Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters
This panel was raw. Don't look at it until you read lmao.
That panel was just... :akaman::akaman::akaman:

So it looks like the first real verses fight of the series is now upon us. :finally:

Pin Eyes has fast acting regeneration and range on his side (so far) while Kafka seems to have a raw physical power advantage, though it could just be that his first strike was successful due to being a surprise attack.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
So it looks like the first real verses fight of the series is now upon us. :finally:
Yeah it should be pretty good.

Pin Eyes has fast acting regeneration and range on his side (so far) while Kafka seems to have a raw physical power advantage, though it could just be that his first strike was successful due to being a surprise attack.
We'll see. I believe it will be a good battle. Kafka seems very angry now, he might release even more power than normal, if it works that way.

Does the suit will help Kafka at one point or only the Kaiju powers works ?
Currently, Kafka has only been able to achieve 1% of the suit’s power so far.

The suit also seems to go inactive whenever Kafka turns into his kaiju form since it stops transmitting his vitals.

I think Kafka’s kaiju powers actually interfere with his ability to use the suit somehow. Hoshino considered Kafka’s abysmally low suit compatibility to be worthy of suspicion.

I have high hopes for this series
The comedy is on point and the art is gorgeous at points not to mention the characters
Kafka is very enjoybale and the supporting cast is pretty good
My onky complaint is their suits which look like less cool versions of 3d gear from AoT

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Damn, that was not a fight, twas a slaughter. :watchout:

At least Pin Eyes was able to damage Kafka if nothing else.

I have to admit, even though it was not the proper fight I was expecting, Kafka going full ham on ol' Pinny was still fun to watch, especially with the great art. Hopefully we see Kaiju Kafka get a proper fight soon though because watching nothing but curb stomps will quickly lose it's appeal.

Perhaps Pin Eyes will be the type that upgrades and modifies his body through self experimentation like some mad bio scientist.

Fun enough chapter. Lol.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Damn son. That was some beatdown. Wild.

And Kafka showing off some new things, that was cool.

Interested to see what is gonna happen now. He'll probably try to flee somewhere to transform back, but will he take out the monster first or no? I think @RayanOO's idea of reporting back to someone which will give us more world building is good.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Damn this chapter went pretty fast. Serious Hoshina? I think they will clash a little. Kafka will turn back into Human just before the rest of the troops will join and both he and Hoshina will admit that Monster #8 got away and we will leave the chapter at Hoshina thinking to himself "What should I do with you Kafka huh?".

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Gonna read it in like half an hour. Gotta wrap up work.
Post automatically merged:

Oh boy lmao. Hoshina is a serious mofo. Let's see how this is resolved. Will Hoshina find out about Kafka like @Seth mentioned? It's gonna be interesting whatever happens.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Nice one

92% is hella high, so we will have a benchmark of how best humans can fight Kafka and gauge a little the overall power level or the characters.

I think either the girl will mess with the fight to create an opportunity for Kafka to run away or at last moment he will turn back to human.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓