Who did More to capture Garp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Kuzan never used ice time on panel in Hachinosu. I literally said ice time is still OHKO until proven otherwise.

I rank Aokiji's DF higher than Akainu's potential wise.

The difference is ice block to the face = booboo, meigou to the face = byebye

It's Kuzan's sheer speed, AOE, and hax which is why I rate his df higher in theory, but it's just still in theory. Oda can be a lot more loose with it than he can with Akainu. Oda cornered himself with Akainu's fruit, he has no choice but to make it maim individuals everytime he lands clean, whereas with Kuzan he has characters ignoring being frozen left and right.
I was just using ice time as an example, lmfao

Any of Aokiji’s moves are as lethal as Oda wants them to be, there’s nothing else to it

If Aokiji’s ice is as lethal as Akainu’s magma (it is), then you either believe the instances of Garp and Whitebeard surviving ice ball was because Oda is a hack, Aokiji was holding back, or 90% of Akainu’s arsenal is just as irrelevant as Aokiji’s. Lol

See even after this chapter I still have this eerie feeling more than ever that there is a level of betrayal coming from Shanks to Luffy. It just feels like he's using him for something (be it for a Nika for whatever reason), and how is it that Oda has only ever drawn Apoo and Kanjuro this way (looking to their left)? Especially because looking away generally means someone isnt being truthful (all of Luffy's silly gags for example when he's shit at lying lol)

Like for Kanjuro and Apoo, these volume covers came out hundreds of chapters before their betrayals were known.

Just seems like its too purposeful to be a coincidence to me, and attacking Barto this violently really just adds to the point om making. Let alone his Gorosei meeting or thousand odd looks he gives when he talks about Luffy or his goals.
3 rats spotted

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I was just using ice time as an example, lmfao

Any of Aokiji’s moves are as lethal as Oda wants them to be, there’s nothing else to it

If Aokiji’s ice is as lethal as Akainu’s magma (it is), then you either believe the instances of Garp and Whitebeard surviving ice ball was because Oda is a hack, Aokiji was holding back, or 90% of Akainu’s arsenal is just as irrelevant as Aokiji’s. Lol
Like I said, unfortunately the difference is Oda cornered himself with Akainu. With Aokiji he can dance around the point, it's such an overused anime trope, where characters just bust out of freezes.

Akainu's magma propelled by explosive power, Oda literally has no choice but to maim characters everytime it lands clean. He can afford characters just take ice glove punches to the face, or just ignore ice block. He cannot do the same for Akainu's moveset. The best bet is defending or dodging, tanking leads to death.

I still think their dfs are equal or Kuzan has the edge at max potential. But in low end showings, Akainu is a donut machine.

Kuzan never used ice time on panel in Hachinosu. I literally said ice time is still OHKO until proven otherwise.

I rank Aokiji's DF higher than Akainu's potential wise.

The difference is ice glove to the face = booboo, meigou to the face = byebye

It's Kuzan's sheer speed, AOE, and hax which is why I rate his df higher in theory, but it's just still in theory. Oda can be a lot more loose with it than he can with Akainu. Oda cornered himself with Akainu's fruit, he has no choice but to make it maim individuals everytime he lands clean, whereas with Kuzan he has characters ignoring being frozen left and right.
Some of that is down to personality
Akainu and green bull are far more aggressive than the others and more likely to use attacks that gets things done .

It’s not fully developed because Usopp can’t yet fight for his own dream yet. He doesn’t have that pride in himself yet. However, he’s willing to fight for others cause he believes his life is worth much less than there’s.

Elbaf arc isn’t about courage, it’s about pride. Usopp needs to learn pride that his own dream is worth risking his life.
Damn I actually really like this.

Usopp has already proven he can put his life on the line for his crew and friends. He's already stood up for people he has no connections or commitment to (Dressrosa) but he has never actually fought for his own pride like Dorry and Brogy were doing.

Let's see if Oda comes up with something compeling with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.