Status
Not open for further replies.
sunk cost fallacy + maybe somewhat active community
To each his own. I don't agree with the SCF considering we've been getting major payoff for our investment recently. Hopefully you'll jump ship or find a passion for it again. Either is better than hating what you read every week.

Most people are here for the “community”… this includes people who even enjoy OP. Most people only really care about just vague familiarity and talking to people

there’s whole threads about just community role on here and some people who participate in those threads never even post anywhere else on the forum
I get the community bit but if they hate OP why not just hit the other manga pages for series they do enjoy? If OP made me miserable I wouldn't be here constantly raining on other people parade. Seems counter intuitive to your answer 🤔.

My eyes work fine, the issue is your brain

G4 transformation was never about increasing the muscles in his legs, the only thing that affects the legs is haki and Luffy compressing them to fly, but we see multiple times that his legs are normal lmao

Then he uses it more times and I didn't notice? Lol, you just proved my point

You don't have a point, Luffy transforming an arm alone to G4 for an attack is something completely new that we've never seen before Elbaf.
The attack itself is new, not the nature of it. The fact that Luffy can switch on and off his legs in gear 4 is a proof that he can in fact apply gear4 haki on body parts at will.

The attack itself is new, not the nature of it. The fact that Luffy can switch on and off his legs in gear 4 is a proof that he can in fact apply gear4 haki on body parts at will.
The nature of it is entirely new, Luffy has always had to transform his entire upper body to do anything in G4 previously, quit arguing for the sake of arguing and take your L.

I get the community bit but if they hate OP why not just hit the other manga pages for series they do enjoy? If OP made me miserable I wouldn't be here constantly raining on other people parade. Seems counter intuitive to your answer 🤔.
Well people Enjoy shitting on it. And they especially enjoy shitting on it with a community of fellow shitters

I’m one of these people btw. OP sucks and I enjoy shitting on it

The nature of it is entirely new, Luffy has always had to transform his entire upper body to do anything in G4 previously, quit arguing for the sake of arguing and take your L.
If you can't explain why, then you don't have a point.

It's a FACT that Luffy has applied this haki to his legs as he sees fit. There's 0 reason to think he couldn't do that with other body parts, snake man makes it even more clear because he doesn't even need air.

Why didn't Luffy use it agains Kaido? Against the seraphim?

Real answer would be: because Oda didn't feel like it.

If you can't explain why, then you don't have a point.

It's a FACT that Luffy has applied this haki to his legs as he sees fit. There's 0 reason to think he couldn't do that with other body parts, snake man makes it even more clear because he doesn't even need air.

Why didn't Luffy use it agains Kaido? Against the seraphim?

Real answer would be: because Oda didn't feel like it.
"This haki", what is "this haki"? It's just haki, any character can apply it anywhere they want and that has always been a thing lmfao, the haki on his legs is optional, it was never a fundamental part of the G4 transformation, unlike his entire torso and arms being muscle enlarged and constantly coated in haki.

No, the real answer is because he wasn't capable of it doing it back then, only in Elbaf has he shown the ability to use the G4 transformation on isolated parts of his body.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Are you sure? In the seraphims Jimbei fight and the Nusjuro fight… I swear there was discussions on here about this
against S-Shark when he saves Nami, he kicks miniJimbo without IJ, then it changes right after that, which later he tanks S-Shark's punch head on with it.

two chapters ago he used IJ and had his eyebrow reversed, but not here.
Weirdly enough, the eyebrow switching thing has been extremely consistent so far.

This is entirely your headcanon

a headcanon that’s not even supported by the way Shonen works… when Shonen power ups happen and have VISUAL indicators, there’s no such thing as REMOVING THE VISUALS

KoH has a look to it… Zoro won’t suddenly start using KoH WITHOUT THE VISUALS OF IT
The flames is just the haki overflowing out of zoro

Oden was able to use the same amount of haki casually without the struggle of haki overflowing out of him
If zoro were to master enma to the level of oden there would not be a visual indication. Tho whether he did or not we admittedly don’t know but again I’m just basing it on the growth of the other strawhats. With them all becoming significantly stronger being capable of using major power ups casually. If they can do it I don’t see why zoro can’t

"This haki", what is "this haki"? It's just haki, any character can apply it anywhere they want and that has always been a thing lmfao, the haki on his legs is optional, it was never a fundamental part of the G4 transformation, unlike his entire torso and arms being muscle enlarged and constantly coated in haki.

No, the real answer is because he wasn't capable of it doing it back then, only in Elbaf has he shown the ability to use the G4 transformation on isolated parts of his body.
It is optional because he can control said haki. And yes, it's a different type of haki, didn't you read that fight? Luffy fuses his df with the haki, that's why it can stretch. Since the reveal of G4 Luffy used it on his legs and is extremely important, since it makes him able to move at high speeds through the air. The panel you showed is Luffy transforming his upper torso (without blowing air, meaning he can do it at will) because it's what Dorfy was binding with his strings.

Follows the same logic with one arm or even his nuts.

If you can't explain why he wouldn't be able to isolate a body part, then you lost this, since he already was able to do it with his legs as he wanted (and I repeat, the legs are as important as the other body parts in the G4 transformation).

It is optional because he can control said haki. And yes, it's a different type of haki, didn't you read that fight? Luffy fuses his df with the haki, that's why it can stretch. Since the reveal of G4 Luffy used it on his legs and is extremely important, since it makes him able to move at high speeds through the air. The panel you showed is Luffy transforming his upper torso (without blowing air, meaning he can do it at will) because it's what Dorfy was binding with his strings.

Follows the same logic with one arm or even his nuts.

If you can't explain why he wouldn't be able to isolate a body part, then you lost this, since he already was able to do it with his legs as he wanted (and I repeat, the legs are as important as the other body parts in the G4 transformation).
It's just high concentrations of haki, not some new special different haki...

As I said, his legs were never a fundamental part of the transformation, it has always been an optional thing since day one, can the same be said for his upper body? No, that has always been a requirement until Elbaf. Here Luffy is turning only a single arm into G4, that's vastly different from anything we've ever seen before.

So your argument is just baselessly assuming he could do it the entire time but just never did for some reason... what a great argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.