Fanclub Owl’s Fiction Evaluation Club.

you can admit this is hype

Not really because this entire sequence was just a repeat of Renji and Kuchiki’s introduction from the previous arc, with an entrance that highly smacks of Vegeta and Nappa. Yammy in particular, is practically a Nappa clone. Lel.
@Owl Ki how did you feel after 600+ chapters of bleach ?? :yasu:
Well I was glad to have finished it due to it being so bad. Bleach is the most frustrating manga experience I have ever had due to it’s poor writing, weak main characters, atrociously tedious pacing and highly variable quality in fights.

Kubo’s strongest arcs (Agent of the Shinigami and The Lost Agent) are those that are the shortest at (50 and 59 chapters respectively) and are set in the world of the living and thus require much less world building.

Kubo overextends his abilities with long winded arcs that require decent world building. The longer the arc goes and the more world building it needs, the worse it gets.

In my opinion, Bleach should have either been;

I) Set solely in the world of the living and been a slice of life, action comedy about a teenage samurai ghostbuster defeating evil spirits and assisting lost souls to the afterlife. This would pretty much seem to be the extent of Kubo’s abilities if his best two arcs are anything to go by.

II) Set solely in the afterlife and be a journey following Ichigo’s rise up the Shinigami chain of command in order to reach his goal. This would allow Kubo to actually explore the Soul Society and other realms in more detail, though I doubt Kubo’s ability to pull this off.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So I’ve been thinking a lot about Wano for the past 3 months or so, and I’ve been thinking about what changes I would make to the story in order to make the arc more enjoyable, since it’s no secret that I don’t enjoy Wano at all lol. Anyway, I did a drawing of Oden vs Kaido from my headcanon, and I think it looks quite majestic lol.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
So I’ve been thinking a lot about Wano for the past 3 months or so, and I’ve been thinking about what changes I would make to the story in order to make the arc more enjoyable, since it’s no secret that I don’t enjoy Wano at all lol. Anyway, I did a drawing of Oden vs Kaido from my headcanon, and I think it looks quite majestic lol.

HAHA that Kaido face is awesome

And Superman Oden is great, it seems he fisted Kaido lol

Last edited:

Amazing, too bad Oda would skip that sick hybrid look on Kaido and give him tiny dragon legs and a tail.:milaugh:

@Owl Ki

1) why did you dislike aizen?

2) what did you think of mayuri?

3) what did you think of kenpach?

4) are there any bleach characters that you liked?
Aye, I quoted you here so that I did not fill up a One Piece thread with Bleach talk. Lol.

In order:

I) My main problem with Aizen is that the reader never gets to know him. I have no idea why he does anything in the story. He wants to become God. Why? He abhors the notion of trust. Why? I might not have minded knowing so little about him if Aizen was merely one in a quick succession of antagonists but he is not. Aizen takes up 1/2 the manga and I know as little about him by the end of it as when I started.

I have talked about Aizen in more detail previously.
Well if the protagonist is narratively impotent then perhaps the villains of this manga can save it?

Unfortunately, they do not.

Bleach only really has two major series antagonists in Aizen and Yhwach, both of whom share quite a few problems.

I) Aizen.

Aizen is a megalomaniac, plain and simple. He desires to become the ultimate being in existence and take the Soul King’s place as God.

Why does Aizen desire to become a deity? Why does he hold such disdain for the Shinigami? Why is he so hell bent on transcending all other life forms? How did he become the obsessive megalomaniac that he is today? Why does he the concept of trust? What does he plan on even doing after becoming God?

Well I do not know cause Kubo never answered any of those questions. We never get to learn who Aizen really is or what motivates him. He is just the bad guy that is ruining everyone’s day and needs beating up for it.

A complete lack of character motivation aside, Aizen is a pretentious, arrogant, narcissist with a few good quotes regarding the subject of deities and that is it. Other than that, by the end of the Arrancar Arc, he goes from a calm, collected mastermind to a carbon copy of Perfect Cell from DBZ and rants about how he cannot possibly be surpassed by SSJ3 Ichigohan.

Aizen also becomes utterly irritating when no matter what happens in the story, he somehow “already knew” despite it making no sense for him to have outright known in the first place. His knowledge of any and all events practically borders on omnipotence.

Admittedly, there are a handful of glimpses into Aizen’s character through Ichigo’s observations regarding how Aizen’s zanpakuto sword projected “loneliness” (zanpakuto are connected to a wielder’s soul) and how Aizen might have willingly parted from the Hogyoku (which just seems straight up nonsense given everything that just happened) along with a few of Aizen’s words regarding certain topics (such as the concepts of loyalty, trust and adoration) but there is never anything solid enough for the reader to actually know Aizen as a person.
II) The Shinigami scientist Captain, aye? Hmm, Mayuri is what I would call a morbidly entertaining character. He is certainly not designed to be liked yet the reader is drawn in by his absolutely amoral world perspective. His fight against the scientist Espada was one of the most memorable, with his speech on the folly of perfection being one of the most entertaining in the manga.

His fight against the Zombie Sternritter had that batshit insane time manipulation drug but I don’t hold that against Mayuri. TYBW arc was just weird. Lol.

III) Kenpachi could be entertaining at times. His fight against Tosen was one of the highlights of the SS arc. I initially got tired of Kenpachi consistently threatening to “carve people” up and then just not doing so but Kubo fixes that by making Bleach more brutal over the Time Skip.

Kenpachi vs Unohana was probably the best thing about the TYBW arc as well.

IV) Characters I like? Urahara, Yoruichi, Barragan, Yamamoto, Ichibe and my personal favourite, big daddy Hachigan Ushoda.

Even if he was not that important a character, Shawlong also had a pretty wicked design. Lol.

Aye, I quoted you here so that I did not fill up a One Piece thread with Bleach talk. Lol.

In order:

I) My main problem with Aizen is that the reader never gets to know him. I have no idea why he does anything in the story. He wants to become God. Why? He abhors the notion of trust. Why? I might not have minded knowing so little about him if Aizen was merely one in a quick succession of antagonists but he is not. Aizen takes up 1/2 the manga and I know as little about him by the end of it as when I started.

I have talked about Aizen in more detail previously.

II) The Shinigami scientist Captain, aye? Hmm, Mayuri is what I would call a morbidly entertaining character. He is certainly not designed to be liked yet the reader is drawn in by his absolutely amoral world perspective. His fight against the scientist Espada was one of the most memorable, with his speech on the folly of perfection being one of the most entertaining in the manga.

His fight against the Zombie Sternritter had that batshit insane time manipulation drug but I don’t hold that against Mayuri. TYBW arc was just weird. Lol.

III) Kenpachi could be entertaining at times. His fight against Tosen was one of the highlights of the SS arc. I initially got tired of Kenpachi consistently threatening to “carve people” up and then just not doing so but Kubo fixes that by making Bleach more brutal over the Time Skip.

Kenpachi vs Unohana was probably the best thing about the TYBW arc as well.

IV) Characters I like? Urahara, Yoruichi, Barragan, Yamamoto, Ichibe and my personal favourite, big daddy Hachigan Ushoda.

Even if he was not that important a character, Shawlong also had a pretty wicked design. Lol.
can you rate the vice captains from favorite to least favorite?