Character Discussion Luffy surpasses his opponents

Whether it was croc

Katakuri

Or kaido the whole point of those fights were for luffy to surpass them. Sure you can argue that when they return they come back stronger than their previous selves
  • Luffy left alabasta stronger or at worst equal than alabasta crocodile
  • Luffy left wci stronger or at worst equal than wci katakuri
  • Luffy left wano stronger or at worst equal than wano kaido

Lucci is a similar situation but in this case luffy gained the power to do so before their fight aka gears. Tho obviously he had to push himself to his limits still to surpass him

There are exceptions tho with obviously opponents he doesn’t defeat at all but also Enel. Enel was way stronger than luffy overall but luffy just happened to be the perfect counter

As for cracker and Doflamingo they weren’t significantly stronger or at all stronger than luffy. At worst being on a comparable level and within reach of luffy

There are exceptions tho with obviously opponents he doesn’t defeat at all but also Enel. Enel was way stronger than luffy overall but luffy just happened to be the perfect counter

As for cracker and Doflamingo they weren’t significantly stronger or at all stronger than luffy. At worst being on a comparable level and within reach of luffy
Dressrosa Luffy surpassed Doflamingo but only through Gear 4. The Cracker fight happened way before the climax of WCI, and Luffy left that arc after defeating someone stronger.

Kaido may have been the exception. Even Luffy’s victory over Katakuri seemed to be undeserved IMO. That’s the problem with Luffy’s fights.
katakuri was an honorable opponent making it a fair fight by stabbing himself only cause luffy got sneaked n katakuri got a free hit on him so I don’t understand y people say it’s undeserved when luffy was the one who got sneaked n stabbed
Post automatically merged:

Fresh Kaido still mid-diffs his ass
luffy at 2 hp beat kaido

Yes, every shounen works this way, what is unacceptable is the disgusting levels of plot power used to achieve that, he literally died vs Kaido, and was defeated multiple times, only to freely resurrect as a god who can reality warp, I think that is a little unfair to Kaido.

He shits on Luffy to try and make Sanji closer to him lmao
Luffy out of all characters is wild. Because everyone knows they aren’t close in strength.
Post automatically merged:

None of this is a lie lmao what’s your beef with Kaido that you think he’s weaker than Luffy…
I don’t have a beef with Kaido I think Luffy beat him so he’s stronger 😂. Whats your beef with common sense.