Which character is stronger?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
There are yonko who actually run empires, make plans ,make moves:
BBP
BMP
BP

Yonko who run empire but don't want OP or didn't make moves for it till lately :
WBP
RHP

Then you have frauds :
Buggy --> they don't deserve it and will rely on Buggy's luck
Luffy and his crew --> they just go wherever allies lead them , they job a lot to weak people . They rely on Luffy's luck (aka Nika)
Yeah this fraud has 3 ponegliffs and he is the closest person to one piece, what a scam.

:suresure:

Being an emperor requires to have a planner/politician side ; even a "brute" like Kaido still had the whole smile deal for his crew going on, on top of having all of Wano enslaved for resources. Even Shanks waited for his rivals to fall to go after the One Piece and has secret talks with the Gorosei.

The antithesis of Luffy, he could be the strongest guy in the universe and he still wouldn't be credible as an emperor. Buggy is a better emperor despite being a fodder.
Think it's pretty clear that the contrast between Luffy and what you would expect of an emperor is completely intentional on Oda's part. He was never gonna make him a planner or the kind of guy who can actually see or even care about the big picture of balance of power politics. Characters in the story itself have called out that fact.

This is this situation he decided to draw Luffy in while introducing him as an emperor in the narrator box:

He fought in Marineford, he caused the end of the schibukai system that had been going on for years, he took down 3 schibukai, he barged into 2 yonko islands, he defeated 2 yonko commanders, he defeated 1 yonko, he captured 3 ponegliffs, he has one of the clones of vegapunk that can create the biggest problems for the world government, he is the son of monkey D. Dragon and the grandson of Monkey D. Garp, oh my god what a big scam, how did he become a yonko?

:kayneshrug:

Just flagrantly false you want that kind of story go read bleach. Luffy gets carried by people nerfing his opponents
Literally Oda's words
Luffy bothers me the most. I have to put brakes on him with obstacles, or he'll soon defeat the villain. My characters act as if they have a will of their own. When I forced them to move for the sake of the story, my audience complained.

He fought in Marineford, he caused the end of the schibukai system that had been going on for years, he took down 3 schibukai, he barged into 2 yonko islands, he defeated 2 yonko commanders, he defeated 1 yonko, he captured 3 ponegliffs, he has one of the clones of vegapunk that can create the biggest problems for the world government, he is the son of monkey D. Dragon and the grandson of Monkey D. Garp, oh my god what a big scam, how did he become a yonko?

Oh, and the admirals and yonkos were sitting in their armchairs for years and growing their big hips while Luffy was doing this.

Luffy bounty should be at least 5 biillion

Literally Oda's words
Luffy bothers me the most. I have to put brakes on him with obstacles, or he'll soon defeat the villain. My characters act as if they have a will of their own. When I forced them to move for the sake of the story, my audience complained.
That was back in 2012, out of the timeskip, when Luffy opponents were.. Hody and Caesar Clown

I guess that I'm still clinging somehow to the hope that Oda could finally learn from his mistakes, and work to correct them and better the writing. After all One Piece does mean something to me and was something I really enjoyed when I discovered it and followed it for a while.

But I guess that it's also why I kept watching GOT after its fourth season, even as the writing kept going down the privy, until it finally took me the eight season for me to finally stop and break up totally with the farce it had become.
I’d cut my losses if I were you

You haven’t enjoyed the series in years and probably won’t enjoy anything Oda has planned

It’s obviously a lot harder than I’m making it sound since you’ve followed it for so long and thoroughly enjoyed it at one point but it’ll be better for you in the long run

Sunk cost reading never pans out in my experience