Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I’m not trying to whine and cry about being given shit for a mislynch…but I think you know exactly what I'm talking about, Mango was a dead ringer and he did his absolute best to make himself as such.

I also think that if Orca/Relo are two blocking utilities and both scum this explains just about everything about how Kiku has been getting fucked with at the same time that other players have been getting blocked as well

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Anyway I'll address this now - Mango can suck a fat chode and that shit isn't on me

The fact that Mango flipped was lurking most of the day and then popping in at the end after he was hammered is absolutely pathetic. Really did fuck all to differentiate himself from being scum. A big part of the problem with playing here is that players here not only aggressively suck but make a competitive sport out of aggressively sucking.
I mean, I don't disagree with Mango earning it. And I'm not blaming you for it. Just, you have to consider my perspective here. I'm already having to make very charitable assumptions about the likes of Red Night just because of who is in front of them.

What the issue really boils down to is that pretty much all of your play I can fit into the mould of a respectable scum game. So I also have to co Sixers what I'd rather lose to as well which I really shouldn't be. But you know, losing to an Orca who didn't play since Day 1 would be worse.

At the same time, I look at, say, killing York. Janitor, Night 3? Who does that? Was it a self janitor? What would killing York accomplish? Mafia presumably would want them alive for Serial spec. Could the angle possibly work that it comes from Soul? Not really, he's lost his best scapegoat for Serial. But could it work to cast doubt on Soul's role, with York's left unknown? Does it even actually cast doubt, with the presumption being that York was town? It's so left field. Is that what a scum team of Orca/Reloaded kill? Maybe?

I'm basically having to question if the kills serve merit and ha e thought behind them, or if they're pinning the tail on the donkey so to speak. I'm sure that yiu can appreciate that it's difficult to solve when your choices are "scum game with a coherent pattern with a win con in a mind" and "scum game with no pattern and no strategy behind it".

Only potential gap I can think of in my worldview right now is that probably at least one member of the scum team has to be paying close attention or somewhat competent. Because not gonna lie up until yesterday when it got brought up I didn’t even realize York claimed duelist day 1 lol. So they must have seen that and started fucking with her right away.

Then again they used a janitor after everyone already claimed soooo maybe not

Ratchet

Like even now, I find my position softening and I'm starting to lean more towards it being Orca.

But take the janitor. Is that scum that's just clueless and using their abilities whenever? Or is it scum thats trying to make you think that? Generally I would disregard the latter, because a janitor would be worth it more early and it's unlikely scum night a have a plan in mind to blame the incompetent. I just feel myself going in circles being no closer to answer I feel good about.

Ratchet

Only potential gap I can think of in my worldview right now is that probably at least one member of the scum team has to be paying close attention or somewhat competent. Because not gonna lie up until yesterday when it got brought up I didn’t even realize York claimed duelist day 1 lol. So they must have seen that and started fucking with her right away.

Then again they used a janitor after everyone already claimed soooo maybe not
But then my question is why is a duelist so important for them to stop?

Pretty much only Orca's role could affect it from what is claimed though.

I mean, I don't disagree with Mango earning it. And I'm not blaming you for it. Just, you have to consider my perspective here. I'm already having to make very charitable assumptions about the likes of Red Night just because of who is in front of them.

What the issue really boils down to is that pretty much all of your play I can fit into the mould of a respectable scum game. So I also have to co Sixers what I'd rather lose to as well which I really shouldn't be. But you know, losing to an Orca who didn't play since Day 1 would be worse.

At the same time, I look at, say, killing York. Janitor, Night 3? Who does that? Was it a self janitor? What would killing York accomplish? Mafia presumably would want them alive for Serial spec. Could the angle possibly work that it comes from Soul? Not really, he's lost his best scapegoat for Serial. But could it work to cast doubt on Soul's role, with York's left unknown? Does it even actually cast doubt, with the presumption being that York was town? It's so left field. Is that what a scum team of Orca/Reloaded kill? Maybe?

I'm basically having to question if the kills serve merit and ha e thought behind them, or if they're pinning the tail on the donkey so to speak. I'm sure that yiu can appreciate that it's difficult to solve when your choices are "scum game with a coherent pattern with a win con in a mind" and "scum game with no pattern and no strategy behind it".
No offense but I honestly don't get how you can reconcile me being scum at all here. If you forget about your PoE for a second, how does me being scum hold up? Because from my POV I think it has to assume a comical level of incompetence on my part. Killing you N1 after you town read me, and how we both would have looked bad off Polar. The late janitor (assuming this isn't borne out of some other weird circumstance). Being in tandem with you reads wise basically on everything, except for like Soul? You reconcile all this as a respectable scum game lol. Feel like 0 chance I do any of this shit as scum.

Like even now, I find my position softening and I'm starting to lean more towards it being Orca.

But take the janitor. Is that scum that's just clueless and using their abilities whenever? Or is it scum thats trying to make you think that? Generally I would disregard the latter, because a janitor would be worth it more early and it's unlikely scum night a have a plan in mind to blame the incompetent. I just feel myself going in circles being no closer to answer I feel good about.
Simplest explanation is that they're just not familiar with the convention or the utility of using a janitor asap

Ratchet

No offense but I honestly don't get how you can reconcile me being scum at all here. If you forget about your PoE for a second, how does me being scum hold up? Because from my POV I think it has to assume a comical level of incompetence on my part. Killing you N1 after you town read me, and how we both would have looked bad off Polar. The late janitor (assuming this isn't borne out of some other weird circumstance). Being in tandem with you reads wise basically on everything, except for like Soul? You reconcile all this as a respectable scum game lol. Feel like 0 chance I do any of this shit as scum.
1 - This point isn't as convincing as you think it is. You've killed me Night 1 before, and moreover I think you can anticipate that Polar's legacy is unlikely to be regarded by most. So the idea that you would need me alive to share the blame after Day 1 I don't find to be all that compelling. I also think you probably regard my town game higher than the town game of most if not all the other players in the game, which could be reason enough to kill Night 1 when I'm less likely to draw protection after being wrong on Polar.

2 - That's part of it - who knows really what caused it. I do accept the point in principle, that you're more likely to use it early than late. My argument would be, if you think your fakes can hold up or you need the role that killed Night 1 used more than the janitor. So there are explanations for it that isn't simply incompetence.

3 - I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say I've had a poor to very poor game. So being in tandem with my reads isn't that great to me. I would also say that when you deal with a treestump that's playing poorly, you kind of need to agree with them as scum, but you don't want it to look like you're propping up a bad worldview. So the task really becomes "how can I get the confirmed townie onside long enough". So, again, I don't think this has to come from incompetence.

I do appreciate that should you be town, my contention may seem ridiculous. Consider it a product of thinking entirely too much about this game for what it was ever worth thinking about, and that I've struggled finding lots of players town, partly due to my own ineptitude, and partly due to the playere themselves. This is kind of the end result - forlorn resignation where I begin to pick and choose what I would rather lose to, than focus on how to win.

In any case with York dead I'd have to assume Watson is lying for Reloaded to be town I think so...

Actually, might be a remote possibility I'm getting Aurelian'd here. You don't think that's the case Ratchet kun...right...

Something to shed light on regarding RN, he never claimed how many shots he has, so maybe infinite. Like if you believe Watson claim that RN visited reloaded then why does a cop have more shots than a tracker?

Also in my world, if RN is indeed scum, then why the fuck does he visit reloaded who we assume is also scum here? It’s either reloaded is scum or RN is scum. There is no inbetween.

one of RN or reloaded is scum. Let’s see what RN has to say regarding reloaded here first.

Ratchet

In any case with York dead I'd have to assume Watson is lying for Reloaded to be town I think so...

Actually, might be a remote possibility I'm getting Aurelian'd here. You don't think that's the case Ratchet kun...right...
About Watson? No, I can certainly see the angle but not with her responses today in particular. And Fuji... what would we even say about Fuji. I'll just assume town, if I lose to AtE and coward then oh well.

Ratchet

Something to shed light on regarding RN, he never claimed how many shots he has, so maybe infinite. Like if you believe Watson claim that RN visited reloaded then why does a cop have more shots than a tracker?

Also in my world, if RN is indeed scum, then why the fuck does he visit reloaded who we assume is also scum here? It’s either reloaded is scum or RN is scum. There is no inbetween.

one of RN or reloaded is scum. Let’s see what RN has to say regarding reloaded here first.
Cop can easily have more shots than Tracker.

Also for what it’s worth, ekko motivated me last Night and I should have been able to do double actions, but it’s not applicable to my role. So it was for nothing really and no it did not help in unlocking my locked ability either.

1 - This point isn't as convincing as you think it is. You've killed me Night 1 before, and moreover I think you can anticipate that Polar's legacy is unlikely to be regarded by most. So the idea that you would need me alive to share the blame after Day 1 I don't find to be all that compelling. I also think you probably regard my town game higher than the town game of most if not all the other players in the game, which could be reason enough to kill Night 1 when I'm less likely to draw protection after being wrong on Polar.

2 - That's part of it - who knows really what caused it. I do accept the point in principle, that you're more likely to use it early than late. My argument would be, if you think your fakes can hold up or you need the role that killed Night 1 used more than the janitor. So there are explanations for it that isn't simply incompetence.

3 - I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say I've had a poor to very poor game. So being in tandem with my reads isn't that great to me. I would also say that when you deal with a treestump that's playing poorly, you kind of need to agree with them as scum, but you don't want it to look like you're propping up a bad worldview. So the task really becomes "how can I get the confirmed townie onside long enough". So, again, I don't think this has to come from incompetence.

I do appreciate that should you be town, my contention may seem ridiculous. Consider it a product of thinking entirely too much about this game for what it was ever worth thinking about, and that I've struggled finding lots of players town, partly due to my own ineptitude, and partly due to the playere themselves. This is kind of the end result - forlorn resignation where I begin to pick and choose what I would rather lose to, than focus on how to win.
I'm going to try and put aside the fact that you think I'm a total fucking pussy here or something, apparently. Who is getting blamed for that mislynch? There's really only one logical answer. I would also say that conversely, would be a dumb move specifically because you're one of the few people here that isn't super polarized.

Also do feel the need to point out we were on the same page before you died as well. There's a far more obvious explanation here for this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.