Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Absolutely rapid spoilers. Kingdom is practically a twice a week manga sometimes. Hara is an utter beast.

Anyway, ima be honest, I’m actually shocked that this looks to be coming to a battle based on the way this arc has progressed. I half expect Han to fall with absolutely no or minimal fighting at this rate. Qin can’t afford a huge, costly battle. I wonder if Tou will try to deceive Rakuakan into bringing his army away from Shintei and maneuvering around him to surround the capital or something like that.

Really my only gripe is that it's another plains battle.

You would think Han, being weaker than the rest, would have certain killzones where they would have the advantage in guerilla tactics, fortifications, gates, underground tunnels and what have you.

Essentially, I wanted Han to do what Ri Boku promised to do.

At the very least, I think something similar to Sanyou would've made sense, in terms of terrain diversity for the Han to take advantage of (hills, forrests, etc).

Last edited:
Ngl, these Han generals actually look pretty hype. It feels so refreshing to not have a Zhao-focused battle too.

100% agreed on the Zhao part lol.

If it really comes down to this huge battle, I think Han will perform really great...until Tou ends things with a fatal blow. As the best commander of a major state Raku'a Kan should be really, really strong. But yeah he won’t be Rinshoujo/Ouki/Renpa's peer, which Tou is.

We'll see with Yoko Yoko. Dude's arms are enormous lol. An excellent warrior for sure, but I'd like for him to have his tactical mind, perhaps a peculiar warfare, and not require excessive guidance from Raku'a Kan.

It's gonna be interesting how Shin's status will be after the fall of this state. Also, we need updates on Ouhon.

Really my only gripe is that it's another plains battle.

You would think Han, being weaker than the rest, would have certain killzones where they would have the advantage in guerilla tactics, fortifications, gates, underground tunnels and what have.
Feels like Hara became way too straightforward and simple these days when writing / drawing arcs.

Whenever a battle happens? its always in flat plains.

Whenever an army charges? its just a head-on melee clash.

No strategies, no tactics, no special formations, no sieges and siegecrafts, no specials weapons like crossbows or axes, only swords and glaives, no forests, no hills, no mountains, no slopes, no rivers, etc...

May I remind everyone that THIS MAN WHO RELIES ON POISON used to be a GREAT GENERAL in Han once?

This simple fact alone used to imply to us that such a small weak state like Han had to rely on underhanded tactics to win and survive, by any means necessary. Now it doesn't look that way anymore... so much for the "wisest state".

Han is far from being a major state.
Han is a major state by virtue of its recognition as such. The weakest of the seven major warring states is nevertheless a major warring state.

Feels like Hara became way too straightforward and simple these days when writing / drawing arcs.

Whenever a battle happens? its always in flat plains.

Whenever an army charges? its just a head-on melee clash.

No strategies, no tactics, no special formations, no sieges and siegecrafts, no specials weapons like crossbows or axes, only swords and glaives, no forests, no hills, no mountains, no slopes, no rivers, etc...

May I remind everyone that THIS MAN WHO RELIES ON POISON used to be a GREAT GENERAL in Han once?

This simple fact alone used to imply to us that such a small weak state like Han had to rely on underhanded tactics to win and survive, by any means necessary. Now it doesn't look that way anymore... so much for the "wisest state".
For me, it's reached the point where it should not be chalked up to burnout from WZI anymore.

It looks to me as though Hara regrets having taken so long to get to toppling the states and doesn't want to spend another 20 years on the story to get to the end, so he's decided to pick up the pace and is now flying through preplanned arcs like checkboxes to get to the part in history where the states begin to topple one by one.

I think he could've achieved this result more efficiently if he hadn't shunned the less action-oriented facets of the manga that were so prevalent in the first couple hundred chapters, and settled for fewer but bigger and better battles. At many times, the arena of politics could have advanced the story forward much more quickly and efficiently than any battle, skirmish or assassination. It's a pity Hara decided to mostly drop the politicking, factionalism, espionage and general subtletly and subterfuge from the story.

Last edited:
Han is a major state by virtue of its recognition as such. The weakest of the seven major warring states is nevertheless a major warring state.
There are only seven states at this point in the story. Han is literally the weakest state existing, so calling it a major state is a weird take.

No idea what recognition you are referring to. Han was called weak on multiple ocasions including by Han people themselves.