General & Others How can anyone stan Shanks?

Shanks is supposed to be glazed because he’s Luffy’s end goal. The guy Luffy wanted to surpass since day 1.

Despite being obviously weaker than Luffy, Kid is still portrayed as Luffy’s rival. Meaning that in one shotting Kid, Oda is showing that Shanks is still above Luffy.

It’s the same for Teach defeating Law.

Obviously Luffy wouldn’t lose to Teach/Shanks as bad as his rivals did. But chances are he still loses.

Shanks is supposed to be glazed because he’s Luffy’s end goal. The guy Luffy wanted to surpass since day 1.

Despite being obviously weaker than Luffy, Kid is still portrayed as Luffy’s rival. Meaning that in one shotting Kid, Oda is showing that Shanks is still above Luffy.

It’s the same for Teach defeating Law.

Obviously Luffy wouldn’t lose to Teach/Shanks as bad as his rivals did. But chances are he still loses.
It's not even that he's really strong it's just that he's a little boring right now

Like literally, this character reeks self-insert presence all over him
Every big bad writing since Yonko Saga started occurred with Shanks being involved :
  • Red promotion --> ruining an admiral hype just for the sake of a movie about Shanks
  • Kidd oneshotted easily without any fight --> every built-up hype and development about Kidd and new gen ruined just for the sake of Shanks cause "he's the perfect leader" despite being old gen and also he was randomly at elbaf
Other than Nika G5 and fake tensions,
There hasn't been any other bad writing worse than these 2 in the world manga !

All so that Shanks fanboys could go "he's too strong" and buy more manga copies
What did Shanks beating Kidd accomplish? Nothing positive !
Knowing that he's gonna lose to Teach anyway.

There exist characters that you can't be a fan of, and Shanks is part of those characters

@RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @Tyki_Mikk
How can anyone with a brain and no chromosomal abberation stan Middtass Midtain Middo bro?
Why does anyone stan Ladmirlas since they will be negged by Nika anyways? Why does anyone Stan Teech because he gon get got by Nika anyways?
midd fans are the most dumb, anyone who stans Middo is a nutcase. There exists characters that you can't be a fan of and Midtass Fucktard Middtardo is one of them.

You stan Midd so you shouldn't comment on bad writing. Just because fans of a midd character like the Fucktard Middo cry because that losee got what he deserved, it doesn't make a bad writing. Anyone who stans Fuckiddo shouldn't be allowed to talk about writing. Middo deserved to get no diffed, he is a fodder. All he did was knock down a weakened Big Meme with Law doing all the damage. Midd's awakened move did 1% damage.

Shanks is not, nor has he ever been, Luffys end goal.

That is literally just cope by his hardcore stans to the same degree as him being called a god king.

This post is gonna be longer, so if some people want a tl;dr?

Despite his stans wishing it to be so, this AIN'T Shanks story. He ain't that important. He is a tool for plot development more so than an actual character. And he sure as hell ain't Luffys end goal, because unlike Shanks no matter what you may think about Luffy and i am far from his biggest fan at LEAST he actually does shit and doesn't sit around waiting for somebody more "worthy" to do it for him.

More in depth? All slander aside from my end, and I LOVE to slander Shanks, being 100% factual?

These are the hard facts of the matter okay?

By the timeline of the Manga we are given Shanks spent the better part of his career as a Pirate doing NOTHING but wait for the TRUE heir of ROGER. Or, at least he did prior to the intro of Joyboy/Nika. Because ever since Oda retconed Luffy as the chosen one who ate a divine devil fruit? Shanks has been firmly established as the guy who is supposed to help the chosen one. Nothing more.

I know his stans hate this fact, but Shanks going "lets get the One Piece" towards Beckman after two plus decades of sitting on his ass does not suddenly make him end game material/the secret Top 1 of the setting okay?

Shanks HAD what he needed to be HIM. And he did fuck all with it. He had two arms. He had the Nika fruit. And what does he do with it huh? Does he seek out Rayleigh and train with him some more? Does he seek out the keys to Laughtale? Does he do ANYTHING to further his own power or position? NO! No he does not.

Because Shanks KNOWS he is not HIM despite his stans insisting he is. Roger knew it, and either straight up told Shanks "give this to my son when he is ready" if Shanks indeed was looking for Ace, or Roger just told him to find anybody worthy. Both implicitly mean Roger knew that Shanks was not the man who was worthy of being the next Joyboy or whom should eat the Nika fruit.

Buggy himself is pissed of at Shanks as Oda fairly recently revealed not just because of petty reasons but because he feels like Shanks gave up and did not strive to become equal to or surpass their old captain. And to be frank, that is what Shanks did.

Again, people do not like to address this, but Shanks HAD what he needed to become Luffys supposed "end goal" and did shit all with it.

Like really, what did Shanks do as far as Oda told us? He stole a divine devil fruit from the Marines sure, but besides that? He spent the vast majority of his life after Roger died drinking and partying his time away. Sure, he one shot Kid and does punish the occasional pirate like Barto, but who ultimately cares? People get on most characters ass for "not doing anything" but for some reason Shanks is absolved of that.

Why?

Shanks according to his fandom is quite literally the strongest person alive in the setting despite spending his entire Pirate career doing fuck all besides show up occasionally to remind everybody "yo, dont forget I exist" but not ACTUALLY doing anything.

Why does he then not actually do something with his powers all this time? Shanks ain't out here dealing with Pirates like Big Mom or Kaido, or hell even Blackbeard. He ain't toppling the World Government, dealing with Admirals.

This man does nothing but protect fodder, and WAIT. Just like Shanks waited for Kaido and Big Mom to die before “making his moves” for the One Piece. Just like he waited for Luffy to become a Yonko.

Because all Shanks does is wait for shit to happen, instead of doing anything himself. And I can promise you right now if Blackbeard does not just straight up jump Shanks and kill him like I expect, he STILL ain't doing jack shit in the end game but act as stepping stone for Luffy.

Because that is all he ever was, and all he ever will be.

Eh there is a reason why shanks is one of the most popular character in one piece. He is strong and humble and people like characters like him.

Characters who don't show off their strength but are extremely powerful.

That being said I understand him being a too perfect of a character and the feeling of Garry stu. Oda does sucks up to him and he can be argued as self insert type of character.

Oden was wanked way too much and it affected Kaido as well.

I don't have that much issues with shanks but I can see why there are those who dislike him. I don't like Minato for example because he feels like Garry stu to me also.

Minato and Shanks are not the same

Yellow Piss Blitz even with a random BM Upgrade still got statued by Tobirama while having shitty AP

So far,Shanks aint getting statued by a single person and has insane high AP

I like Shanks because he is "cool" and "mysterious".To much of a Gary stue?Maybe but his position and hype(his CoC got compared with JB´s strongest Haki),gives him the right to look that good on-screen.

Would not surprise me if he surpasses Roger.Having CoC compared to the first Pirate and the same attack as the PK,also speaks for it.

Another point is,that Roger 99,9% will never get a proper fight on-screen.And turning Shanks into modern Roger will solve that problem

Minato and Shanks are not the same

Yellow Piss Blitz even with a random BM Upgrade still got statued by Tobirama while having shitty AP

So far,Shanks aint getting statued by a single person and has insane high AP

I like Shanks because he is "cool" and "mysterious".To much of a Gary stue?Maybe but his position and hype(his CoC got compared with JB´s strongest Haki),gives him the right to look that good on-screen.

Would not surprise me if he surpasses Roger.Having CoC compared to the first Pirate and the same attack as the PK,also speaks for it.

Another point is,that Roger 99,9% will never get a proper fight on-screen.And turning Shanks into modern Roger will solve that problem
Mihawk

Like literally, this character reeks self-insert presence all over him
Every big bad writing since Yonko Saga started occurred with Shanks being involved :
  • Red promotion --> ruining an admiral hype just for the sake of a movie about Shanks
  • Kidd oneshotted easily without any fight --> every built-up hype and development about Kidd and new gen ruined just for the sake of Shanks cause "he's the perfect leader" despite being old gen and also he was randomly at elbaf
Other than Nika G5 and fake tensions,
There hasn't been any other bad writing worse than these 2 in the world manga !

All so that Shanks fanboys could go "he's too strong" and buy more manga copies
What did Shanks beating Kidd accomplish? Nothing positive !
Knowing that he's gonna lose to Teach anyway.

There exist characters that you can't be a fan of, and Shanks is part of those characters

@RayanOO @TheAncientCenturion @Tyki_Mikk
Another cry thread

Pretty shameless thread coming from you.
You constantly use him for your agendas but when he trashes your boy the tears start flowing down your face :milaugh:
I didn't even notice he was doing this because Shanks beat Kidd
I thought he was genuinely criticizing his character and making a point about him being a bland/ordinary character, the classic "good guy", but no. Dude's just insecure as usual.

I didn't even notice he was doing this because Shanks beat Kidd
I thought he was genuinely criticizing his character and making a point about him being a bland/ordinary character, the classic "good guy", but no. Dude's just insecure as usual.
He didnt hated shanks before kidd got one shoted :kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
He was pretty happy when he wifi diffed gb tho