General & Others How can anyone stan Shanks?

He's kinda boring for now, but it's easy to understand why people stan him. He's a cool-looking and powerful dude with a sword- exact same reason people like Zoro or Mihawk.

He's also clearly being saved for the future and holds a lot of potential. Extremely enigmatic dude shrouded in mystery- for example, despite seeming like an unquestionably good dude, he also has a connection to the gorosei and willing to discuss important information with them- even though the elders are arguably among the most evil characters in the entire series.

He's kinda boring for now, but it's easy to understand why people stan him. He's a cool-looking and powerful dude with a sword- exact same reason people like Zoro or Mihawk.

He's also clearly being saved for the future and holds a lot of potential. Extremely enigmatic dude shrouded in mystery- for example, despite seeming like an unquestionably good dude, he also has a connection to the gorosei and willing to discuss important information with them- even though the elders are arguably among the most evil characters in the entire series.
The Gorosei thing is probably just because he's a CD

Shanks is boring, yes. Also, i wrote in the past that oda shanks wank genuinely ruined some of the story.
Shanks is no different than the average characters people here stan tho, and certainly something more palpable than some others, which makes some of the answers hilarious

Strong silent type with some flashy attacks whose biggest character flaw is something like "he is too good/determined/strong/focused" lel

A dime in a dozen.

Shanks is boring, yes. Also, i wrote in the past that oda shanks wank genuinely ruined some of the story.
Shanks is no different than the average characters people here stan tho, and certainly something more palpable than some others, which makes some of the answers hilarious

Strong silent type with some flashy attacks whose biggest character flaw is something like "he is too good/determined/strong/focused" lel

A dime in a dozen.
And that's the point. He's the stereotypical good, strong guy
Idk why Shanks fans deny this lol
He's a boring, textbook character. And if they like him, that's fine, since everyone has their own preferences and opinions and what not, but you gotta admit he's kind of bland

And that's the point. He's the stereotypical good, strong guy
Idk why Shanks fans deny this lol
He's a boring, textbook character. And if they like him, that's fine, since everyone has their own preferences and opinions and what not, but you gotta admit he's kind of bland
I dont see how this is something shanks fan needs to be called out tho, which is the goal of this thread. Shanks is no more bland, and less bland than some side characters, than the average character he represents for his archetype and other people in this forum are fans off

How many chapters does Shank appear in the manga? 30 tops I would say off the top of my head. and like 2 chapters are dedicated to him I think. For that time Shanks provides what he needs to.

Saying shanks is bland because characters with the 10, 100, or even 1000 times of his appearances that at the core act like as the same him is ridiculous

Its also empirically proven to be yapping. Everyone can see what people post about all day here. 90% of the "stan" Users never talk about anything outside of power level and how much "aura" a character has, the 2 things shanks does too. While characters that deviate from that are talked less about or not liked.

Calling Shanks bland or how he can be stanned on Worstgen is like satirical at best and utter lack of self-awareness at worst especially if you like a character in the same Archtype as Shanks

I dont see how this is something shanks fan needs to be called out tho, which is the goal of this thread. Shanks is no more bland, and less bland than some side characters, than the average character he represents for his archetype and other people in this forum are fans off

How many chapters does Shank appear in the manga? 30 tops I would say off the top of my head. and like 2 chapters are dedicated to him I think. For that time Shanks provides what he needs to.

Saying shanks is bland because characters with the 10, 100, or even 1000 times of his appearances that at the core act like as the same him is ridiculous

Its also empirically proven to be yapping. Everyone can see what people post about all day here. 90% of the "stan" Users never talk about anything outside of power level and how much "aura" a character has, the 2 things shanks does too. While characters that deviate from that are talked less about or not liked.

Calling Shanks bland or how he can be stanned on Worstgen is like satirical at best and utter lack of self-awareness at worst especially if you like a character in the same Archtype as Shanks
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for him to get more screen time, but for now I still think he's a pretty bland and ordinary character. I really hope it changes in the future but I don't have that much faith in it

Because he's Odas self insert. Outside of of seriously like him, he's a a super safe character to stan for agenda purposes cause Oda will never make him look awful and find new ways to suck his dick.
Because he's Odas self insert. Outside of of seriously like him, he's a a super safe character to stan for agenda purposes cause Oda will never make him look awful and find new ways to suck his dick.
Wi Fi Haki confirmed lol

Same reason ppl are luffy fans. At the beginning it was different for Luffy, but with G5, sungod etc...that has clearly changed.

Regardless, going to be a great day when ppl realize BB isn't going to be the one to takeout Shanks.