One Piece Episode 935 - Zoro, Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!

Rate The Opening

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new is opening was quite stunning. I liked WAN DREAM and thought it was the strongest OP in many years, but this was a very good follow up for Wano. Another 2 minute opening which drags very little compared to the 2:30 openings so great decision once again. No Sunny filler, no Fishman Island outfits, it's a new era. Maybe people think there's too much going on too quickly, but I personally loved to be overwhelmed like this. The music itself turned out better than the preview, that rock portion near the end was my fave. I love how well the beats and key transitions lined up. Maybe the ending was weak as it sounds like the music abruptly stops. Oden, Roger, Whitebeard and dino Queen all so beautiful to see in color and motion. Luffy's haki amazing in all forms, Kaido with the blue body aura I could do without. And the raid outfits for the Strawhats looking daaaaaaaaaaamn fine. A shame Jinbe didn't join them but I guess even the anime will not cross that line when it comes to spoilers. This would be a contendor for Top 5 openings if not for that mistake of once again wasting 20 seconds teasing the episode we're just about to watch. Dreamin' On will have to settle for Top 10. Keep this up and Wano might be the major arc with the best openings.

Now onto the episode itself..
  • Alpacaman with the haki spit :doffytroll: and Armadilloman with the forbidden taboo seastone bullets :noo:
  • Their combination attack was sick. Toei doing a world of wonder for the Gifters.
  • Bepo, Shachi and Penguin finally got their well-deserved 10 seconds of screentime after their mentions in the last two episodes.
  • Zoro being vulnerable and dependent on others is such a refreshing side of him to see. Now stop being a dick!
  • Too many derpy shots of Hiyori with eyes too big or too wide. It's actually kind of mesmerizing.
  • Props to Hiyori's VA. She sounds like a very different woman to Komurasaki, perfect since she's essentially a different character.
The episode was okay. I should be hating how much more time the anime is spending on Luffy and the Gifters compared to the manga, the dullest part of Udon for sure, but I just can't. It's too much fun how they put creative twists on crushing fodder. Must be why people play the Musou games.

It is and the last few episodes they didn't do a good job with it.

That whole Luffy vs Gifters scene was way too long. The first minute of the episode was them (Luffy, Hyo, Queen, Gifters) simply staring at each other ffs.

You can make a good episode out of 11 pages, but it's very hard to do so. General rule is that one and a half or two manga chapters should be one anime episode. Then the pacing is usually - not always - much better.
We haven't been at 1 and half chapters since what? Thriller Bark I think.

I think stare downs can be executed nicely enough as well as long as a director knows how to pad that sort of thing out. The introduction of Madillo was nice(though comically over the top considering Luffy pretty much trounces him immediately after his introduction).

I definitely agree about the chapter count thing. In saying that, Oda thankfully, is a bit more compressed in his story telling, so there is a lot of stuff they can(and do thankfully) expand upon, as well as scenes they can add.

For example, adding comedy to some scenes(depending on circumstances).

The anime has been slow paced for years, so I'm not too bothered by it, and I guess I do watch slower shows anyway(Hokuto No Ken is a favourite of mine, and that show is mostly just staring and gaping, but its also incredibly cool about it).

What about those events that in manga occur off screen while in the anime are showed on screen?

Is our headcannon more valuable than what's showed in the anime?
What's off screen is is off screen. You think Toei doesn't put their headcanon in? They invent new moves and technique's and sometimes even contradict the manga. Is this not filler? Or do you wanna say they have intell, so they can change shit and it be canon?

What's off screen is is off screen. You think Toei doesn't put their headcanon in? They invent new moves and technique's and sometimes even contradict the manga. Is this not filler? Or do you wanna say they have intell, so they can change shit and it be canon?
Their it's not headcannon, they actually know how/where the arc is going, they even know how it ends.

They have a much wider picture than us. So their "headcannon" at least has a some sort of criteria, while ours is affected by our preferences

They have to show what happens off screen, to make everything clear because in the manga it actually sucks that everything is offscreened

Their it's not headcannon, they actually know how/where the arc is going, they even know how it ends.

They have a much wider picture than us. So their "headcannon" at least has a some sort of criteria, while ours is affected by our preferences

They have to show what happens off screen, to make everything clear because in the manga it actually sucks that everything is offscreened
So Nami able to block Crackers attacks is legit then? Luffy able to break out of Fujitora's gravity by destroying the ground is legit? Luffy able to overpower Kaidou in a clash in his dragon form is legit? (And i don't mean the first G3 attack on Kaidou's head, but a legit clash with Kaidou's claws)

Don't forget Hody being able of outspeeding and overpowering G2 Luffy.
I don't think he ever overpowered gear 2nd...
So Nami able to block Crackers attacks is legit then? Luffy able to break out of Fujitora's gravity by destroying the ground is legit? Luffy able to overpower Kaidou in a clash in his dragon form is legit? (And i don't mean the first G3 attack on Kaidou's head, but a legit clash with Kaidou's claws)
I don't think any of these things are particularly considering the circumstances of each of them...

Like, Cracker was playing with Nami(intentionally saying he was going to torture her).

Zoro was able to break out of Fujitora's gravity as well.

Kaido was incredibly drunk and isn't invincible. Overpowered Kaido's claw isn't a big deal. Luffy and Sanji were able to full on block Big Mum's serious assualt with their attacks, and Jinbei was able to effectively take on a serious attack from Big Mum, Chopper was able to stop Big Mum's slap). Stopping an incredibly intoxicated and ditzy emperor isn't out of the realm of possiblity for Luffy.

We haven't been at 1 and half chapters since what? Thriller Bark I think.

I think stare downs can be executed nicely enough as well as long as a director knows how to pad that sort of thing out. The introduction of Madillo was nice(though comically over the top considering Luffy pretty much trounces him immediately after his introduction).

I definitely agree about the chapter count thing. In saying that, Oda thankfully, is a bit more compressed in his story telling, so there is a lot of stuff they can(and do thankfully) expand upon, as well as scenes they can add.

For example, adding comedy to some scenes(depending on circumstances).

The anime has been slow paced for years, so I'm not too bothered by it, and I guess I do watch slower shows anyway(Hokuto No Ken is a favourite of mine, and that show is mostly just staring and gaping, but its also incredibly cool about it).
The anime being so slow paced for a long time shouldn't be an argument for it to continue like that.

Fans have complained for almost a decade about the declining artwork and animation quality, until they really changed something and now we actually got really nice visuals since the start of the Wano arc.

If they could fix the pacing problem (heck, I would be totally fine with them doing like 20 pages per episode instead of 12 or 13), too, it would finally turn into a really good/high quality anime.

Gifters in anime > Hawkins in manga
Yooo
For real hahahaha

Gifters are showing Koka Armament left and right, while Oda is so cheap in doing so with people like (Sanji/Hawkins/Drake/Queen/Jack/Red Scabbards) in most of the clashes that happened!

It's possible they're using haki for sure... but Oda is not drawing the black in MANY cases

While Toei is spamming Koka left and right with even fodders LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.