Controversial A Song of Salt and Tears: WorstGen ASOIAF 1v1 Fighting Tournament

Where is Varys’s Manhood?

• Total voters
Iirc only the Kingsguard of Jahaerys and Aerys got singled out in terms of the strength of their overall lineup.

Aemon was also the Lord Commander of his Kingsguard too, and Tyrion stated he was as famous as Barristan. Him praising Cregan like that is no joke.
Just in virtue of being part of that Kingsguard, Lewyn Martell vs the way more famous Oberyn Martell is probably a good debate. Lol.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright round 2 was kind of boring so here is round 3! We will slow the pace of the tourney a bit if we get actual good rounds with interesting matchups lol:

Round 3
-The winner of this round will face Ser Athur Dayne in the next bracket

Khal Drogo

-KEEP IN MIND: Drogo is naturally at a disadvantage in this tournament due to facing mostly armored knights, so we will somewhat nullify this disadvantage by allowing him to bring his Dragonbow Bow into this tournament. He only gets three arrows per battle.

VERSUS

Daemon Blackfyre

-Daemon will be allowed to weild his legendary Valyrian sword Blackfyre.

@God Buggy @Cruxroux @NikaInParis @SakazOuki @RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @TheKnightOfTheSea @Rumble @Bullet @KingOnizam @Alexis2282AE @Daniel

Yeah, how does Daemon not get sniped here? Lol.

Khal Drogo is a tricky one. On one hand if you give him cqc weapons, he gets defeated by pretty much everyone here. Armor. On the other, if you give him the bow, he beats everybody. Lol.

Last edited:
Alright round 2 was kind of boring so here is round 3! We will slow the pace of the tourney a bit if we get actual good rounds with interesting matchups lol:

Round 3
-The winner of this round will face Ser Athur Dayne in the next bracket

Khal Drogo

-KEEP IN MIND: Drogo is naturally at a disadvantage in this tournament due to facing mostly armored knights, so we will somewhat nullify this disadvantage by allowing him to bring his Dragonbow Bow into this tournament. He only gets three arrows per battle.

VERSUS

Daemon Blackfyre

-Daemon will be allowed to weild his legendary Valyrian sword Blackfyre.

@God Buggy @Cruxroux @NikaInParis @SakazOuki @RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @TheKnightOfTheSea @Rumble @Bullet @KingOnizam @Alexis2282AE @Daniel
Oh this one is undisputed Daemon takes this.
Power speed defense skills.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Lol, no, I didn't.

But I don't remember: his ability with the bow was ever highlighted?
I will quote a post from Reddit, this was from a Drogo vs Arthur Dayne debate:

Khal Drogo owns a dragonbone bow, from the Dothraki being based on the Mongols we can assume this is a mongol bow, a recurved composite bow which can be more powerful than a longbow with less height; and from the book on dragons Tyrion reads we know that the high iron content in dragonbone makes it very durable and flexible, this combined with Drogo’s strength makes for a lot of power behind an arrow. The arrows themselves we can assume would be triangular headed giving a high potential for armour-piercing. Drogo’s melee weapons are a whip and arakh: this would put him as having a ground fighting style similar to the gladiatorial laquearius of ancient Rome, a gladiator which used a sword and lasso who used both to keep at a distance, snare the opponent and follow with striking at the weak points in the opponents armour. This is a similar tactic to the retiarius’ who used a trident and net to snare the opponent, from Meera Reed’s traning we see this was the tactic Howland Reed uses. As a whip is used it could also trip Dayne as well. The arakh is described similar to a scimitar which is primarily used for slashing (which would only work if the helmet was removed) but could also be used for cutting or stabbing at weak points in the armour.

So the answer is not really but we can make some assumptions given that 80% of Martin’s lore is just real life history with a fantasy twist lol.

Dragonbone is such an extremely rare material that we should be able to safely assume that Drogo can punch through armor with his arrows. And from Drogo’s portrayal of being undefeated and having the largest Khalasar ever, we know he should be a straight monster with that bow.

I think this is pretty one-sided and in Drogo’s favour.

Daemon was good at swinging a sword because be was idle rich and thus had all the time in the world and instructors to instruct him. The Targaryens being a martial family, it was expected of him, but he was also brought up in a time of peace. The Dance was a bloody affair, but short and most fought on dragon back for Daemon.

By contrast, Drogo has never known a life of peace. His culture and station demand he earn his place with blood. The way Drogo is described, I think he’s both too strong and too quick for Daemon, and not only that, he fights to kill as though it were breathing. He can fight short range and long range, mounted or on foot, armed or barehanded.

Drogo is a genuine killer because that’s his way of life, and combined with his physical attributes, versus Daemon’s overall lacking, I’d say he wins this every time.

Daemon could always pull of something clever but it’s not like Drogo is a fool or lacking for wits of his own.

Daemon was good at swinging a sword because be was idle rich and thus had all the time in the world and instructors to instruct him. The Targaryens being a martial family, it was expected of him, but he was also brought up in a time of peace. The Dance was a bloody affair, but short and most fought on dragon back for Daemon.

By contrast, Drogo has never known a life of peace. His culture and station demand he earn his place with blood. The way Drogo is described, I think he’s both too strong and too quick for Daemon, and not only that, he fights to kill as though it were breathing. He can fight short range and long range, mounted or on foot, armed or barehanded.

Drogo is a genuine killer because that’s his way of life, and combined with his physical attributes, versus Daemon’s overall lacking, I’d say he wins this every time.

Daemon could always pull of something clever but it’s not like Drogo is a fool or lacking for wits of his own.
This here is Daemon Blackfyre.

Y'all gotta keep in mind that Drogo being undefeated does not necessarily mean all those battles were 1 v 1. And even if they were, that they happened on foot.
The Dothraki are half horse. Any feat you hear off, unless outright stated to be the oposite, has to be considered as a horseback feat. And firing arrows from horseback offers more benefit to than doing it from the ground when you're fighting 1 v 1

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
This here is Daemon Blackfyre.
This response was hilarious to me.
:milaugh:

It is worth noting that Daemon Bloodfyre dueled Gwayne Corbray for an hour before besting him. That is no small feat.

Daemon also weilded the blade Blackfyre, a standout sword among even Valyrian Steel blades, as this was the sword weilded by Aegon the Conqueror.

It was rumored that Daemon was the son of Aemon the Dragon Knight, but that rumor is probably false as Aegon IV started the rumor and he was a disastrous shithead. But Daemon was a big strong warrior who wielded Blackfyre and bested a skilled Kingsguard 1v1.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Daemon Blackfyre was the youngest ever to get knighted (like at 12 lol)
To be fair he was knighted by Aegon IV who was a complete disaster who made decisions out of spite and legitimized all of his bastard children on his deathbed to anger the people he didn’t like lol.

If there was ever an illegitimate knighting, it was Aegon knighting his 12 year old bastard.

Not saying Daemon isn't a superb warrior because he is, but him being knighted at 12 was straight up spite politicking. Lol