Who did More to capture Garp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, if we spend half the arc on pointless fighting again, I'll go insane. Ironically, this what a lot of people want from the series. All it takes is for one of the Admirals to fight a Yonko for all of Worstgen to cream their pants. Because fights and power-scaling matter more than the core themes of the story. In that sense, One Piece has already become a perfect replacement for DBZ.

Anyways, I think Elbaf will be roughly 50-60 chapters in length. I'm not even expecting a grand flashback, just a few lore dumps here and there. Have Usopp shine and interact with the giants. Have Robin meet Saul again. I think Oda is capable of doing the bare minimum. Let's hope for the best.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
It’s a bunch of ice cubes lmfao, no different from a peg leg. A useless appendage that keeps him standing up straight, little more. Aokiji was Soruing all over Marineford back when he was actively training. I doubt Kuzan can even pull off Soru.

Lol

I always see Akainu’s magma wanked to high heaven because his magma blew holes in Whitebeard and Kuma, melted steel from a distance, and potentially wounded/incinerated Crydo.

Well, the guy who matched Akainu’s AP for ten days straight has a useless Devil Fruit huh? Aokiji’s ice is just as lethal as Akainu’s beloved magma but apparently Aokiji’s fruit is useless? Lol

It’s time for y’all to stop micro analyzing Oda’s inconsistent as all hell feats and look at portrayal. Seriously, there is no consistency to this shit. Akainu’s Magma failed to gib Curiel one second and incinierated Pacifista armor the next second. Kizaru’s light kicks didn’t tickle Bonney one second and then casually bloodied exoskeleton Sanji the next second. Oda does whatever the fuck he wants. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

If Oda wants Aokiji’s ice time to one shot Kaido, Aokiji’s ice time one shots Kaido. If Oda wants Otama to escape ice time, Otama is escaping ice time. Portrayal is what matter. Oda could give less of a fuck about individual feats.
Kuzan never used ice time on panel in Hachinosu. I literally said ice time is still OHKO until proven otherwise.

I rank Aokiji's DF higher than Akainu's potential wise.

The difference is ice glove to the face = booboo, meigou to the face = byebye

It's Kuzan's sheer speed, AOE, and hax which is why I rate his df higher in theory, but it's just still in theory. Oda can be a lot more loose with it than he can with Akainu. Oda cornered himself with Akainu's fruit, he has no choice but to make it maim individuals everytime he lands clean, whereas with Kuzan he has characters ignoring being frozen left and right.

Last edited:

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Then this happened

:josad:

I'm really banking on Kuzan wavering leading to weakened reactions, or Garp is just much much faster than your average top tier, or a mix of both.

I think its a mix of both, Garp speed blitzed Marco who is a phoenix ofc. And thats at 80 and half of his strength/prime, according to himself at Beehive.

Emotional state definitely does affect your fighting capability and strength just like IRL. Martial arts movies/stories make a big deal out of this too.

If people deny this, they are blatantly biased and want to downplay certain characters for their own agendas or they really do not understand this concept or read the series properly.

Kuzan was emotionally conflicted, this was the most difficult battle of his life for himself aside from fighting Akainu to the death and taking part in Ohara, as far as we know. This is his lifelong mentor, his father figure presumably, the man who made him who he is now and made him become so strong and successful.
Anyone who is not emotionally stunted/impaired at all can see this. The guy is conflicted like Kizaru, Oda loves writing nuance like this when he wants to.

In a series themed all around AMBITION and thus conquering and dreams, fearlessness and such, naturally anything that makes you feel conflicted, will weaken your ambition and ambition is LITERALLY HAKI so your haki gets weakened too.

Oda outright told us this with Luffy vs Katakuri especially too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/17cnn9k

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
How do you think old Garp stacks up when compared to Boundman Luffy (w/ FS, CoC & IDCoA)?

Both are mobile, physical brawlers with Soru/Geppou. Garp covering Hachinosu within a few Geppou bursts looked just like Boundman covering Onigashima against Kaidou tbh.
That would be an absolute spectacle to witness. Now that you mention it, boundman is Luffy doping to gain a Garp like physique/skillset. I think Garp is one of the few characters who can straight up match or overpower Boundman without any extra gimmicks or dfs, or advanced haki. Like if he wanted just bare bones armament and he can duke it out and overpower Boundman even. He's built like a complete unit, and his bursts of speed and power is pretty nuts.

See even after this chapter I still have this eerie feeling more than ever that there is a level of betrayal coming from Shanks to Luffy. It just feels like he's using him for something (be it for a Nika for whatever reason), and how is it that Oda has only ever drawn Apoo and Kanjuro this way (looking to their left)? Especially because looking away generally means someone isnt being truthful (all of Luffy's silly gags for example when he's shit at lying lol)

Like for Kanjuro and Apoo, these volume covers came out hundreds of chapters before their betrayals were known.

Just seems like its too purposeful to be a coincidence to me, and attacking Barto this violently really just adds to the point om making. Let alone his Gorosei meeting or thousand odd looks he gives when he talks about Luffy or his goals.

One thing that always was suspicious about Shanks was that he just happened to find about a WG warship holding the Gomu-Gomu no Mi.

Or that he just decided to sail to a random island in the East Blue....where the son of his captain just happened to live there.

I can't say for sure why he never acted on becoming Roger's successor, but I believe he was looking to find Ace, but Luffy ate the fruit instead, and he simply had to make do and took Luffy as his pawn instead of Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.