Spoiler One Piece Chapter 986 Spoilers Discussion

Katakuri Strongest FM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Yamato isn't portrayed as straw hat material at all. The shackles took her freedom away for 20 years yet the removal got treated like some random & unimportant thing, with Yamato making a gag face. Kanjuro's "death" had more emotional focus in the same chapter
Er, Kaido is her main obstacle. She didn't even know the shackles were going to explode. There was zero emotional relation with the shackles, the emotion is her relationship with her father.

How about we wait for the backstory instead of jumping the gun. The character has said she wants to join Luffy, how are you guys refuting that fact lmao

*Oda makes Yamato literally demand to travel on Luffy’s ship*

All the big brains on the forum: SHE ISN’T JOINING LOLZ, THE PATTERN AND SHE IS GONNA JOIN THE GRAND FLEET AND I’VE NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING IN ONE PIECE BUT I STILL CLING TO MY HEADCANON LIKE IT’S KEEPING ME ALIVE :gokulaugh:
Didn't Vivi demand the same thing but then things changed right?
We don't know the further development of Wano, maybe an event happens that leads to her staying in Wano.

Though I won't mind her joining, my issue is each straw hat has a a purpose and they are nearly best in the world at it.
What exactly is Yamato's purpose? What does she bring to the table, what spot is she filling?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We don't know the further development of Wano, maybe an event happens that leads to her staying in Wano.

Though I won't mind her joining, my issue is each straw hat has a a purpose and they are nearly best in the world at it.
What exactly is Yamato's purpose? What does she bring to the table, what spot is she filling?
What?? Vivi the princess who wanted to save Alabasta?? How does that compare to Yamato the prisoner who wants to LEAVE the land she’s in, not save it??

Base Primebeard's CoO and CoA are confirmed above that of any current emperor.

Full Power Big mom and Kaidou had a full on clash and their weapons didn't even create a small force field, let alone something on the level of WB/Roger.

Base Primebeard ~ Yonkou
Gura Primebeard > Yonkou
Roger and Primebeard are the two strongest characters in the entire series.

Where are you going with this?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

As far as her purpose, I don’t have an answer for that, which is why every big brain here thinks they’ve got the drop on me. It’s as if they think we know everything about her abilities and personality right now and she won’t reveal any skills that would be useful on the crew.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Anyways he also has a point....she needs some purpose or some good character development....but I can see the potential....
As far as her purpose, I don’t have an answer for that, which is why every big brain here thinks they’ve got the drop on me. It’s as if they think we know everything about her abilities and personality right now and she won’t reveal any skills that would be useful on the crew.

Er, Kaido is her main obstacle. She didn't even know the shackles were going to explode. There was zero emotional relation with the shackles, the emotion is her relationship with her father.

How about we wait for the backstory instead of jumping the gun. The character has said she wants to join Luffy, how are you guys refuting that fact lmao
She literally said previous chapter that these things prevent from her being free and had her trapped for 20 years. Saying that the fear of them explosing is the reason why she could never leave for TWENTY years. You sure you read One Piece ? You know the series where the MC destroying Nami's room in Arlong Park had huge emotional impact

Yep, the shackles were just another means of Kaido keeping her and debated weither her father would really strap bombs to her to prevent her from leaving Onigashima and just with Luffys reaction last chapter just saying I will rip them off I don't get why people thought it was gonna be a big moment.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
For the “Yamato has no purpose” crowd - is knowing intimate details of the journey the writer of her “bible” took to Laugh Tale not enough of a purpose? Is being able to guide the crew to their desired destination not enough to justify her joining?

Are you even aware of how editorial process words?
An editors decision is still canon because it happened manga, an editor though it would be appropriate, putting Shanks combat power into consideration, that he gets his arm taken off by a fish and Oda sanctioned it.

And you seriously fixated on that when @Seraphoenix and @Jo_Ndule has been constantly repeated "He got stalled by Vista", talk about hypocrisy.

And what do you mean no one went out of their way to explicitly say Mihawk is stronger than Shanks?
What does the world refer to Mihawk as? The STRONGEST swordsman in the world, and the world considers Shanks a swordsman as shown in Zoro's novel. How is that no explicit approval of majority of the world that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, how can strongest swordsman not be stronger than a swordsman? Is he not strongest swordsman? Is the world lying regarding Mihawk's strength?

And you like to mention editor? What about an editor (or Oda himself) saying Mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to come and give him a worthy fight? Is that not enough?

What about Mihawk calling Shanks one armed Has been who is too weak to fight him to his face?

How do you explicitly show somebody in fiction to be stronger than somebody? The amount of emphasis Oda and editors have put on Mihawk being stronger than Shanks in insurmountable.
Why are you fixated on the fish? That was Pre-Yonko Shanks. It says nothing about current Shanks. What it does say though is that Shanks with two-arms who was equal to Mihawk per red databook was 'blitzed by a bandit and became fish food'. If I were you I would run away from that incident as it's a big yikes for anyone supporting Mihawk if his equal there had such 'shitty portrayal'.

I already corrected you. Mihawk calls Shanks a one armed bastard and says a final decision won't be reached because of the arm. Meaning Mihawk won't duel him because he has one-arm, not because he is weak. It's about honour. See Zoro's comments about a scar on a swordsman's back. There is some sort of code of honour amongst swordsman. So Mihawk doesn't even consider Shanks a swordsman anymore as he doesn't have two arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.