You are the only one who is giving pity.

Pity is a feeling. Pity does not protect.

What do you do when you see a woman harrassed by 5 men in front of you ? You ignore the situation in order not to give the woman your "pity" or you try to help her ?
I'll answer this, because everything else is a diatribe. I've made my point on sources in the previous point, refer to them and move on.

If I see a woman being harassed by 5 men, what would I do? I'd obviously step in - as I have done in my personal life before. Almost got my ass beat for it as well (no way can I take 5 blokes lmao).

But that does not mean all men are abusers and all women are oppressed. I will step in when something is genuinely egregious, rather than bang the drum of oppression politics.

Whilst I agree with you, Al, isn't it somewhat odd that Logiko can churn out allegories that insinuates that laughing at Christians is fair game, but nobody can make jokes about his illness?

I am not saying it is fine to make a mockery of his condition; but it feels as if there is a double-standard there.
he is trying to debate based on his beliefs and whatnot rather then mocking the religion itself if you look closely so it can't be helped even we disagree with his point of views

You are free to do what you want. We are in a democracy.. I think

:kata:
They don’t always make me laugh and sometimes I think they’re being rude but getting mad at a caricature is extreme. And the left is full of people like that who hate drawings. I see that so often from me lefty surrounding that keeps being appalled by a drawing every single time Charlie Hebdo gets a minute of glory

If I see a woman being harassed by 5 men, what would I do? I'd obviously step in - as I have done in my personal life before. Almost got my ass beat for it as well (no way can I take 5 blokes lmao).
So you agree that when you see someone in danger of an oppression, you step in.

So why does this mindset stops to muslims ?

They don’t always make me laugh and sometimes I think they’re being rude but getting mad at a caricature is extreme. And the left is full of people like that who hate drawings. I see that so often from me lefty surrounding that keeps being appalled by a drawing every single time Charlie Hebdo gets a minute of glory
The problem is not the caricature in itself (even if it is islamophobic), the problem is the context and how this caricature can help spread reactionnary ideas.

There are ways to make dark humor without taking a dump on the oppressed while we are at it. Good humor laughs at the power and the system, not at those who are suffering.

So you agree that when you see someone in danger of an oppression, you step in.

So why does this mindset stops to muslims ?
The mindset never stops at anyone, lmao. What a fucking reach, my dude.

When I see someone being abused I step in. I don't act like their saviour in all moments of life. I don't advocate for them. I will simply assist when it's valid, and criticise when it is not.
Post automatically merged:

we've the ignore function for a reason
Touché.

Are you using the oppression you suffered to say that others should suffer too ?
yes

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." - Romans 12:18
Every forum and comment section has that one guy who communicates through Bible quotes :kobeha:

I do not wish anybody to suffer. I reach out my hand to those in need.
OK Mother Teresa

People do not need your pity
And they don't need your prayers either
What do you do when you see a woman harrassed by 5 men in front of you ?
I bet he'd pray for them, it's all God's plan anyway. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

So.. you agree that we must protect muslims from oppression then ?

:brootea:
Nope. I agree that we must protect anybody who is being attacked physically or verbally when it is unjust. The issue with your argument is that you are creating divisions between people through highlighting specific groups.

My "justice" so to speak is not reserved for one group - it is based on morality, not oppression politics. If a man is being assaulted by four others, I'll likely step in. It doesn't matter if he is brown, black, white, Asian. It doesn't matter if he has markers of the Islamic faith or Christianity. It is the right thing to do.

Stop trying to divide people.
Post automatically merged:

yes

Every forum and comment section has that one guy who communicates through Bible quotes :kobeha:

OK Mother Teresa

And they don't need your prayers either

I bet he'd pray for them, it's all God's plan anyway. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Did you not read what I wrote in response about what I'd do if someone was being attacked? Or are you still stung that I called you out for being a contrarian?

I may be a Christian, but that does not mean I believe prayer will suffice when someone is in danger.

Nope. I agree that we must protect anybody who is being attacked physically or verbally when it is unjust. The issue with your argument is that you are creating divisions between people through highlighting specific groups.
So you agree that we must protect anyone who is being attacked verbally or physically when it is unjust... but this mindset stops at muslims's oppression.

Got it !

So you agree that we must protect anyone who is being attacked verbally or physically when it is unjust... but this mindset stops at muslims's oppression.

Got it !
If you say so dude. I just said I'd step in for a Muslim? Way to rewrite reality.

The difference is the axioms upon which I act. I don't believe all Muslims are disadvantaged. I will help a struggling man or woman (so long as they accept my help). You believe all of them are, so you think it's important to drum about oppression all day.