Powers & Abilities Could it be the end of Zoro vs Sanji ?

We all witnessed in the recent chapter, a clash between King and Sanji :

What happened here is that Sanji blocked King who wanted to take Momo.

The thing blocking a beast like is really hard that's why we can see Sanji having trouble here :

Be careful, Sanji didn't say "Hit" here, it's a mistake because the word used here is "ウギ" and not "ヒット = Hit", you can search by yourselves what it means.
Anyway, that's not a bad thing but i remember haters saying Zoro is huffing/puffing against lots of ennemies but here Sanji is saying something like that also so ? keep in mind, it means nothing for both of them.

Now let's talk about what King did to Sanji after that :

He choked him, Sanji couldn't do anything here, that's why he gave Momo to Shinobu.
For now let's say, Sanji wanted to save Momo that's why he couldn't do anything.

But the next panels are showing the huge difference between him and King.

King had the time to transform into his Pteranodon form and Sanji couldn't do anything, he even saying here "Oi oi, this is dangerous what are you doing?" and "let me go you bird bastard" ... In this particular moment, he can't use sarcasm as some claimed because he didn't have time for that, because if he couldn't follow King's transformation, no way he had time to troll ... and he is not kizaru or marco to have the strenght or freedom to troll.

Because :

Because in this panel, he is literally saying "i will die if my belly opens", yes this is hella weird but it's weird because it shows how the attack was deadly and not to be underestimated, and shows Sanji telling the truth : he could die if he has a hole in his stomach.
It shows the difference of power between King who just casually used his power and Sanji who isn't even thinking about being defeated but death itself.

Here King didn't want to just let him go with a hole but wanted to split him in two and told him to disappear. Sanji is using here his ability again and is invisible because he wanted to escape from the attack and said again "let me go". So his invisibility ability is just for the visual as Sanji said, so anyone can attack him if they see or touch him. So King is countering actually Sanji's main advantage of his new PU while Sanji couldn't do anything.
Lots of people claimed Sanji's fort is aerial but the two times he fought against a strong opponent in the air (doffy and king), he didn't look good. Not because Sanji is weak in the air but his opponents are far stronger.

And finally King send him into a building with Luffy using the word "やべエな" which means "this is really dangerous", this word is only used when something really dangerous is happening, that's why Luffy the next panel said to Yamato to take care of this because he wanted to help Sanji, again because King is too powerful.

So what we can learn from all of this, is the fact King is too powerful for Sanji, it's logical even Luffy was dying against Katakuri. You can't expect Sanji to jump from a certain lvl to YC1 lvl, impossible otherwise Raid Suit is the best PU in One piece. But the facts, Sanji couldn't even scratch King.
The gap between them is huge honestly, because King didn't show anything else like his hybrid form, sword or fire ability. And Oda didn't even revealed his bounty yet. There is no better opportunity to reveal his bounty against the opponent who gonna defeat him, but it wasn't the case because Sanji is not King's opponent, Oda just used his ability and smartness to save Momo, that's all.

So now, if the next chapter their clash is over, it means King overpowered Sanji and he couldn't do anything. So Sanji is still not in YC1 lvl.
I see Sanji defeating Queen just because of Shonen logic, but i'm not even sure anymore because Queen is the one who knocked out even Big Mom herself, that's huge.

The real debate is now : If Zoro defeats King in a pure 1 vs 1, it means Zoro is also way above Sanji. We can all find excuses for everything, but we can't deny what happened in this chapter and how Oda portrayed Sanji against King.
The fact King is still not using his sword means everything. He will use it against a swordsman, otherwise Oda will be dumb to give a meitou to someone. If it was a simple swords like Queen or Jack, i would understand but King has a real katana.

And franckly speaking, I don't see anyone capable to take King right now besides Luffy, Zoro or maybe Kidd (if we go by portrayal) but Kidd has more grudges against Queen who is free right now and Kaido himself.

Is it the moment when Oda gonna give Luffy and Zoro the fame and feats that the future PK and WSS deserve, and forget the "non-serious rivalries" with Kidd, Law for L and with Sanji for Z ?
I think yes, because if we are at the end of One Piece, Oda needs to hype and gives the strenght to the main fighters in order to achieve their dreams.

Mihawk is one of the strongest guys in OP, so Zoro defeating King will not change anything because any top tiers will defeat King around mid to high diff.
That's why Zoro vs King is sure at 100%, it's just Oda playing and showing lots of clashes. We could also expect a small clash between Marco vs King, because it's an all out war and everyone can clash with anyone but the true 1 vs 1 fights are not yet.

What you think ?

Last edited:
Not sure whether Zoro defeats King 1v1 or Sanji does but KING IS A FUCKING BEAST and he molly wopped Sanji worse than Doffy did
Post automatically merged:

Yes yes, Zoro will kill Kaido and surpass Roger and Sanji will be YC3 at EOS:seriously::smart::josad:
EoS Sanji = Fujitora level which is ridiculously good for his position in the world tbh
EoS Zoro > Roger/WB
EoS Luffy > Roger/WB

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Yes yes, Zoro will kill Kaido and surpass Roger and Sanji will be YC3 at EOS:seriously::smart::josad:
Thanks for acknowledging the truth nakama :p

No joke but there was never a parallel between the two, just childish rivalry that has nothing to do with power levels

This is the logical grasp..nothing to do with power levels

Zoro has always been leagues above Sanji and that because of his will power... intense training and tenacity

S

SinOfGreed

It is act 3. King still hasn't interacted with Marco and Perospero. It's still likely that Zoro fights him. And we clearly saw Sanji getting overpowered.

He got his clutch moment that was saving Momo and clashed with King. I just think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think Sanji is going to defeat King rn.

+ great thread @Aknolagon
:cheers:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
No, no I don't believe that there will be an end to this discussion.

It should be abundantly clear before even the timeskip that Zoro was stronger than Sanji, and 100x clearer after it.

However, whatever happens and whatever feats Zoro gets, Sanji can also do it "because they're rivals"
:milaugh:

So no they will "always be close" even if Zoro went on to cannonly one shot Sanji in manga. You just can't win.
:gonope:

Just learn to ignore, or troll the trollers back.

Last edited:
yeesha you couldn’t even wait for the viz

i really don’t understand what are you trying to do here king is powerful and sanji is currently weaker so? that’s how one piece and every shonen always been the enemy is very strong and seems like on another level from the main character but the main character slowly but surely overcome his enemy and become stronger compare this fight to zoro vs mr1 it’s identical but we all know how the rest of zoro vs mr1 went

then you go assuming 2 big things first: that sanji vs king was just a clash and that’s it they won’t clash anymore second: you assume zoro is going to fight king

the main topic is this the end of zoro vs sanji not what will happen after sanji vs king so don’t make excuses

and no zoro vs sanji won’t end and never will

I never said that bro, just too soon for sanji to face a yc1 ?
If he takes a yc3 or yc2, it will be fine. but there is a huge gap between yc2 and yc1 IMO
How is it too soon for Sanji to face a YC1? One Piss is gonna end in 5 years and if Sanji can't surpass YC1 during this arc then tell Oda to go fuck off. And the gap between YC1 and YC2 is high-extreme diff.

yeesha you couldn’t even wait for the viz

i really don’t understand what are you trying to do here king is powerful and sanji is currently weaker so? that’s how one piece and every shonen always been the enemy is very strong and seems like on another level from the main character but the main character slowly but surely overcome his enemy and become stronger compare this fight to zoro vs mr1 it’s identical but we all know how the rest of zoro vs mr1 went

then you go assuming 2 big things first: that sanji vs king was just a clash and that’s it they won’t clash anymore second: you assume zoro is going to fight king

the main topic is this the end of zoro vs sanji not what will happen after sanji vs king so don’t make excuses

and no zoro vs sanji won’t end and never will
But tell me cobra, what you will do if the clash is over and Zoro vs King happens with Zoro defeating him ? Will you say Sanji could have defeated king too ?
I don't get it, do you people still expect Sanji winning against Mihawk EOS ? Because Zoro will defeat him ?

It reminds me byakuya fans who claimed and said Byakuya is stronger or equal to Kenpachi but at the end, Kubo gaves Kenpachi the real feats and hype Kenpachi needed and with his bankai, he was top 5 easily comparable to Aizen, Ichigo, ywatch and ichibei.
Post automatically merged:

wasn’t it too soon for sanji to face jabra? he barely hurt blueno and jabra is 2 times stronger than blueno
Like Zoro and Luffy couldn't do anything to Lucci because they were in doubt and didn't know what to do.
And honeslty, jyabura was mid diff for Sanji. With severe wounds, Sanji defeated him easily.

Imo, it really seems all 3 calamities don't even primarily fight with their swords. We havent even seen Queen try and use his.

Honestly its been dawning on me that Luffy's top guys might not even face Calamities, but the flying 6. I personally see better parallels between Zoro/Whos Who, Sasaki/Jinbe, and Drake/P1/Sanji. If you believe Yamato is joining and is around their level, he's been fighting Ulti this entire time.

In the end, we'll know in due time. But I personally think Luffy's top crew members shouldn't just overshadow every other ally in the arc. Law and Kid exist, not to mention Marco now. We can make the claims that these characters will ONLY, exclusively fight Kaido, but that doesn't mean they can't have earlier, major battles. They have a broken healer like Marco able to heal wounds and damage, and on top of this we have no idea if all of the battles will be at Onigashima anyway.

Like its even possible Luffy himself faces King and then Kaido, in typical Oda hogging Luffy fashion. I just dont see his crew mates all surpassing Yonko commanders this arc. I dont even think Luffy is surpassing Kaido/Big Mom in a traditional sense either.