Chapter Discussion It should've been Sanji vs Kizaru in Egghead

I do not include Sanji here, but Vegapunk and Luffy.
Why would Kizaru reiterate that he needs to take Luffy & Vegapunk's head in this scene? Vegapunk wasn't even present here.

I guess it's just a big fucking coincidence then that Kizaru gets blocked by Sanji, then just-so-happens to reiterate that he must "take their head". Definitely was referring to Vegapunk (who we already know he was trying to kill) and not Sanji
:willight:
Post automatically merged:

If you actually expected a Sanji vs Kizaru fight immediately after Sanji defeated only a YC2, well, you were delusional.
Right but a Luffy/Sanji vs Kizaru fight was rightly expected for the reasons I just mentioned, even a brief one

Ztards were pushing for that, and they do that every single arc lmao.
They were for the most part, surely, but they were not alone. Prigles was pushing for that too, for example.

I have never believed in ZKK 2.0, but I thought Zoro could block Kizaru in a "Ray like scene", like the one I posted, to "avenge" what happened in Sabaody. In the end, Zoro didn't even see Kizaru.

Marineford was fifteen years ago bro and it always had wonky scaling, a Sanji vs Kizaru fight would be completely nonsensical in the current story, Sanji is nowhere close to that level.
True, but after we just left an arc where Zoro blocks 2 Yonko attack(arguably the most nonsensical feat in the manga for his tier). Sanji fans were hoping for at least a “black leg ur pretty fast” comment. Dog instead got some unquantifiable blocking Feat nobody cares about. Unless there trying to troll Zfans. At this point it legit seem like oda destroying the character. Hell half the time sanji shows up now nobody cares about him or his opponent.

Hell Law could save half the damn SH crew from an Admiral + Warlord at once. Sanji not being able to at least clash or stall Kizaru was a huge let down.

Tbh It's not just about Sanji. People, lot of people, were pushing Zoro doing a Ray scene if not even a ZKK 2.0.

Zoro too didn't get anything.
I wasn’t really looking forward to this at all.
But was inspecting at least Zoro to be able to protect his ship from a Top tier without someone dying.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
People weren’t aspecting anything more then Jozu portrayal. We couldn’t even get that, oda literally shitted on the guy for no reason.
Sanji used Kaidou's "Jozu" as a football in Wano.
And he got his moments to shine too, when he blocked Kizaru, Nusjuro, Saturn.

Oda didn't shit on Sanji in Egghead, except the scene where he lets Kizaru kill Vegapunk - which isn't really a problem unless you believed Sanji was anywhere close to an Admiral.

I wasn’t really looking forward to this at all.
But was inspecting at least Zoro to be able to protect his ship from a Top tier without someone dying.
I wasn't surely on board with ZKK, but I thought Oda would have given Zoro a Ray like scene both for the quote and to make Zoro somewhat avenge what happened in Sabaody.

Nedless to say, nothing of the sort happened.

However, It was common to see people pushing this back in the day. Long story short, in some way Zoro "lost" more than Sanji on that since Sanji's involvement came only after that chapter and ended the one after.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I wasn't surely on board with ZKK, but I thought Oda would have given Zoro a Ray like scene both for the quote and to make Zoro somewhat avenge what happened in Sabaody.

However, It was common to see people pushing this back in the day.
That Ray-like scene was given to Luffy instead.

Along with the "Hundred times stronger" callback to Rayleigh.

Sanji used Kaidou's "Jozu" as a football in Wano.
King is Kaido jozu imo, his Marco would’ve been Yamato.
And he got his moments to shine too, when he blocked Kizaru, Nusjuro, Saturn.
When DR Law can save half the SH crew from an Admiral + warlord simultaneously. Dnt you at least find it odd sanji, who around DR lvl or stronger. Seem like an irrelevant bug. I’m not even a sanji fan, an it’s starting to piss me off. This isn’t the old sanji, currently he’s some bum almost nobody cares about.

Oda didn't shit on Sanji in Egghead, except the scene where he lets Kizaru kill Vegapunk - which isn't really a problem unless you believed Sanji was anywhere close to an Admiral.
Ur a Ztard, sure you’d think this. I’m speaking on how the average reader feels seeing all this shit unfold

Last edited:
It's not a coincidence chapter 1107 was highly praised and then the rest of the arc went to shit from 1108 onwards.

Oda sets up a clear confrontation with Kizaru vs BOTH Luffy and Sanji, Vegapunk can't move and says he will die if he does, so they can't leave either.

And then 1108 undoes everything, now we can move Vegapunk, Saturn can apparently teleport or Kizaru was just staring at them for 5 mins before he shows up and then Kizaru disappeared for some reason. It completely contradicted what happened the previous chapter.

Oda could have created a great fight chapter before Saturn shows up and then force Sanji to leave with Vegapunk rather than the "do nothing" scene we got instead.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
King is Kaido jozu imo, his Marco would’ve been Yamato.
:whitepress:

Yamato's the Ace parallel. King/Queen are Marco/Jozu reskinned.

When DR Law can save half the SH crew from an Admiral + warlord simultaneously. Dnt you at least find it odd sanji, who around DR lvl or stronger. Seem like an irrelevant bug. I’m not even a sanji fan, an it’s starting to piss me off. This isn’t the old sanji, currently he’s some bum almost nobody cares about.
Nope not at all. Sanji would beat the shit out of DR Law.
Only you're feeling that way after overrating that nothing burger feat for Law.
As if the Admiral & the Warlord in question wouldn't body Law if they wanted to or as if they went all out and Law saved the SHs.

That Ray-like scene was given to Luffy instead.

Along with the "Hundred times stronger" callback to Rayleigh.
That the issue, oda dumbass is giving luffy everything. Nobody else can eat. We got a character that just beat a Y1C, bullshittin around with a weaker High tier then the one he beat an arc ago. Failing to protect his ship from Venus onslaught with someone dying. That sound like a solid Y1C or stronger portrayal. Marco/Jozu were treated better then this.

However, It was common to see people pushing this back in the day. Long story short, in some way Zoro "lost" more than Sanji on that since Sanji's involvement came only after that chapter and ended the one after.
Nah Zoro fans actually get to eat. Sanji are literally staving for a relevant feat or moment at this point. It like a fan writing the story at the moment

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That the issue, oda dumbass is giving luffy everything. Nobody else can eat
True.

We got a character that just beat a Y1C, bullshittin around with a weaker High tier then the one he beat an arc ago. Failing to protect his ship from Venus onslaught with someone dying. That sound like a solid Y1C or stronger portrayal. Marco/Jozu were treated better then this.
Marco/Jozu don't have any portrayal that places them on another level to King/Queen, let alone to the SHs.
They look better to nostalgia merchants who don't understand that the Admirals in Marineford, were holding back a lot more than what they are capable of.

If we look at Egghead, I definitely don't feel Sanji performed at the level he should which would be in the Marco Jozu Vista tier. Oda never should have done that bait and switch by making it look like Sanji will join the fight and then "nope, he's immediately running away, only Luffy gets to fight". Why not just have Sanji take Vegapunk and leave with Franky then in 1107?

:whitepress:

Yamato's the Ace parallel. King/Queen are Marco/Jozu reskinned.
Sure, who care anyway all of them weaker then Law. I can’t be bothered to keep up with the ranking of irrelevant high tiers At times.
:kayneshrug:
Nope not at all. Sanji would beat the shit out of DR Law.
Only you're feeling that way after overrating that nothing burger feat for Law.

As if the Admiral & the Warlord in question wouldn't body Law if they wanted to or as if they went all out and Law saved the SHs.
DOG LEAVE THE agenda bating shit alone. This is serious time, saving half the alliance from getting captured. Literally saved, and allowed the arc to move onward. Saying some stupid shit like it’s overrated, or nothing you still coping about Zoro being so irrelevant back then. His plot point at the time chasing fairies to regain his sword lmao. No wonder the hate runs so deep!!!!
:suresure:
Anyway back on topic, if you weren’t so desperate to agenda scale. The point was never to indicate Law wouldn’t be body if those characters try harder lil bro, try to keep up... It’s that oda specifically creates a situation for Law to pull off something relevant in that clash(Saving SH crew). Sanji being on the same lvl or stronger should be award similar circumstances. If he’s not strong enough to actually compete.
Post automatically merged:

True.

Marco/Jozu don't have any portrayal that places them on another level to King/Queen, let alone to the SHs.
They look better to nostalgia merchants who don't understand that the Admirals in Marineford, were holding back a lot more than what they are capable of.
When Kizaru/Midhawk attempt attacking WB ship does someone die? Maybe you should stop thinking of funny remarks, an start paying closer attention to the story.

Current Zoro portrayal of a bum that cant stop a solo top tier from rampaging on the Sunny. That nothing feat you were talking about before, already vastly superior portrayal then that lmao. No SH needed to die for the Sunny to escape DR!!!

Last edited:
And it's absolutely normal.
OMG NO It's NOT. You are not the writers of this story !

I have ZERO illegitimate expectation, NONE. Absolutely nought, nil, 0 ! And yet, I scream EVERY WEEK at my screen out of excitment and happyness when I see a chapter and I refresh the tcb page 100 times per hours on release day!

You guys do not have interest, you have illegitimate expectation because you can't manage your own agendas! You only care about what you want and absolutely NOT the story.

DUde, did you watch me battle in the Nakama thread for CarrotForNakama ? 1 against 15 for a year at least, defending this character and YET not ONCE did I push my agenda on the story, not even now. I kept praising the storytelling EVEN when Oda was completely disrespecting what I would love to see.

Knowing that what you want and what you need are two very different things : THAT's a normal behavior in front of a story.

You do not "like" you WANT. And that's why people here can't enjoy the story. And trust me, this is not something only related to Worstgen, it's something I've been fighting for a decade in the One Piece fanbase. I have hundreds of exemple where fan simply completely disregard the narration and the purpose
Why would Kizaru reiterate that he needs to take Luffy & Vegapunk's head in this scene? Vegapunk wasn't even present here.
To make a point that he can't just let that pass. Simple. And Vegapunk was lying on the ground just behind.

I guess it's just a big fucking coincidence then that Kizaru gets blocked by Sanji, then just-so-happens to reiterate that he must "take their head". Definitely was referring to Vegapunk (who we already know he was trying to kill) and not Sanji
:willight:
Be it Vegapunk or Sanji it's the same thing. This is not a promise of a fight between Sanji and Kizaru, this is a promise of Kizaru expressing that he will have to force himself to fight someone here (most likely Luffy)

and then the rest of the arc went to shit from 1108 onwards.
Nothing went to sh*t. Only your expectations did.

Oda could have created a great fight chapter before Saturn shows up and then force Sanji
And thus wasting time on meaningless fan service. There was no need for a fight. On the other hand, there was a need to get the body of Vegapunk out.

I definitely don't feel Sanji performed at the level he should
Voila. The prime example.

"he should".. like, are you the author here ?

Sanji is performing just right. He showed that he could block a Kizaru attack. What do you need more to understand that Sanji is AT LEAST close to admiral level ? CAn't you understand one simple panel ?