Questions & Mysteries Imu & BM parallels and DFs creation

Anime give some signals about Imu could be in a female body due to its weird voice:

So lets look at if there are other similarities:

Big mom appeared first as silhouette on the throne, eating things similar to Imu eating Sabo's fire attack:

Both blame their female ally for their own failures:

''If Lily didn't screw up''

''If she married''

Linlin is called Big ''Mom''.

Imu could be possibly called ''Mother'' of Nature as well if Imu is related to DF having sea curse but for now that remains to be seen if Imu is responsible for the sea curse or not.

Now the more interesting thing is:

- Imu gives power to 5 Elders and they turn into seemingly indestructible living beings:

Possibly its related their ''souls'' having a connection with Imu and their own devil so they can keep regenerating not taking damage.

- Is Big mom's special ''soul'' homies similar to this?

Armament Haki is not working, worse news than a Logia, just like 5 Elders, special homies are regenerating very fast or recreating their body fast just like 5 Elders.

They have to put special homies in separate places and keep them busy since they couldn't destroy them with Haki or other different techniques:

Similar to 5 Elder having free will, we see Zeus had free will as well and go up against even BM:

But since its directly connected to BM, she can take their power easily:

Similar to Saturn disobeying Imu's orders to destroy Emet:

That leads to Imu taking his powers back:

Just like Imu creates another new 5 Elder member Garling and replaced Saturn with Garling, BM also created a new special homie and replaced Zeus with Hera.

Also BM gave DF to Kaido, and she claims Kaido is in her debt for life. Similar to how Imu gave powers to Elders.

Now another interesting thing is, is it similar that how regular Devil Fruits are created after something like Imu taking the Devil power back?

Because BM was suppose to take Zeus's power back:

But Zeus somehow managed to escape inside of Nami's climate baton.

We know DFs goes into new fruits after the user dies, so someone eats it and gets their new power, but sometimes they even put the Devil Fruits into other objects as well:

A devil fruit inside of a sword or inside of a gun and it turns into a living gun dog, or living sword elephant.

I wonder if Devil Fruits are created like that, somehow they lose their first original power like we see from Saturn losing his power, and their devil power tried to escape instead of accepting total destruction similar to how Zeus escaped from BM, and somehow the devils survived but in return, the new devil fruit users won't have the regeneration and they can't swim.

What are your theories about this?

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Anime give some signals about Imu could be in a female body due to its weird voice:

Big mom appeared first as silhouette on the throne, eating things similar to Imu eating Sabo's fire attack:

''If she married''

Imu could be possibly called ''Mother'' of Nature as well if Imu is related to DF having sea curse but for now that remains to be seen if Imu is responsible for the sea curse or not.

- Imu gives power to 5 Elders and they turn into seemingly indestructible living beings:

Possibly its related their ''souls'' having a connection with Imu and their own devil so they can keep regenerating not taking damage.

Armament Haki is not working, worse than a Logia, just like 5 Elders, special homies are regenerating very fast or recreating their body fast just like 5 Elders.

They have to put special homies in separate places and keep them busy since they couldn't destroy them with Haki or other different techniques:

Similar to 5 Elder having free will, we see Zeus had free will as well and go up against even BM:

Just like Imu creates another new 5 Elder member Garling and replaced Saturn with Garling, BM also created a new special homie and replaced Zeus with Hera.

Now another interesting thing is, is it similar that how regular Devil Fruits are created after something like Imu taking the Devil power back?

We know DFs goes into new fruits after the user dies, so someone eats it and gets their new power, but sometimes they even put the Devil Fruits into other objects as well:

A devil fruit inside of a sword or inside of a gun and it turns into a living gun dog, or living sword elephant.

I wonder if Devil Fruits are created like that, somehow they lose their first original power like we see from Saturn losing his power, and their devil power tried to escape instead of accepting total destruction similar to how Zeus escaped from BM, and somehow the devils survived but in return, the new devil fruit users won't have the regeneration and they can't swim.

At this point, I think cutting a Fruit/shooting a Fruit the right way will turn a sword or gun into a User.

My question is; can a swordsman absorb a Devil Fruit power by killing a Devil Fruit user, the way Teach and Linlin absorbed their powers.

I like this Theory, it got solid points.
I believe Kaidou was Final "Power" Villain who Invaded Wano, while Big Mom was his Secondary Villain who Rules Totto Land
I think Next Major Villain is Final "Wealth" Villain who Invaded or will Invade Elbaf, while Imu is his Secondary Villain who Rules Mary Geoise

When One Piece Started, First Three Arcs taught us True Meaning of Power, Wealth & Fame through Zoro, Nami & Usopp,
Bravery/Willpower is what brings True Power
Loyalty is what brings True Wealth
Love is what brings True Fame

Big Mom's Powers don't work on Brave People or those with Strong Willpower, it relied on Fear instead
So in my opinion, Imu's Powers only works on Disloyal People,
It's like once you Signed a Deal with Imu, you can't go back, otherwise you get Saturn's Fate

As for how those Yokai are Created, i agree that They resemble Homies, and Souls are used to create Homies,
Remember that Big Mom used to take a Soul Tax from Totto Land Inhabitants,
So i believe Yokai are Created using what Imu/WG is forcing Kingdoms to pay, which is Heavenly Tribute (Their Treasures)

I believe Imu's Powers is about extracting People's Desires from their Treasures & using that to Create Yokai (Similar to Big Mom)
Why did i say Desires? Cuz that's what Treasures represent and also because there is a Theory of 16 Desires,
Which explains why CDs love the Number 16, it represents Human Desires

So yeah, i agree with Imu being Next Big Mom
Who's this Saga's Kaidou? It might be Blackbeard or Man With Burn Scar

Interesting. In a way at first sight it could seem almost Imu df could be the superior version of BM devil fruit, it would suit for this secret world demon to have a df a step above a yonko's, even if it doesn't still feel totally right.

The main difference is that BM produces everything (body, soul, power) on her own while Im needs an host for his power. And the strongest it is the best it is (at least considering he choose Garling who is his strongest human underling and most likely because he is a CD, probably that is a must for Im one way or another, be it simple racism or actually a more serious, functional, reason).

And at this point it is also interesting to guess.. if Im takes away the powers of the original elders then they will all wither away and die like Saturn, but if he decides to remove it from Garling would he die on the spot? I'm not sure, for the elders Im gave them a df like power but also immortality both in the ability to regenerate indefinitely and don't age despite being centuries old, so you remove the power and they get the age they should have at that point (and so be reduced to dust just like Saturn), that is the reason Saturn really died for me. And so Garling, if he get Im powers seemingly like nothing (Saturn lost his power and died and soon after Garling stepped among the elders, it is also true that maybe he for now is just an elder in status and did not yet receive Im powers but I doubt it) then maybe he could also supposedly lose them (Im takes them back) without dying, yet now that I think about it this is dubious too, these powers are too much akin a devil fruit power and we never saw somebody lose their df powers without losing their life too.. maybe the df "soul" and the host's fuse to a degree and that is also because the fruits too follow their inherited will (at least to a degree and depending in the fruits: the mera from Ace to Sabo, the gomu from Joyboy to Luffy, also eluding the elders and Im for centuries, probably the yami too).

Then it could also be that Im in this regard is some sort of being with specialities similar or superior to BB. He can host multiple dfs (6? More?) and even grant or take back this df powers to and from his followers. But it should be even more complex since he has a "set" of evil yokai mythical dfs to say the least (indeed some sort of mother of dfs, mother sea, some sort of living tree of the devil fruits in a twisted way? Who knows), anyway for sure he is heavily connected to dfs, even the WG giving powerful logias to admirals has some chances to be ultimately linked to Im. Anyway this power/knowledge/whatever over dfs could be (and probably is) the main reason BB is all focused on the WG/Marijoa, becoming the king of the world per Xebec will would simply be the certain conclusion after he steals(?) Xebec powers (to augment/complete his own powers?) like he did for BB, steal the knowledge etc. and of course kill Im for good in the process.

Then there is also the moon to add in the equation, does Im comes from the moon or space (maybe), will this be linked to BB and his moon connection too? The moon is still mysterious, BB and Luffy are opposed as moon and sun obviously but Im could butt in too in this mythology since he clearly hates the sun god Nika. Still too soon to delve so deep (for what I tried to speculate here) but the similarities with BM are there, good find.

''If she married''

Armament Haki is not working, worse than a Logia, just like 5 Elders, special homies are regenerating very fast or recreating their body fast just like 5 Elders.

Good catch! I hope Imu is female AND gets no redemption arc whatsoever. Let her be a villain through and through.

Look at these scenes. Both Saturn and Moscato beg for mercy (and Moscato also has a very large amount of his lifespan taken away). Both Imu and Big Mom alike have spiraling eyes when taking life force.

Those Who Carry the Will of D.
Going a bit further back into the Egghead arc, we learned that some people are hiding their full names - that they are hiding their Will of D. – with the Nefertari family, as one of their ancestors was the Princess Nefertari D. Lili. And even going further back, we have Trafalgar Law whose full name is revealed to be Trafalgar D. Water Law. This development seemingly approaches its climax with Chapter 1120, and Professor Clover revealing he too has a D. in his name. He was Clou D. Clover.

A big part of the chapter seems to be the focus on the relationship between Clover and Vegapunk. They talk about the "Voices of the Past", and Clover expresses his frustration with the fact that his brother was killed right in front of him simply because of his name, and frustration at his own decision to denounce his brother as nothing more than a friend, to save his own life. Clover has had enough of it and urges Vegapunk to help him with his goal of learning the true history of this world.

Vegapunk, of course, says no, but after learning of Clover's death, he obviously has changed his mind. Vegapunk willingly puts himself in danger and decides to continue Clover's research, carrying his Will (of D.). Lastly, Vegapunk has already mentioned those who carry the Will of D. in his announcement, and the chapter ends with Vegapunk mentioning Gol D.

When the series started, we learned of the man regarded as the "King of the Pirates", Gold Roger. It wasn't until the Drum Island arc that we learned (from a 140-year-old Kureha) that his name was actually Gol D. Roger. The government hid his real name once he reached Laugh Tale, just like how they tried to hide Luffy's real name after he had defeated Kaido with the Awakened Nika fruit.

And now, Vegapunk has mentioned, and possibly revealed the truth to most of the world, that Roger carried the Will of D. That he explored the entire world, reached the Final Island, and learned the truth of this world. Pandora's Box has been opened, and it's time for the world, and the readers, to learn the meaning of the Will of D.

I think the importance of the final panel of Chapter 1120 lies within the ages of the prisoners. Much like Kureha, all of them look really old, indicating that they come from a time when they still remember Gold Roger being known by his real name. This is the only real revelation, other than the origin of Devil Fruits, that I can see being big enough to top every reveal so far, while still keeping the biggest mystery of the series a secret.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
very nice thread
i can also see either Garling or Peter directly opposing Imu in the future
Post automatically merged:

not sure what we're supposed to think about the Gorosei dfs

Good catch! I hope Imu is female AND gets no redemption arc whatsoever. Let her be a villain through and through.
While I don't agree with imu being female (Kanji used for saint was male one iirc) , imu does shares similarities with BM's sharing ability.
Maybe something like Ope DF's body swapped with a female but interesting thing is when Law swapped bodies they still somehow kept their original voices, so that should be Imu's original voice still.
At this point, I think cutting a Fruit/shooting a Fruit the right way will turn a sword or gun into a User.

My question is; can a swordsman absorb a Devil Fruit power by killing a Devil Fruit user, the way Teach and Linlin absorbed their powers.
You mean like Zeus escaped to Nami's weapon? Perhaps if the devil wants to escape there like Zeus wanted.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Maybe something like Ope DF's body swapped with a female but interesting thing is when Law swapped bodies they still somehow kept their original voices, so that should be Imu's original voice still.

You mean like Zeus escaped to Nami's weapon? Perhaps if the devil wants to escape there like Zeus wanted.
Reincarnation is very likely real in the One Piece world.

We could see Saturn again. Hope he's... like, less grumpy, and evil, this time.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Decent parallels between them.
I think you are off on the DFs creation, we already know how they are created - through desire(willpower).
Also, smol nitpick, this ain't a parallel:
eating things similar to Imu eating Sabo's fire attack
She isn't eating anything in that scene, just her stomach acid dripping and burning the ground.

I forgot about another one: BM gave Kaido his DF power.

Reincarnation is very likely real in the One Piece world.

We could see Saturn again. Hope he's... like, less grumpy, and evil, this time.
Perhaps Saturn's devil ability shows up somewhere as a new DF.

Decent parallels between them.
I think you are off on the DFs creation, we already know how they are created - through desire(willpower).
It could be both. Devils that want to escape and survive from destruction could use those human dreams to transform.
Also, smol nitpick, this ain't a parallel:

She isn't eating anything in that scene, just her stomach acid dripping and burning the ground.
She was eating one page before that;

Great thread. I'm liking the idea of Imu essentially being a victorious Big Mom and is content with their situation but is willing to destroy anyone that would disrupt their order. With all of the connections you made. I can't help but think that Imu will heavily connect with the origins of Devil Fruits and their weakness to the sea. Perhaps Imu was the one to curse the fruits as a way to thwart people from eating them and challenging Imu. Not that it did any good for them lol.
The other thing I wanted to throw in there, is that Imu bears a great resemblance to the japanse yokai known as the Umibozu

Lastly It would make a lot of sense why Blackbeard was obsessed with finding the Yami Yami no Mi because it would be the only devil fruit in his mind capable of killing Imu and taking the Eternal throne for himself