Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters
@Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @Jew D. Boy @RayanOO

Chapter 14 is out.

The thing that stuck out to me most was this panel.

Apparently, monsters have been a threat for hundreds of years in this universe. How did they deal with them back then? Lol.

Perhaps the kaiju used to be smaller? Maybe humanity developed technology more quickly in this universe? Interesting times. :kizabat:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Chapter 14 is out.

Apparently, monsters have been a threat for hundreds of years in this universe. How did they deal with them back then? Lol.

Perhaps the kaiju used to be smaller? Maybe humanity developed technology more quickly in this universe? Interesting times. :kizabat:
I didn’t look at the panel you posted before reading the chapter, and I thought it was gonna be the one where Hoshina showed what he can do with those things, but that’s something I didn’t really notice until you pointed it out...sounds like we’ll learn about the true nature of the Kaiju and their crusade against humanity in the future :finally:

Also, 96% Released Mina is hype as hell, but should that figure be so high this early in the series? Doesn’t seem like she has a lot of room to grow if that’s the case...

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Chapter 14 is out.

I read it yesterday lol.

Aight, you're right. Interesting notion.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
WOW FUCK OFF SETH, FUJI, AND TOBS!! LET ME DO MY DAMN JOB!! :lusalty:
Post automatically merged:

Thoughts on Leno btw?

Someone here already said it, I think it was you @Owl Ki but he seems like the shonen protagonist. Young, talented, advancing quickly etc.
After seeing him get singled out like Kikoru, I’m inclined to believe we’ll see him follow this path before getting corrupted by it somehow :kayneshrug:

Also, 96% Released Mina is hype as hell, but should that figure be so high this early in the series? Doesn’t seem like she has a lot of room to grow if that’s the case...
Well, she is a Commander so she has to be amongst the cream of the crop to begin with. Even amongst the Commanders, she seems to be considered to be exceptional.

I am not too concerned about Mina's strength being this high since I expect that the main focus on Mina will be with her relationship with Kafka. She could also become the leader of the Defense Corps in the future, which could be a learning curve for her.

It is possible to have an extremely powerful character within a verse still suffer challenges to their character. Best example I can think of is Vash the Stampede from Trigun. He is pretty much within the top three characters in the verse straight off the bat but the challenges he faces are personal and moral rather than physical thus there is still plenty of tension.

Perhaps we may see Mina go through something similar. :kizabat:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
After seeing him get singled out like Kikoru, I’m inclined to believe we’ll see him follow this path before getting corrupted by it somehow :kayneshrug:
You think he might become a monster like Kafka but unable to control himself? Or maybe he becomes a monster and advances quickly but is able to retain his human shape and still use his powers, but the monster slowly takes him over? And then an EPIC GAMER @Shuyaku BATTLE between him and Kafka.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Well, she is a Commander so she has to be amongst the cream of the crop to begin with. Even amongst the Commanders, she seems to be considered to be exceptional.

I am not too concerned about Mina's strength being this high since I expect that the main focus on Mina will be with her relationship with Kafka. She could also become the leader of the Defense Corps in the future, which could be a learning curve for her.

It is possible to have an extremely powerful character within a verse still suffer challenges to their character. Best example I can think of is Vash the Stampede from Trigun. He is pretty much within the top three characters in the verse straight off the bat but the challenges he faces are personal and moral rather than physical thus there is still plenty of tension.

Perhaps we may see Mina go through something similar. :kizabat:
Maybe with deeper understanding of kaijus they can create new weapons and gears to be even stronger

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You think he might become a monster like Kafka but unable to control himself? Or maybe he becomes a monster and advances quickly but is able to retain his human shape and still use his powers, but the monster slowly takes him over? And then an EPIC GAMER @Shuyaku BATTLE between him and Kafka.
Perhaps he’s ALREADY a monster in hiding, possibly for different reasons than Kafka...or maybe he’s otherwise aligned with the “ringleader” we saw at the end :noo:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Perhaps he’s ALREADY a monster in hiding, possibly for different reasons than Kafka...or maybe he’s otherwise aligned with the “ringleader” we saw at the end :noo:
Interesting tbh. Though I think he'd have taken care of that monster that attacked him and Kafka then and wouldn't depend on Kafka.

Maybe later down the line he becomes bad, but I think he isn't thus far.

Thoughts on Leno btw?

Someone here already said it, I think it was you @Owl Ki but he seems like the shonen protagonist. Young, talented, advancing quickly etc.
Aye, that was me. Lol.

While Kafka is very atypical for a shonen protagonist, Ichikawa is pretty much the shonen protagonist model, which made me wonder if this makes him a foil to Ichikawa.

Their relationship reminds me a little of Saitama and Genos in which a younger, shonen mould character looks up to an atypical, older character.

Anyway, with the way that Ichikawa is progressing, he is potentially going to reach a point in the story where he has to decide whether to hold himself back and assist Kafka's progression or leave Kafka and advance on his own path. There could be some juicy character drama between him and Kafka over this since Kafka might be afraid of losing touch with another friend the same way he lost touch with Mina. :queenhear:

Then they resolve their differences and hug. :catblush:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Anyway, with the way that Ichikawa is progressing, he is potentially going to reach a point in the story where he has to decide whether to hold himself back and assist Kafka's progression or leave Kafka and advance on his own path. There could be some juicy character drama between him and Kafka over this since Kafka might be afraid of losing touch with another friend the same way he lost touch with Mina.
Oh yes. This will definitely happen imo. I am kinda intrigued to see how they will resolve it.

Another thing that I could see happening is that Leno skyrockets to the VC position and Kafka is jealous of him and they have a falling out.

But then
Then they resolve their differences and hug. :catblush: