• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Akainu better have CoC or advanced haki or else ill be so pissed

Kizaru ended up disappointing me so much : no adhaki, no awakening, no CoC

Kuzan also not having fs pains me
Exactly man. Admirals showed a lot of advanced haki at Marineford which Oda seems to have love to forgotten.

Does he forget that Akainu and Kuzan terraformed Punk Hazard permanently too?

@ZenZu now that I think of it Akainu being a FS expert is not really far fetched, especially when Kizaru was his main training partner for decades, he had to figure out a way to keep up with his speed. Also, with great power comes great responsibility, without control over the future it could be very hard for Akainu to control casualties, especially since magma is just volatile and explodes autonomously

It is ironic since most of the time he's angry, but this could open up multiple fighting modes, one derived by FS and the other by rage
Since Kuzan turned out to be a very agressive fighter with lots of openings Akainu might be very calm during battle as opossed to what you would expect of him.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Nothing suggests his freeze attacks are slow. Unless you are watching anime or something
His deep freezes have always been a multiple panel thing. His instant freezes are so fast nobody could even twitch.

This is blatant from Oda.

2 differences between those and his usual flash freeze or ice ball
1.he shows hands on contact
2.It is always shown to be much slower (with Kuzan's ice balls, flash freezes, there is no mid freeze panel it is always the end result shown instantly)

And it checks out, if his deep freezes did not have those extra conditions, he would be going around instantly one shotting everyone before they could blink.

Also just from Akainu's scar, you can see he doesn't need to hit a lot of area to leave a nasty wound.
Had Akainu not reacted in time to stop Kuzan's freezing, his whole body would look like his scar.
Probably yea, which goes with my point. His fastest attacks are incapable of doing that, Aokiji can potentially engulf Akainu in no time, like he did Garp and WB, it wouldn't leave that scar.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Then this happened

:josad:

I'm really banking on Kuzan wavering leading to weakened reactions, or Garp is just much much faster than your average top tier, or a mix of both.
How do you think old Garp stacks up when compared to Boundman Luffy (w/ FS, CoC & IDCoA)?

Both are mobile, physical brawlers with Soru/Geppou. Garp covering Hachinosu within a few Geppou bursts looked just like Boundman covering Onigashima against Kaidou tbh.

@ZenZu now that I think of it Akainu being a FS expert is not really far fetched, especially when Kizaru was his main training partner for decades, he had to figure out a way to keep up with his speed. Also, with great power comes great responsibility, without control over the future it could be very hard for Akainu to control casualties, especially since magma is just volatile and explodes autonomously

It is ironic since most of the time he's angry, but this could open up multiple fighting modes, one derived by FS and the other by rage
Akainu better have every fucking power up that exists in this verse or else he will be a major let down.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
I’m not gonna lie, I actually like this Shanks Bartolommeo situation. Probably the only thing I’ve liked in this manga since Garp vs Kuzan, 40 chapter ago.

reminds me of chapter 1 shanks having Lucky Roo just kill some random scrub bandit instead of just knocking everyone out with CoC… This man likes Murder as much as the next pirate… He’s not Luffy… Luffy is the one that Oda has to make up nonsense that “luffy destroys people’s dreams, so he doesn’t have to kill anyone”

But then again, Luffy is the main character and Shanks isn’t.

Anyway it’s new characterization of sorts that we learn Shanks even enjoys psychological torture and beating up weaklings who are running away. Alway good to get characterization. Especially when it affects the plot somewhat.

Maybe that’s why the only thing I liked about egghead was Garp vs Kuzan. That’s the only meaningful characterization that mattered in the ENTIRE ARC, even the overly depressing Kuma backstory that gives Kuma all this characterization doesn’t matter since he doesn’t have this characterization in the present day. He’s just a robot now so none of it matters outside “must protect Bonney”

But yeah, good job Oda. Two good chapters in the last 40 chapters is a record considering Wano was nonsense for like 70 chapters straight
Could not say it better myself btw, Garp vs Kuzan was my favourite part and the only truly enjoyable part of this godforsaken arc. Oda really fucked up worse than Wano and in half the time too. Speedrunning a ruination of an almost 30 year long series.

But since we reader have that knowledge, we can compare and we can safely say Luffy has almost nothing of a real pirate.
Actually you’re not comparing to “real pirates” you’re comparing to movie pirates. Or pirates from romantic novels. Or pirates from the point of view of the British or Portuguese they were terrorizing. Or Pirates from the lies those same pirates told about themselves to scare away the British or Portuguese making themselves seem more scary

And note, all the above is White. Very white. Very few of the above pirate stories you are comparing to ever mention the pirates who were just runaway African slaves, or simply Chinese pirates operating on the Chinese seas and anyone else.

So again, “pirate-like” is a nebulous term even in the real world and Oda isn’t bound to it even when making his own Pirate manga.

(Btw, this is the hardest I’ve defended Oda on anything in a long time, believe that I’m one of the top Oda haters on this site. But this specific point isn’t worth bring up to comment on Oda’s story)

Akainu better have every fucking power up that exists in this verse or else he will be a major let down.
As long as he gets the job done it doesn't matter what he has on paper
Many people were crying over Kizaru not having FS, but why would anyone care when Kizaru can treat Snakeman like another day at the office, contrary to FS users Kaido and Katakuri having trouble fighting it lol

As long as he gets the job done it doesn't matter what he has on paper
Many people were crying over Kizaru not having FS, but why would anyone care when Kizaru can treat Snakeman like another day at the office, contrary to FS users Kaido and Katakuri having trouble fighting it lol
Akainu is special. He needs to have comparable haki feats to guys like Shanks and Luffy or else he will make the marines look bad. They already look bad actually.

Actually you’re not comparing to “real pirates” you’re comparing to movie pirates. Or pirates from romantic novels. Or pirates from the point of view of the British or Portuguese they were terrorizing. Or Pirates from the lies those same pirates told about themselves to scare away the British or Portuguese making themselves seem more scary

And note, all the above is White. Very white. Very few of the above pirate stories you are comparing to ever mention the pirates who were just runaway African slaves, or simply Chinese pirates operating on the Chinese seas and anyone else.

So again, “pirate-like” is a nebulous term even in the real world and Oda isn’t bound to it even when making his own Pirate manga.

(Btw, I’m this is the hardest I’ve defended Oda on anything in a long time, believe that I’m one of the top Oda haters on this site. But this specific point isn’t worth bring up to comment on Oda’s story)
So the point Is that I am comparing a pirate manga to the overall standard for fictional pirates?
Well, yes.

BB is much more pirate like, but Roger Is too. WB was less, but still.

I am not saying It's negative: I am saying if one think about pirates, surely Luffy doesn't come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.