Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Holy shit! Kaiju no. 8 was already a new favorite of mine, but these past 3 chapters were absolutely awesome. The moment where Kafka is getting pumped up but then gets instantly rolled over was hysterical. I’m glad it seems like a Kafka will remain in many ways the polar opposite to many Shonen protagonists, having to rely on his experience doing un-glorified jobs to contribute to Kaiju slaying rather than being some overpowered prodigy like Reno and Kikoru. I hope he doesn’t use his Kaiju power to “cheat” in comparison to his squad mates, I’d like to see how far he can take himself from his wits alone, but of course the Daikaiju action is very welcome lol.

The action in these chapters really elevated for me. I should’ve known that the manga that produced this legend-tier moment of hype:

Was going to have a ton of big and cool action moments to show lol.

This moment with Ashiro:

Was motherfucking ridiculous, and this great moment with Hoshina:

Was great as well. I’m glad Hoshina claims that he is in fact stronger than Ashiro in dealing with more mid-sized Kaiju, I enjoy manga where you have characters hitting the established power ceiling in different categories instead of manga with seemingly more straightforward A>B>C scaling.

The most hyped character in this manga is still Director Shinomiya, and I’m eager to see how he compares to Ashiro who seems like a humongous prodigy in her own right.

Yeah, wow. Kaiju no. 8 blowing my expectations out of the water with these past 3 chapters, and it was already a new favorite of mine.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
What pissed me off really hard was 0% for Kafka. Okay, he wasn't training hard for all those years where he didn't make it to battle forces and worked in a cleaning company but that was just fuckins stupid.

I'm really annoyed with MC's who are clowned on the beginning.