Break Week Pudding should never have a relationship with ANYONE!

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
So someone pointed something out to me that I now can't stop thinking about, and opened my eyes. Like before I didn't like Pudding for how cruel she was, and never apologized. But it can get so much worse. So much.

Pudding's Fruit is basically the Gaslight Gaslight No Mi.

By stealing Sanji's memory at the end of WCI of the kiss, she's shown two things.
1. She's not against being underhanded if she wants to be, and will manipulate to get what she wants.
2. She cannot be trusted with her power, violating his last point of trust with her, to take his memories. This time it was just a kiss out of fear of rejection or to let him go. What is it next time?

This fruit makes anyone and everyone around Pudding as well as herself the Unreliable Narrator.

Any fight she and Sanji or any guy she gets with have? She waits till they sleep and changes their memory. An argument where the other guy said no? She changes their memory to yes. Doesn't like a habit her boyfriend has? She edits their memory to remove it, or if that's too far back, just makes it seem like they gave it up.

Like say the boyfriend/husband doesn't want kids but Pudding does. They argue. He goes to bed, she changes his memories to him saying he's fine with kids. Later when they talk about it or she gets pregnant, she points out he said it was fine, and he remembers it as fine. Boom forced with kids.

Sanji or other husband wants to hang out with crew/friends. Pudding feels jealous and wants their attention more. She erases their memory of agreeing to hangout. Maybe even erases the friend. Boom, no more friends or mad friends.

Boyfriend/husband looks at other women or has any other habit she doesn't like, like smoking? Edits memory to have them give it up, boom no more habit.

She can basically use her fruit to brainwash her significant other into the perfect doll she wants where she's always right, can do no wrong and gets everything she wants.,

With this acknowledged, I think Pudding should either lose her fruit, wear a seastone bracelet for the rest of her life, or never be with anyone ever as she has shown she is underhanded, will violate trust, and use her fruit at her slightest whim of discomfort/embarrassment/shame/anger/or just thinking she's right.
Cry

https://x.com/sandman_AP/status/1848688869170155954

No offense that’s stupid. Let me be clear that I dislike Pudding and Sanji and most SH being shipped with newer characters that they don’t have actual bond with. However your reasoning is a big reach. The way Pudding was portrayed when she wiped Sanji’s memories was done to show she didn’t want to burden him with her feelings. The exact opposite of what you’re painting her to be. It doesn’t matter if she’s capable of doing that. She doesn’t have to be that kind of person who would think of doing that like you did.
It’s like saying Sanji can’t be with Nami because he’s way stronger and can lose his sanity like the one time he thought he did with the raid suit and hit her.

Pudding didn’t wipe Sanji’s memory so she won’t be rejected. Sanji was clearly happy after the kiss so she probably figured out he liked it. She wiped his memory because she thinks she doesn’t deserve to be in a relationship with Sanji after what she did (and for being a daughter of the enemy).

As I said I don’t like the ship but this reasoning is stupid. If you want to prove that for your SanjixNami agenda then this is a bad way to do it.

I don’t ship Sanji with Nami either ( I still prefer any strawhat bond over ships with strangers) but it will always be superior to Sanji/Pudding for one important reason:

Even if Pudding ends up with Sanji, she would still be second to Nami in Sanji’s heart. Oda made it very clear that Nami is above all women Sanji swoons over. It would be really embarrassing if Pudding became his partner. For that reason they really shouldn’t be a thing (there are a lot of other reasons that I won’t bother to mention).

Why can’t people just let Strawhats not be involved in relationships? Most renowned pirates in OP in their 40s-50s are either single or deadbeats.
I can’t help but think of a bad ending if the strawhats were forced in relationships with these bond-less strangers that had crushes on them.
The SH would be either deadbeats or not free. I understand relationships that have a bond like Usopp and Kaya or relationships of characters like Chopper though (poor guy is not into humans, he needs someone he can be attracted to in the world if they ever exist).

Last edited:
No offense that’s stupid. Let me be clear that I dislike Pudding and Sanji and most SH being shipped with newer characters that they don’t have actual bond with. However your reasoning is a big reach. The way Pudding was portrayed when she wiped Sanji’s memories was done to show she didn’t want to burden him with her feelings. The exact opposite of what you’re painting her to be. It doesn’t matter if she’s capable of doing that. She doesn’t have to be that kind of person who would think of doing that like you did.
It’s like saying Sanji can’t be with Nami because he’s way stronger and can lose his sanity like the one time he thought he did with the raid suit and hit her.

Pudding didn’t wipe Sanji’s memory so she won’t be rejected. Sanji was clearly happy after the kiss so she probably figured out he liked it. She wiped his memory because she thinks she doesn’t deserve to be in a relationship with Sanji after what she did (and for being a daughter of the enemy).

As I said I don’t like the ship but this reasoning is stupid. If you want to prove that for your SanjixNami agenda then this is a bad way to do it.

I don’t ship Sanji with Nami either ( I still prefer any strawhat bond over ships with strangers) but it will always be superior to Sanji/Pudding for one important reason:

Even if Pudding ends up with Sanji, she would still be second to Nami in Sanji’s heart. Oda made it very clear that Nami is above all women Sanji swoons over. It would be really embarrassing if Pudding became his partner. For that reason they really shouldn’t be a thing (there are a lot of other reasons that I won’t bother to mention).

Why can’t people just let Strawhats not be involved in relationships? Most renowned pirates in OP in their 40s-50s are either single or deadbeats.
I can’t help but think of a bad ending if the strawhats were forced in relationships with these bond-less strangers that had crushes on them.
The SH would be either deadbeats or not free. I understand relationships that have a bond like Usopp and Kaya or relationships of characters like Chopper (poor guy is not into humans, he needs someone he can be attracted to in the world if they ever exist).
Sanji would never rank women like that
:gonope:
Sanji is a lover to all women he can’t be bogged down by one or two
:goyea:

The SH would be either deadbeats or not free. I understand relationships that have a bond like Usopp and Kaya or relationships of characters like Chopper (poor guy is not into humans, he needs someone he can be attracted to in the world if they ever exist).
Pudding’s development was one of better things of wci

Don't look at Pudding's actions as a reader.

Pudding does not have the omni POV that the reader does, or the experience with Sanji that the crew has.
Pudding does not know Sanji's gag, or that he chases all women. She hasn't been with him long enough except to see one nose-bleed, which isn't enough to know his perverted traits or skirt chasing.

With this lack of knowledge: She has seen him catch Nami in a bridal carry, a carry she did not get (he carried her like a sack of potatoes in the manga) and then when she returned him to the ship, witnessed him saying he loved Nami to Nami.

Without the information of his gag or habits, she's seen him bridal carry and profess love to another woman that's not her. Any girl at this point would think the boy is taken, and either give up or double down.

Pudding then underhandedly takes a kiss without consent selfishly. (In no world is asking for a favor consent to a kiss.)

While Sanji may have reacted nicely (do the in-character characters see the heart eyes or is that for the reader?). Pudding still knows he said he loved another woman, so she has a fear of rejection at that point with the conception his heart is taken.

That's retarded

If she's in a loving and trusting relationship, she wouldn't be using her fruit to gaslight her partner.
I gave an example above.

In many controlling relationships, one side will want to hang out or desire attention while the other side has already promised to hang with friends, or the partner may get jealous they're spending too much time with friends. This usually results in the jealous partner trying to forbid their SO from seeing those friends or wanting to cut off the relationships. Sometimes even, being hostile to said friends, depending how far the couple lets it go and the insanity of the jealous one.

Now add Pudding's power into the mix. She can just snip the memory of that friendship gone. Or the promise to hang out with the friend or anything her heart desires. Once she thinks she's not getting enough attention.

I gave an example above.

In many controlling relationships, one side will want to hang out or desire attention while the other side has already promised to hang with friends, or the partner may get jealous they're spending too much time with friends. This usually results in the jealous partner trying to forbid their SO from seeing those friends or wanting to cut off the relationships. Sometimes even, being hostile to said friends, depending how far the couple lets it go and the insanity of the jealous one.

Now add Pudding's power into the mix. She can just snip the memory of that friendship gone. Or the promise to hang out with the friend or anything hear heart desires. Once she thinks she's not getting enough attention.
Loving and trusting relationship

Loving and trusting relationship
Doesn't exist. Humans are jealous creatures. Humans want attention.

She could be the most pure hearted individual, it doesn't mean she wouldn't desire more attention or dislike that he's hanging out with the crew and Nami and Robin.

The fact she ALREADY violated that trust by erasing a memory, shows she would have a tendency to do so.

Well her mother wasn’t a good example for that
Yeah. Everyone knows that no person can ever change. That everyone is destined to be exactly like their parents and the examples they set...

:nicagesmile:

Doesn't exist. Humans are jealous creatures. Humans want attention.

She could be the most pure hearted individual, it doesn't mean she wouldn't desire more attention or dislike that he's hanging out with the crew and Nami and Robin.

The fact she ALREADY violated that trust by erasing a memory, shows she would have a tendency to do so.
This is a manga...

Loving and trusting relationships exist in fiction. Actually, irl too, even if it's pretty rare.

Yeah. Everyone knows that no person can ever change. That everyone is destined to be exactly like their parents and the examples they set...

:nicagesmile:

This is a manga...

Loving and trusting relationships exist in fiction. Actually, irl too, even if it's pretty rare.
Not saying she can’t change but how she grew up is not without influence