Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hoshina IS looking real nice, but let’s give Kafka some credit...even at 92 percent released, he considers his underling in disguise a Mega Monster (and like my friend Light, I would assume this means there are more monsters out there of his caliber), and Kafka caught him looking there at the end :goyea:

Holy shit. It's on fire. Hoshina is a badass mofo.

Mega Monsters though. How many have they seen since they have a category for them? And what would the next category be?
A late reply since I was busy with some college work. Lol.

Anyway, this “Mega Monster” category is apparently given to monsters with a Fortitude Level 8.0

Back in Chapter 8, this was said...

So 9.8 is considered to be one of the strongest but not the strongest, which I am assuming will probably be a straight 10.0

The way that Hoshina says “Above 8.0” kind of makes it sound like anything 8.0 and above is considered a “Mega Monster”, which is similar to how anything above an 8.0 on the Richter Scale (which is what this Fortitude Level scale reminds me of) is labelled as “Great”.

My other guess would be that a Kaiju between 8.0-8.9 is classified as a “Mega Monster” while something that is 9.0-10.0 has an even higher ranking.
Tbh expected this outcome as one of the possibilities.
After some of the recent monstrosities I have read, I will gladly take an expected but logical outcome over something that completely blindsides the reader. Lol.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Nice chapter.

Nice that Monster 9 can change faces, it made me thing about Kira in Jojo.

The captain friend of Kafka seems to be quite absolute in her "justce" against monsters. Her reaction when she will discover it will be nice.