One Piece community destroyed my enjoyment for Manga in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
For 2-3 years I'm a part of One Piece online community. ( 1 Year OJ + worst gen) and 2 years as a ghost reader.

I rarely enjoy Manga rn and when I fall into Power scaling exchanges I think like I'm burning out.

I read One Piece for 10 years / Watch anime for 13 years and it took only 3 years after joining One Piece communities to make me consider dropping fews shows including One Piece.

It's funny how online people/online exchanges can spin you around. People will say "don't react", "don't listen". I think it's impossible sometimes.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you regret joining the manga community sometimes ( not necessarily OP it's just my own story )?

Sometimes I can't enjoy the show that I love because of thinking too much about it or talking with someone about it.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
I think joining any online community can ruin your enjoyment for that community, for a myriad of reasons, but yeah I definitely enjoyed OP more before arguing about it online lol. Itโ€™s a strange thing that joining a fandom can do.

This is probably why I havenโ€™t gotten involved in bigger Berserk or Kingdom communities. I enjoy those mangas by myself and donโ€™t need to share my enjoyment with a ton of others to appreciate these mangas myself. With OP, I try to distance my own enjoyment from the fandom but thatโ€™s not successful most of the time lol.

I stick around because I find the community funny more often than not, and I have friends and such here. Certain topics still draw me in like Katakuri and the admirals and such but, mostly I stick around for manga outside of OP whoโ€™s fandoms are not nearly as much to deal with lol.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Look, i am an admin on another forum, i was on OJ for 2-3 years , i am 3 other forums and i play mafia.
I used to spend a lot of time in Arena and overall OP section just shit talking everything and everyone.

I was there where you are now. Endless powerscale discussions that result in 0 progress because everyone headcannons their own ideas and opinions. Only people i ever loved talking about powerscale are Celestial D Dragon, redx and sanjikun bcs he made me laugh.

In the end i burned out, not just from Manga but overall. Took me weeks to get back on tract and ever since then i dropped out of powerscale debates. I know its like crack but your life becomes so much better when you drop it

I know its kinda hard to get out of it here bcs 90% of stuff i've seen here is powerscale but yea, good luck

I think joining any online community can ruin your enjoyment for that community, for a myriad of reasons, but yeah I definitely enjoyed OP more before arguing about it online lol. Itโ€™s a strange thing that joining a fandom can do.

This is probably why I havenโ€™t gotten involved in bigger Berserk or Kingdom communities. I enjoy those mangas by myself and donโ€™t need to share my enjoyment with a ton of others to appreciate these mangas myself. With OP, I try to distance my own enjoyment from the fandom but thatโ€™s not successful most of the time lol.

I stick around because I find the community funny more often than not, and I have friends and such here. Certain topics still draw me in like Katakuri and the admirals and such but, mostly I stick around for manga outside of OP whoโ€™s fandoms are not nearly as much to deal with lol.
Once one piece ends the toxic ones are all gon migrate to kingdom :josad:.

For 2-3 years I'm a part of One Piece online community. ( 1 Year OJ + worst gen) and 2 years as a ghost reader.

I rarely enjoy Manga rn and when I fall into Power scaling exchanges I think like I'm burning out.

I read One Piece for 10 years / Watch anime for 13 years and it took only 3 years after joining One Piece communities to make me consider dropping fews shows including One Piece.

It's funny how online people/online exchanges can spin you around. People will say "don't react", "don't listen". I think it's impossible sometimes.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you regret joining the manga community sometimes ( not necessarily OP it's just my own story )?

Sometimes I can't enjoy the show that I love because of thinking too much about it or talking with someone about it.
Same thing happened with me.... Toxicity of fandom kinda killed the excitement I used to have for OP. It even diluted the zest I had for my fav character, because his wankers are most poisonous ones on the forum......... I don't remember things being like this when I joined OJ in the beginning, but somehow the atmosphere has gotten much more malignant during the last few years.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
It made me enjoy it more at first until it also made me realise the garbage I was watching/reading.

At this point I'm only here for one character.
Sometimes I read for one specific moment/character that I'm waiting for and I'm completely forgetting about the beauty of the story.

Those are the classical phases of manga fandom.

1) At first you enjoy it and read it on your own.

2) Then you join a forum and discuss about it.

3) After a while you realize how toxic it can be and you get into arguments.

4) You generally get annoyed at most dicussions in the forum and also develop an antipathy against the manga itself.

5) You take a few step backs from the forum and actually just read it on your own again. You like it much more again.

6) You come back, just let the idiots talk in their respective threads and generally don't give a fuck about any toxic encounters anymore. You just troll them and laugh about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.