ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marineford was supposed to look cute :arnoling:
Just remember that:

- Neither Yonko has gone all out, even remotely yet.
- Not one side has had a significant character "drop" yet. The "4" Number fell this chapter but he honestly looks fine, just caught off guard by Franky's beam.
- The F6/Calamities have virtually done nothing big yet. Half of them haven't even transformed. Hotei/Fukurokuju haven't done anything.
- Marco/Pero aren't even at the battle yet.
- Law/Kid/Killer/Hawkins/Apoo haven't done anything significant since the beginning.

It's important to remember that Oda almost always escalates conflict as he goes. Everyone is currently fine. All of the Yakuza, Samurai, etc have yet to fall. None of the Minks/Scabbards either. None of the Mimiwarigumi or Onibawanshu that are notable.

This shit is ultimately STILL only getting started. Even if it ends badly in 5-10 chapters, it won't result in tons of people falling because there's not enough time for it. When things start to get "worse" you'll know. Oda ultimately does increase tension but it takes time.

Hyou saying the chapter title should be clear indication that Oda is setting up something bad in the future.

N

NeutralWatcher

Please Uroge defeat commander alone, The Big mom crew= 101% Big Mom and Franky, Chopper, Nami, Brook, Robin can fighter whit Big Mom and you said Oven who is Oven?
Cool good thing BM didn't run into Sanji lol.

Oven is a veteran whose durability is above Katakuri (from VC) and Katakuri tanked G4.

I'm sure Oven can tank G4 too and Sanji without DJ and CoA bruised Oven's face lol.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Cool good thing BM didn't run into Sanji lol.

Oven is a veteran whose durability is above Katakuri (from VC) and Katakuri tanked G4.

I'm sure Oven can tank G4 too and Sanji without DJ and CoA bruised Oven's face lol.
Nami can fight with cracker and she doesn't have zeus still; Nami with zeus>>Oven

i dont see either ulti or yamato acknowledging that attack
I understand that, but the point was that it caused chaos. They were fighting right before this and Yamato was with Luffy the next chapter finding Momo/Shinobu. Not everything has to be perfectly spelt out. I"m sure we'll see a panel or 2 the next few chapters that shows the F6 chasing Yamato or the 5 Yakuza (Hyou and the other 4) defending Momo against the F6 (sans Drake probably). It was partially set up already this chapter from their dialogue. Not that they'll win at all though.
Post automatically merged:

The attack which oda never connects.
Well....they'd all be dead lol.

Z
I understand that, but the point was that it caused chaos. They were fighting right before this and Yamato was with Luffy the next chapter finding Momo/Shinobu. Not everything has to be perfectly spelt out. I"m sure we'll see a panel or 2 the next few chapters that shows the F6 chasing Yamato or the 5 Yakuza (Hyou and the other 4) defending Momo against the F6 (sans Drake probably). It was partially set up already this chapter from their dialogue. Not that they'll win at all though.
Post automatically merged:

Well....they'd all be dead lol.
i suppose ur right

List of things that haven't happened yet:

- 3/6 F6 member's haven't even transformed.
- Hotei/Fukurokuju haven't done anything notable yet. Neither have their subordinates.
- None of the Supernova (Kid, Killer, Law, Hawkins, Apoo, Drake) haven't done anything notable yet.
- No hybrid zoans shown save for Page 1, Drake and Ulti, and none of them have fallen. This indicates that barely anyone has gone all out yet.
- The Minks, Yakuza and Scabbards haven't done anything notable yet.
- The Calamities haven't done anything notable yet.
- Haven't gotten a full strawhat showcase against fodder (you know its coming next chapter)

Literally nobody has fallen or received enough damage to be out of the arc.

This should tell you that this shit has barely even started lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.