Chapter Discussion It should've been Sanji vs Kizaru in Egghead

You guy have illegitimate expectations all the times. Two antagonistic character meeting is not syonymous of a duel, it can be, but it's not a certainty. So saying that Oda "ruined" something here, is simply ignoring the narration that is showing that a fight is absolutely not needed.
Guys, we're being unrealistic when Oda has a character say "I'm going to fight you two" while looking at each other, and expecting them to fight.
:gokulaugh:

Illogiko when nobodys edged Oda till climax + did tricks on it today

Post automatically merged:

Sanji vs Kizaru is a bad match up
Yeah that's why Oda having Luffy & Sanji vs Kizaru was great, he had it set up then rushed and retracted it for some reason

I know Egghead is over but I just can't wrap around my head why Oda would do this and completely ruin the tension?

Since Dressrosa opening, i've been anticipating Sanji vs Kizaru to happen. The match up makes so much sense style wise.

I was hyped when this chapter came out and said to myself "finally it's about time" until the next one completely ruined it when it turned out to be G5 doing the same old heavy lifting.

I'm not a Sanji fan but the arc was gonna get better with Sanji vs Kizaru, Zoro vs Nusjuro, Luffy vs Saturn/other Gorosei and other SH vs vice admirals as how it should've been but nope...

Why ruin it? :sanjimeh:
If it isn’t your typical main arc battle don’t expect these kind of 1 v 1s for Sanji.

Might be because he’s not purely combat-centric, like Luffy or Zoro, but seems like Oda only really gives him full-fledged 1 v 1s in main arc battles.

In the smaller arcs Oda seems to prefer to give him clashes & glimpses here and there to flex and at least one really hype combat feat but no full-fledged 1 v 1s

This was the case for him on WCI and also the case on Egghead. To compensate for that though he gets love in other departments like flexing his wit with strategy/smart plays, cooking etc. ^^

Could be wrong but it’s just an observation 🙏🏿

And another case of illegitimate expectations ruining the experience of a reader

Sigh

:seriously:
How is it illegitimate when you have Sanji in provocation stance after stopping an ''unstoppable'' attack and then telling Kizaru to make an apology letter or else....
The minimum should have been a clash but instead we got Sanji runing away in the next panel and then getting easily tagged by the guy he was threatening lol clowning at its best...

Oda has been having continuity issues in Egghead and even the start of this arc. Almost like 2 different people are writing.

Chapter 1104: Kizaru kicks Franky and says to show him how much they've improved.
Chapter 1105: Everyone's running away as Kizaru and Saturn just stand and watch?

Chapter 1107: Kizaru standing infront of Sanji and Luffy. Saturn is near Van Auger and Catarina.
Chapter 1108: Kizaru disappears and new transformed Saturn stands infront of Sanji and Luffy.

And just 3 chapters ago. So many mistakes, everyone was thinking it was some kind of illusion.
Turns out it was just a world record in most mistakes ever in a chapter.

Kizaru said YOUR HEADS, plural. Heads, plural. While looking at them both.
:goatasure:
I do not include Sanji here, but Vegapunk and Luffy. But EVEN if that was the case, this is not a promise of a fight of Sanji VS Kizaru, in fight it's rather a fight of Luffy VS Kizaru.. There is no reason for Luffy to flee while Sanji's stays behind. And Saturn being here doesn't change anything since Luffy can take care of him as well.

Luffy literally do not need someone to interfere and you want a meaningless battle between Sanji and Kizaru..
Guys, we're being unrealistic when Oda has a character say "I'm going to fight you two" while looking at each other, and expecting them to fight.
:gokulaugh:

Illogiko when nobodys edged Oda till climax + did tricks on it today
Same fallacious argument. There is no reason for a duel here. And Luffy took care of Kizaru just fine, there is no reason for Sanji to intervene.

Once again, your illegitimate expectations are ruining your own fun.

Look at those panels again :seriously:
I did and it's still an illegitimate expectation. You don't know how to read. Nothing here promises a battle of Sanji VS Kizaru. At BEST a battle vs Luffy and Sanji who takes the body of Vegapunk.

But you do not read: Luffy took care of KIzaru and Saturn alone, why would he need to put Sanji in danger ? That's nonsense.
How is it illegitimate when you have Sanji in provocation stance after stopping an ''unstoppable'' attack and then telling Kizaru to make an apology letter or else....
The expectation here to get is : Kizaru MIGHT attack them (and we are not even sure because Kizaru is doing the job without willingness). NOT Sanji VS Kizaru will happen.

Again. You guyz read what you want to read not the actual story. If that was the case, you would have understood that, someone has to take Vegapunk's body while the other is fighting and Sanji literally said that he would not leave without him. So I can't understand how you would imagine Luffy to flee while having Sanji fight here. It's would be senseless.

Again... you read One Piece thinking that Oda will serve you fan service just because he sometimes gives you exactly what you want like Zoro fighting or Shanks destroying crews. But Oda is simply writing his story. If you want fan service, unless you want to see boobs and *sses all over the place, One Piece is not for you.

do not include Sanji here, but Vegapunk and Luffy. But EVEN if that was the case, this is not a promise of a fight of Sanji VS Kizaru, in fight it's rather a fight of Luffy VS Kizaru.. There is no reason for Luffy to flee while Sanji's stays behind. And Saturn being here doesn't change anything since Luffy can take care of him as well.

Luffy literally do not need someone to interfere and you want a meaningless battle between Sanji and Kizaru..
Same fallacious argument. There is no reason for a duel here. And Luffy took care of Kizaru just fine, there is no reason for Sanji to intervene.

Once again, your illegitimate expectations are ruining your own fun.
''Luffy took care of Kizaru'' ? The same Kizaru who went after Sanji, kicked him down and pierced Vegapunk dead ?
:ronalugh:

''Luffy took care of Kizaru'' ? The same Kizaru who went after Sanji, kicked him down and pierced Vegapunk dead ?
Yeah, he took care of him above the sky. Kizaru is just swift but it doesn't negate the fact that he did not have the will to fight Luffy. While Luffy is perfectly capable of managing Kizaru and Saturn.

This ex is one of dozens. You guyz can't manage your expectations. And it's the reason why you can't appreciate the story as it is.

Notice how behind 99% of the critic there is always : "I wanted to see" or "It should happen like that"

Notice how behind 99% of the critic there is always : "I wanted to see" or "It should happen like that"
And it's absolutely normal.

Erasing one's expectations It's not something even remotely good. In fact, It's a demonstration of absolute lack of interest.

And if I wanted something and Oda did the opposite, obviously I can not like It or think It wasn't optimal, since I am the sole person capable of judging what I like and what I don't.