Spoiler One Piece Chapter 988 Spoilers Discussion

How strong is Sanji?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
About one commander difference

Without the suit he is YC4 with the suit hes YC3
Lol, there's a significant difference between a YC4 and YC3, as we saw in WCI. These are some of the most elite fighters in OP we're talking about, a suit can't give anyone that big power boost. If he's YC3 level, than it's mostly because of his capabilities not any suit.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
I'm going to laugh when Sanji, Zoro, Jinbe, and Yamato (assuming he's a future SH) ALL fight F6 members lol, and this "vs" King moment is an instance where Oda shows how outclassed anybody not Luffy is against YCs.

Then everyone can be salty
Well who's who is yonko commander level so i can see him fight zoro. Sasaki probably YC4 can fight jinbei

I'm going to laugh when Sanji, Zoro, Jinbe, and Yamato (assuming he's a future SH) ALL fight F6 members lol, and this "vs" King moment is an instance where Oda shows how outclassed anybody not Luffy is against YCs.

Then everyone can be salty
I think the Straw Hats are outclassed against their ideal opponents.

Luffy VS Yonko Level (he got embarrassed by Kaido AND Big Mom in this arc)
Zoro VS FM
Nami VS Veteran (or below)
Usopp VS Veteran (or below)
Sanji VS YC
Chopper VS Veteran
Robin VS Veteran
Franky VS Veteran
Brook VS veteran
Jimbei VS YC

Jimbei and Zoro are the only ones I have hope for assuming Zoro spends 11 hours "training" with King.

Kind of my problem with the whole thing. WCI was a perfect moment for Oda to make Sanji (and if possible, Jinbe/Chopper/Nami/Brook) have a measures taken against a Yonko crew that could allow us to believe what we are seeing now. I mean, I get why he didn't, but it still strikes me as odd.

I don't think Sanji had to fight a YC, but even just defeating Perospero or just someone around his level (I guess Snack would work) would have helped. The reason why I could believe Luffy could defeat Katakuri was because he defeated a Shichibukai with immense strength beyond his bounty, while also defeating a 900 million bounty pirate right before Kata. Sanji (and Zoro) have none of this, so it still really doesn't sit well with me if they are supposed to solo these characters with no previous feats to show HOW they could do this.

Like at the moment I still believe Jinbe and Zoro might fight Sasaki and Who's Who instead. Is that terrible of me to think so? Idk, Oda hasn't given me much of a choice in believing Luffys own crew can handle YCs. Like i still don't even know if Sanji really "defeated" P1. Oda also never made that clear either, so I can see Sanji fighting P1 or even Drake if he keeps up appearances.

Maybe King really is reserved for Marco, while Queen/Jack for someone like Kid/Law. At least those seem more reasonable in terms of captains or YCs facing people closer to their caliber (for now).

Thats not to say Sanji/Zoro can't handle it, but I just wonder why Oda never made that abundantly clear. Luffy only just defeated Katakuri, are his subordinates supposed to also achieve that same feat so quickly?
It was a good opportunity but they didnt come to wholecake to defeat Big Moms crew......... Luffy said it himself he wasnt coming to wholecake to fight Big Mom. Kaido and wano was the priority. Theres no point in giving Sanji a fight in wholecake if the strawhats dont defeat Big Moms crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.