the poison.

So, Shanks, who is supposed to be a better father to Luffy then his actual dad, encounters a overzealous supporter of him who is totally out of his depth. He could have just let the kid run, but chose to try and kill him anyway.

That is what I am up in arms about. As Shanks is now no better then Teach or Kaido or Big Mom, just another arrogant, cruel warlord throwing his weight around.
Could not say better myself, thank you man. A lot of people don't understand this.

You can argue Kidd had it coming: From the prior clash with Beckmann, from now being worth 3 billion, whatever.

But Bartolomeo was *way* out of Shanks' league, and he passed the loyalty test by instantly swallowing the poison.

So, Shanks, who is supposed to be a better father to Luffy then his actual dad, encounters a overzealous supporter of him who is totally out of his depth. He could have just let the kid run, but chose to try and kill him anyway.

That is what I am up in arms about. As Shanks is now no better then Teach or Kaido or Big Mom, just another arrogant, cruel warlord throwing his weight around.

Barto went to shanks's territory and attacked the civilians...

Barto ain't a fucking saint here

He didn’t kill Bartolomeo. Let’s wait for the scans, but we know Barto is alive because we’re told he’ll be involved with the rest of the fleet

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The speed is relative, there’s no evidence that it isn’t
Her TB got a drop of blood out of Kaidou & she was complaining about the impact that Kaidou's TB had despite blocking... a few chapters after their fight concluded.

So no. More evidence to say they on separate tiers rather than them being the same.

She can keep up with Kaido in combat speed and had an extended exchange offscreen too.
Didnt Kaidou fight in cqc with like g2/3 Luffy? That's the normal cqc speed he operates at.

"Kuzan being slow" agenda will age very badly, dude is peer to Kizaru (who has such high reaction speed it made Egghead Snakeman looks like fodder), moved to execution platform to the marineford bay in a fraction of second (still one of the hardest speed feat in the series even now).
Y'all don't want to go down that road because it's doomed to fail. I will still give Garp the edge in speed as this man is 100% physicality and haki (even more than swordsmen) but I'm going to point out everytime a "blitz" happened" Oda had Garp suggest Kuzan was troubled or going soft nonetheless.

Everyone accepted Kaido getting ragdolled a whole chapter by the scrubbards being due to his Oden PTSDs kicking in, but suggesting that a former admiral is troubled fighting his ex-mentor is somehow cope despite direct dialogue and facial expression strongly suggesting it

Makes it make sense

Doubters are scared shitless of Kuzan Egghead performance and want it to be his full power because the implications are terrifying otherwise.
Sadly my man was confirmed as part of the relevant Endgame boys with that famous spread, be ready for more Wuzan feats. Egghead was an appetizer

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Luzan fans have nightmares every night because of this page
Out of all the pages of Garp vs Kuzan, no Admiral fan gives a shit about this one lmfao

This was when Kuzan was openly stating concern for Garp, the fight was over for him at that point lol.

Garp blitzing Kuzan for Blue Hole was way worse than this moment. And even then, Kuzan is far from his prime, he has a fake leg and stopped training years ago.

The reason Shanks didn't go for the One Piece earlier and cried when Roger told him something when he left was, because Roger told him he is a Celestial Dragon and his family are the biggest assholes in the world

Garp needs to be alive to draw in Sengoku who Teach will defeat to get his fruit.
If that trully will be the reason then it's an ok reason to keep Garp alive and I am ready to take back what I am about to say.

But I think the reason is simply that he cares for some characters and doesn't want them to die even when with his own writing lead to a situation that demands it: like for Law, Kinnemon and Pound. Then he makes other irrelevant characters die for unnecessary reasons so that he can beat the "in One Piece nobody dies" allegations in the most cowardly possible manner. I'd rather see nobody dying instead of this.

"Kuzan being slow" agenda will age very badly, dude is peer to Kizaru (who has such high reaction speed it made Egghead Snakeman looks like fodder), moved to execution platform to the marineford bay in a fraction of second (still one of the hardest speed feat in the series even now).
Y'all don't want to go down that road because it's doomed to fail. I will still give Garp the edge in speed as this man is 100% physicality and haki (even more than swordsmen) but I'm going to point out everytime a "blitz" happened" Oda had Garp suggest Kuzan was troubled or going soft nonetheless.

Everyone accepted Kaido getting ragdolled a whole chapter by the scrubbards being due to his Oden PTSDs kicking in, but suggesting that a former admiral is troubled fighting his ex-mentor is somehow cope despite direct dialogue and facial expression strongly suggesting it, make it make sense

Doubters are scared shitless of Kuzan Egghead performance and want it to be his full power because the implications are terrifying otherwise.
Sadly my man was confirmed as part of the relevant Endgame boys with that famous spread, be ready for more Wuzan feats. Egghead was an appetizer
Tldr?

Barto took a guys tongue. He is brutal. I didn't think Luffy would ever have someone like that under him.
Yeah this fake outrage over Shanks defending his territories and repelling the enemies that messed with them is super fucking cringe.

People hating on shanks just to hate lol.

There's a hudred things wrong with current op and its writing. But shanks acting like how he's always acted, and staying true to his character is not one of them.

Everyone accepted Kaido getting ragdolled a whole chapter by the scrubbards being due to his Oden PTSDs kicking in, but suggesting that a former admiral is troubled fighting his ex-mentor is somehow cope despite direct dialogue and facial expression strongly suggesting it

Makes it make sense

Kizaru had a mental handicap going for him too.

Makes it make sense

went to war w a damaged nerfed old garp n looks like a mummy now keep him away from the yonko

Status
Not open for further replies.